Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Hoss 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You do not need to have it plugged in - Unless you like seeing the info the module provides. Otherwise, run the tune and throw it in your glove box.
Thanks.
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy, has anyone seen any improvements with 4low and the odd shifts? Mine is stock, but I notice that sometimes when tranny shifts from 3rd to second the rpm goes nuts and lurches the vehicle forward. Other times in 4 high I approach a steeper hill and give it gas and it’s a dog because the tranny is in a higher gear. Not sure if the tune will improve shifting points and make transition smoother?

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Guys…

Why does it say it only works on US/Canada cars? My bronco is from Mexican market, could it work as well?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No I did it myself. There are a few steps but it’s super easy if you’re reasonably tech savvy.
You create an account with Ford Performance.

Then log in, put in your voucher code and that lets you download the Procal 4. Plug in tuner to USB port and let it update.

Take the tuner to your Bronco, plug into OBD2 port. It will let you back up your factory tune.

Back to your computer, plug in tuner and it will upload your tune to Ford. Once that’s done you’ll get a pop up prompt to log into your Ford Performance account with name password and voucher ID. Once you put that in, your performance calibration will download to the tuner.

Back to your Bronco. Plug in, key on but don’t start engine. You’ll load tune. Be aware you’ll get a bunch of lights and dings then silence. Nothing at all for like 3-5 minutes. Everything goes dark except time of day on dash. If not for progress bar on tuner you wouldn’t know anything is happening.

after 3-5 minutes the download is complete and it’ll wake up and say key off for 3 seconds. You’re done.

Super easy and no reason to pay Ford unless you’re uncomfortable with tech stuff. I’m a computer guy in real life so I might be a bit biased but seemed very straightforward to me.

Sounds simple enough for a guy like me who still rocks a flip phone.

How about making changes not related to the actual tune. I'll be changing tires size, gear ratio, FAD delete, etc. Are all those abilities to change already loaded on the tuner, or do you need to make those changes on the computer each time and download to the tuner prior to install? Is there a fairly easy menu that has all the possible changes you can make that are not part of the initial tune?

ChrisH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates on when it will be CARB legal in California? Would it be possible to have it installed in a different state to keep the warranty? @LethalPerformance

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any updates on this for California?
DITTO!

Seems odd that CARB approved for 2021 yet not for 22/23? Is anyone working on this?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nothing new yet. I will reach out today for an update and reply once I get a response.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are folks paying to have it installed (outside of purchase)? 💸 🤔

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And this, go back many months and vendors were saying its weeks away. Ford Performance will tell you no date. Nobody has a clue.

What’s confirmed is this straight from the CA ARB:

Hello,

Aftermarket, performance, and add-on partsexemption application information is business confidential. We are prohibited from releasing any information about possible aftermarket part applications or if we have any specific one or when one will be issued. Any aftermarket part device application will have it’s EO posted on the Aftermarket Performance part website by EO number when it has been signed by the Executive officer or his designated representative. Then and only then does any part of any application become public information.

Aftermarket products can be looked up by EO number here https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/applications/aftermarket-parts-database. We’re not certain on the time frame, but you may inquire with the manufacturer of the product directly for a timeline of when they’re products may complete certification.

Sponsored

LPBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Kreig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you plan on upgrading the air intake, exhaust, and maybe intercooler on the Bronco, should you wait to run this tune, or no reason to wait as tune is unaware of the upgrades?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you plan on upgrading the air intake, exhaust, and maybe intercooler on the Bronco, should you wait to run this tune, or no reason to wait as tune is unaware of the upgrades?
No need to wait. Those upgrades will enhance the tune. I had some things, and added others after I did my tune. All combine makes for a very fun drive.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just in from Ford Performance.
"The issue that was affecting 23MY 2.7L Broncos and the FPP Calibration, in early July, has now been resolved."

So for any of you 2023 owners who were experiencing issues with your Procal device and cal should be good to go now.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just in from Ford Performance.
"The issue that was affecting 23MY 2.7L Broncos and the FPP Calibration, in early July, has now been resolved."

So for any of you 2023 owners who were experiencing issues with your Procal device and cal should be good to go now.

Do you have any tuners in stock for 2.7?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you have any tuners in stock for 2.7?
Indeed we do. I'm showing 62 of them on the shelf at the moment. Same day shipping is available as well.

Thanks!
Sponsored