Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Awesome, just ordered 👍🏻
Thanks for your business!! We really appreciate it. Please make sure to leave a review in here once you receive and install it.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just in from Ford Performance.
"The issue that was affecting 23MY 2.7L Broncos and the FPP Calibration, in early July, has now been resolved."

So for any of you 2023 owners who were experiencing issues with your Procal device and cal should be good to go now.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.
Can confirm.

Loaded/installed mine today. It's been sitting in the bronco waiting for the fix. Thanks for posting this. I had it loaded/test driven within 30 mins of reading this.

Didn't really notice a difference at all, other than a mild difference I'm shifting, and auto start/stop button stays where you previously set it.

Other than that, no or negligible performance increase...

20230719_204052.jpg

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can confirm.

Loaded/installed mine today. It's been sitting in the bronco waiting for the fix. Thanks for posting this. I had it loaded/test driven within 30 mins of reading this.

Didn't really notice a difference at all, other than a mild difference I'm shifting, and auto start/stop button stays where you previously set it.

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review 20230719_204052
Can you post the version from your device, found under Device Info, the version # and the build found after “FORD:”

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can confirm.

Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review 20230719_204052
It does take some driving time to fully learn...installed mine about 2 months ago or so and there is definite noticeable difference...I've been running nothing but 93 octane before and after tune so I wasn't expecting much and I didn't pick this tune for the power increase...just wanted better shifting...now I'm guessing I have about 1000 miles or so on this tune and I can definitely feel the extra power on takeoff and even more so in the mid range....also now I'm averaging about an extra 1.7 mpgs

Sponsored

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No I did it myself. There are a few steps but it’s super easy if you’re reasonably tech savvy.
You create an account with Ford Performance.

Then log in, put in your voucher code and that lets you download the Procal 4. Plug in tuner to USB port and let it update.

Take the tuner to your Bronco, plug into OBD2 port. It will let you back up your factory tune.

Back to your computer, plug in tuner and it will upload your tune to Ford. Once that’s done you’ll get a pop up prompt to log into your Ford Performance account with name password and voucher ID. Once you put that in, your performance calibration will download to the tuner.

Back to your Bronco. Plug in, key on but don’t start engine. You’ll load tune. Be aware you’ll get a bunch of lights and dings then silence. Nothing at all for like 3-5 minutes. Everything goes dark except time of day on dash. If not for progress bar on tuner you wouldn’t know anything is happening.

after 3-5 minutes the download is complete and it’ll wake up and say key off for 3 seconds. You’re done.

Super easy and no reason to pay Ford unless you’re uncomfortable with tech stuff. I’m a computer guy in real life so I might be a bit biased but seemed very straightforward to me.
Is a PC required or can it be done on a Mac?

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It does take some driving time to fully learn...installed mine about 2 months ago or so and there is definite noticeable difference...I've been running nothing but 93 octane before and after tune so I wasn't expecting much and I didn't pick this tune for the power increase...just wanted better shifting...now I'm guessing I have about 1000 miles or so on this tune and I can definitely feel the extra power on takeoff and even more so in the mid range....also now I'm averaging about an extra 1.7 mpgs
That makes sense and is awesome news. So far I haven't driven it much and could only find 91 octane. I will say it shifts better, and I was kind of asleep on the drive in to work this morning, but it did feel a little quicker. Between the ASS staying off and the smoother shifts I'm already satisfied. If the MPGs go up too, I'll be impressed.

Machz963

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 C8 Corvette, '22 Sasquatch 2.7tt, '08 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the ford performance tune on my 2.7 Wildtrak today. Very easy and quick process if you have a PC. All good things so far:
  • No longer have to press the auto start/stop button every time you start your car. It will stay in the setting you change it to, without the powering of the vehicle on/off effecting it.
  • The tune is great, most noticeable is the low end torque gain
  • The boost increased about +3 to over 20 psi, achieved much quicker in early acceleration
  • Shifting feels more sport oriented while remaining smooth and not jerky.
I’ve only ever used 91 Octane and will continue to with tune. Let me know if I can answer any questions.
This IS what it does. Nicely said.

Glenjafett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any need to leave the FP/Procal box connected? Is there benefit or does it just look cool/attract attention?

I know you can unplug it, I'm just asking is there a reason to leave it plugged in.

Sponsored

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t tell if I got mislabeled gas or somehow I suddenly got used to everything but after yesterday it feels like everything is back to stock programming.

anybody else have a similar experience? I surely don’t think it can revert on its own or from an over-air update but I was certain I was getting more wheel spin and thrills in normal mode earlier this week.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We're working on some images at the moment for the big announcement but I wanted to let everyone here know that the Ford Performance Procal 4 with calibration is now CARB approved for 2022-2033 model year Broncos. Thanks for being so patient regarding this.
If you'd like to order up a device we have them in stock and you can purchase one from the link below.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html
m-12655-f_2.jpg

Logan@Lethal

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is the formal announcement picture!
Ford Bronco Post your 2.7L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review fp cal carb approved bronco
Sponsored