Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm positively thinking about skydiving into my new Bronco if I go with the 4-door. That should be possible without that Jeep-bar in the middle, right?

giphy - 2020-10-20T104708.877.gif
I'm going to go with one of my favorite quotes.
"Yes! 50/50!"
NeglectedSilentBooby-max-1mb.gif
Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still stoked, I understand some frustrations, but having seen them. I'm still 100% stoked for it, I know it's hard to take my word but the hype is real.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

X plan, no x plan. Dealership change allowed, only one change allowed. (Now two). September B&P, no B&P. Things like that.

And I'm very understanding. Can't even imagine the man hours involved for the B&P. So I can let that slide.
Those things plus the change to the allocation process. Started with timestamp with some allowances for production. First come first served. Now itā€™s timestamp and dealership selection. Maybe this is how it was always planned, but certainly feels bait and switch.

I have understood the product offerings and that not everyone would be happy with the lineup of options. What has soured me is the changes post reveal that seem to go out of the way to be anti-consumer. How does allocating more units to larger dealers first Instead of based on reservat timestamp help the consumer? How does locking in dealer 2 months prior to ordering (now changed) help the consumer?

Other aspects for the launch have been irritating or annoying, but I have been cutting Ford a lot of slack due to my experience working in a large company and the current world environment. They have piled up though and the latest thing (X plan) is getting to be the breaking point for some people. Product Communications manager stating that he would help get X plan for someone is an extremely bad look when the company changes it (with laughable official rationale) and planned to release that information at the same time as B&P release and materials walkthrough. They did this before for the delay announcement for the B&P release in the ManSquatch update. Itā€™s not only the letdowns, itā€™s the manner they have been (or planned to be) communicated.

I know that I would be happier with the launch if I didnā€™t pay such close attention to these details. Place a reservation, order in December, and pickup next year. Iā€™m an enthusiast though. I love cars and trucks. I love looking at the options, weighing ā€œneedsā€ and wants. Itā€™s fun! Navigating the flow of letdowns? Much less so.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be fair -

Ford's plan to axe the x-plan leaked before B&P. Of course people are going to be negative. Why do you think Ford was trying to wait to until after B&P to announce the exclusion of the x plan? They knew it would be a visceral action if it came out before B&P. We responded EXACTLY how they thought we would.

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love how this thread asked for positivity and now, here are all the negative nancy's justifying their negativity.

This entire forum's negativity is first world problems at its finest. Thankful I have the ability to buy a new car with the state of the world right now. Have I had second thoughts? Yep. But I'm excited for B&P and seeing where it goes from there :)

Sponsored

ejkre

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The fact is Ford is a massive company with a ton of customers who are all generally excited for this vehicle. If they offered a white top, then people would just be upset about something else. The fact is not everyone will get exactly what they want, but many of us are, and many more are getting something pretty darn close. We'll always hear from the minority who are outspokenly angry about not getting every detail of what they want, and the people who do just go about their day in peace.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you imagine the negativity if there weren't delays in B&P and it didn't have all the accessories or options or if it didn't perform well? I think a meltdown would have ensued!

I would rather have the minor delays to get things done right the best they can than be pre mature and crappy.

Also, I don't mind if droves of NNs (Negative Nancy's) pull their orders... it just might put me higher up in the list! Maybe enough will leave and I will become the 1st retail customer to take delivery?!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be fair -

Ford's plan to axe the x-plan leaked before B&P. Of course people are going to be negative. Why do you think Ford was trying to wait to until after B&P to announce the exclusion of the x plan? They knew it would be a visceral action if it came out before B&P. We responded EXACTLY how they thought we would.
They didnā€™t need to invite the comparison to Shelbys and Raptors. We all know why no X plan. I had a good laugh at that inclusion.
Love how this thread asked for positivity and now, here are all the negative nancy's justifying their negativity.

This entire forum's negativity is first world problems at its finest. Thankful I have the ability to buy a new car with the state of the world right now. Have I had second thoughts? Yep. But I'm excited for B&P and seeing where it goes from there :)
OP asked if we are still just excited to own a new Bronco. Just excited? Unfortunately not quite as much as before. I am still excited about the Bronco. Other vehicles donā€™t offer what the Bronco does, so Iā€™m still hooked. Just not as excited as I was 3 months ago since lots of reality has set in.

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm late in the game and just reserved about a week ago. I saw this billboard a couple days ago right after signing up, so fate? If I can't find a local CO deal, I'll switch to Granger. I find Ford's roll out of this vehicle astounding and find it humorous how a large corporation THAT HAS BEEN SELLING CARS FOR OVER A CENTURY is struggling to message about this great vehicle. I've been waiting for a decent off road vehicle competitor to Jeep (yawn - not by bag of oats) or Toyota (my dad had a 74 LandCruiser I wish I still had so I bought a 14 FJ and couldn't wait to sell it - my wife put it best - its a vehicle for a guy and a dog and not much else). So while I wait the 527 days until delivery (assuming it will deliver on 3/31/22 - my birthday!), I can plan my route back to CO from IA. Just doing a quick search, we can stop and see the American Gothic house (about 100 miles SE of Des Moines). Since I'm getting a Badlands, we can drive to SD and go thru Badlands(thanks to another member for bringing this up in another post!). So maybe post up some ideas about the positive, interesting and fun places you will go see when you drive home in your new Bronco. I can't wait to see the "drive home" thread and where people go in this great new truck!

IMG_3696 (002).jpg

Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Within the last 24 hours this forum has gone from a bunch of people eager and excited for the new bronco, to a bunch of grown adults complaining about everything under the sun. Iā€™m tired of all of this negativity. Is anyone out there still just excited by the idea of owning a sparkling new bronco?!
This forum has long been a haven for complaints about the most minor of details. So now when something truly important changes, like X-Plan, members feel like they have to kick up the level of insanity a notch. People want to pay less than $30k for every single option and upgrade on the planet, going so far as to complain about the rear seat A/C vent locations (same as my Mustang, btw) and the gap locations of the modular tops. Not everything is a deal breaker. (Though shame on Ford on eliminating the X-plan pricing)

That said, I'm still super excited to build and order my Bronco. I've had my Mustang for over 10 years now, and have been itching to buy something new as its beginning to fall apart. I've decided to treat myself (as I just turned 40) to a brand new Bronco, and as much as I'd like to have it NOW NOW NOW, I can wait, as the anticipation will make it that much more sweet (thats what she said).

I reserved a 4-door Base, but plan on upgrading it to a 4-door Cactus Gray Black Diamond, Sasquatch, 2.7 Auto with the MIC top, plus whatever B&P tantalizes me with. Really hoping for a 12" screen a la carte option.

farley.gif

TxusBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Within the last 24 hours this forum has gone from a bunch of people eager and excited for the new bronco, to a bunch of grown adults complaining about everything under the sun. Iā€™m tired of all of this negativity. Is anyone out there still just excited by the idea of owning a sparkling new bronco?!
I am still very excited, I am still going to be able to use A-Plan discount on my Bronco as I am a Ford employee! WooHoo!!!
Sponsored