First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read a lot about how SAS setup/tires are perfect for rock crawling and sand but how will it hold up in the Northeast winter trails? Downed trees, snow slushing into mud etc. Thanks for the input!
Lockers, lift, tires. Great for any terrain but a indycar racetrack.
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35’s without sway bar disconnect
Or
33” with sway bar disconnect?

Six of one, 1/2 dozen of the other?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read a lot about how SAS setup/tires are perfect for rock crawling and sand but how will it hold up in the Northeast winter trails? Downed trees, snow slushing into mud etc. Thanks for the input!
You just described the other perfect scenario for Squatch!
My ony concern with bigger tires is hitting the thicker road slush at speed , it can throw you around A LOT.
I can't think of situation off road where smaller tires would be better???

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35’s without sway bar disconnect
Or
33” with sway bar disconnect?

Six of one, 1/2 dozen of the other?
I'm debating the same thing.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thinking of skipping Squatch and getting the optional wheels, possibly adding A/T 35s later. I know the wheel itself can accommodate them but does anyone know if these KO2 35s (34.4) will fit on a non-Squatched BL without rubbing when turning? Seeing as true 35s fit on the Overland Build, I don't think they will look too stuffed.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=17SR7KO2V2&i1_Qty=5&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Bronco&autoYear=2021&autoModClar=Badlands, Sasquatch Pkg&vehicleSearch=true#RatingsReviews
This thread can help you out on your consideration of adding 35s to the optional Badlands wheel.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-for-optional-badlands-wheel-55-offset.9585/

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if I were going to MOAB or Canyonands wheeling, how upset would I be with the unsquatched BD? Would I be frustrated at all? Maybe the unsquatched Bronco is totally a fun rig.. Maybe a lift and 32s could get me 90% of the way there.
My 2 cents - First, a BD non Sasquatch is a great rig and like others said, will get you most places. But to answer your question, it depends on what type of trails you think you may want to run. The non Squatch BD will do fine on all easy and Moderate trails but if you want to do more than that, you will likely need to add bigger tires, a little more clearance and in some cases a front locker. On a number of Moab trails, the 32s would be fine for much of the trail but On a number of the great trails in Moab and elsewhere, there are like 1 or 2 obstacles (with no bypass)which having the Sas setup would make it much easier and get you over/through very easily. Without a Sas type setup on those obstacles, you might have to turn back there or park and ride in someone else’s rig beyond that obstacle. But, what’s nice w the BD is you can add these mods if you want in the future - so get what you want and then mod based on what you want to do with the rig. Modding your rig will be fun and addictive.

Having run Moab, a lot of Colorado and also the Rubicon trail on 35s and a 2.5” lifted Rubicon (w F&R lockers and sway bar disco, skids and rock rails), I’ve learned you can pretty much run almost anything with that set up, except for the most extreme. I know for sure I’ll be doing some moderate + trails with my Bronco so I’m getting squatch to save me some work, although I’m sure I’ll even add mods to what I get from the factory.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's terrific insight. Thank you - I'm leaning unsquatched BD as my "preferred" build and squatched base as my "budget build". Tough calls but money is an important consideration. Comfort in a DD is probably worth more (practically) to me than having a pre-built crawler on my hands. Though, my 5yr plan includes a move to CO, so I dream! This is the sort of feedback I was hoping for!

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer as much distance from the ground as I can get, without hurting the on-road characteristics:

My college beater Acura Integra got high-centered in 5" of packed snow.

My stock GM/grandpa work truck dropped to the front frame/bumper when crossing a frozen tire rut only 8"-10" deep

My mildly lifted Tacoma started packing snow under the frame when crossing a 100'-long / 3'-deep snow drift on my way to work. Had to back out.

Considering the locations I drive, and other obstacles that need to be driven over or circumvented (downed trees as mentioned above), the more clearance I can get, the better. As long as I am waiting for mansquatch, I may end up with the 2" lift and 37s.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've been strugglebussing on the right rig for myself. To me it boils down to the USE case of the Bronco with sasquatch. In particular the BD trim.
Let's start with your answer to this question.
Sponsored