Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally called the bronco number for the first time today instead of calling my fleet manager... Give him a rest for a couple days. Lol The very nice Bronco lady looked at my vin and told me my tenth date change was a favorable one. Moved back up to Aug. 2 from Aug 16. Originally started at June 14. Badlands 🌵 2.7, mic, high package, no tow and optional wheels.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's always been a MIC top order.
That seems strange - especially a 7/15 date. I would be checking into that one.

Stotts

Black Diamond
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
Any idea how these production shutdowns will impact those of us who have builds scheduled this week? Wonder if they will still work through shipments to dealers, even if production is at a standstill….

00DF314A-A757-449C-8362-0BBD85FCCE6C.png

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any idea how these production shutdowns will impact those of us who have builds scheduled this week? Wonder if they will still work through shipments to dealers, even if production is at a standstill….

Ford Bronco Production update: As shutdown weeks loom, MAP hits its stride. Early 2 door reservation holders should hear something soon 00DF314A-A757-449C-8362-0BBD85FCCE6C
Lot work, maintenance, and shipping will continue as normal.

Sponsored

Bshaw386

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If we already have a VIN assigned but our date has gotten moved a ton of times (exact dates in signature), is there a chance that we get leapfrogged by enough people to miss out on our dealer's allocations?

I'm hoping that with a 2021 VIN assigned that that guarantees me a slot even with all of these changes. Or do you think there's a chance I slowly get bumped back to 2022?

Dude I’m wonder the exact same thing. I have gone from 6/14 all the way to 8/23 now. And we have VINs so we can change tops or anything. I’m new to this so I don’t even understand why we are sliding. You would think if they schedule it that means they have the parts to build it. Me personally I’m on my 5th given build week so I have no clue what to do

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
Thank you for the great info, particularly regarding the 2-door.

Man I hope a 7/15 res is early enough

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got that same email! I'm hoping for good news in the coming weeks! 7/14 res here
Hope springs eternal to use a cliche. I hope you get a build date, take delivery and love that machine while making some memories.

If I get the mythical email within the next 6 months, I’ll be happy as all get out.

Wishing you good fortune! ;)

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a 2 door perspective owner, this thread gives me hope!

I purposely rode the 'back of the pack' to get a build in the winter. I used Ford's guidance to do a 7/16 res with a 5/8 order. After reading everything leading up to this thread, I thought I'm more like a summer 2022 build. Now I have a small amount of hope.

PREMiERdrum, Thanks for keeping us all informed! I joined the forum to converse with others in similar situations, never expecting to get so much 'inside' perspective of the process. What a gem for this forum!

Sponsored

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My early morning on 7/14 , 2 door OB has a tow package :oops: as well as bumping against my dealers allocation . I'm 62 out of 65 but they have a lot of folks ahead of me that may not want a soft top 4 door. Like you guys keep saying..... there's hope!

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My early morning on 7/14 , 2 door OB has a tow package :oops: as well as bumping against my dealers allocation . I'm 62 out of 65 but they have a lot of folks ahead of me that may not want a soft top 4 door. Like you guys keep saying..... there's hope!
Is this real? You have a super early res and you're behind 61 people at your dealership? Wow! Are they offering an extreme incentive to attract buyers, or are you just that unlucky?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I deleted tow package 2 days ago (the only deadly sin I would give up) and for some reason I think maybe we 2-dr day one and day two reservation holders are gonna get the email in the next couple of weeks 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
I thought I had deleted my tow pkg a couple months ago when word started circulating that it was an issue. When my sales rep was going over my order after I added roof rails last weekend, the tow pkg was still on there. He had told me twice it had been removed.

With all the other deadly sins I have I doubt that’s what’s been holding up my build, but I was irritated none the less. He told me they received an email saying the tow pkg was no longer a constrained item, but I told him to remove it anyways. That’s the only thing I was willing to give up as well.

Last edited:

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I had deleted my tow pkg a couple months ago when word started circulating that it was an issue. When my sales rep was going over my order after I added roof rails last weekend, the tow pkg was still on there. He had told me twice it had been removed.

With all the other deadly sins I have I doubt that’s what’s been holding up my build, but I was irritated none the less. He told me they received an email saying tow the pkg was no longer a constrained item, but I told him to remove it anyways. That’s the only thing I was willing to give up as well.
That's good. I want to keep the tow package for my 2 door

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a build date too of 7/26, I haven’t heard anything.
Had same date and called dealer once i heard about shutdown. I was bumped to 8/16. My guess, depending on your model, is you have or will too. He didn’t seem concerned as it was a logical 2 week move given 2 weeks of shutdown but we’ll see. For reference BL, squatch, 2.7L, 4dr, MIC (I haven’t budged on the top, riding it out since it seems too fluid everyday with flip flopping on what’ll get built when). Good luck.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.