First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am curious, anyone have car manufacturing management experience?

What would be the most optimal production schedule? I assume plan to assemble highest trims first until inventory is low. You can space for everything then begin to remove things from production. Plus higher trims = more money, good business. I assume you'd also take into consideration order routes. It would be efficient to make a whole bunch of the same trim / build, stack them all onto a truck and ship them down a straight line dealer to dealer. Might be awhile until Cali gets their base models. Unless they use train? I honestly have no idea about transporting new cars across nation.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Current blend will produce 600 Broncos per shift on two shifts M-F, with Saturdays available at a pace of two on, one off.... once they are up to speed.
No, it is 550-600 vehicles per shift, 2 shits a day. That total includes Ranger, estimated 20-25% Ranger currently.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am curious, anyone have car manufacturing management experience?

What would be the most optimal production schedule? I assume plan to assemble highest trims first until inventory is low. You can space for everything then begin to remove things from production. Plus higher trims = more money, good business. I assume you'd also take into consideration order routes. It would be efficient to make a whole bunch of the same trim / build, stack them all onto a truck and ship them down a straight line dealer to dealer. Might be awhile until Cali gets their base models. Unless they use train? I honestly have no idea about transporting new cars across nation.
you’re heavily bottle necked by what suppliers can supply what part at what frequency with what % defects.

I was part of a team that paid for helicopters to bring fucking carpets to the assembly line before

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, it is 550-600 vehicles per shift, 2 shits a day. That total includes Ranger, estimated 20-25% Ranger currently.
With that many shits, no work will get done!! :)

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

that doesn’t sound too terrible for some of the folks who reserved within the first day or two right? given that MAYBE 60% of roughly 165k(who knows what the number is at now) will actually be converted to an actual order
Ya, close to 5,000 Broncos a week is a pretty good number. Question is how long will it take to get there. Ive spoken with a few factory workers at MAP and got a few different answers. It will not be quick though. They may only produce 1,000 Broncos the first month.

Sponsored

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone is acting like they will get the first Bronco off the line lol. Don't forget it will be a slow ramp-up to max production, and when they get there it will be about 750-800 Bronco's a day max, 6 days a week, thats about 4,800 produced a week, MAX. How long is it going to take to ramp-up? Hopefully not too long, but we all need to prepare for the long wait we are in for.
My reservation number according to this site is well ahead of 4,800. I expect mine to be in my driveway on day 2. Thanks.

Erasmus

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
plus they sometimes have a hold to sell , if they are having some production issue that they need to to do post prod work.

OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

according to this site our number is within the first 2k so april 1st here we come;)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 shits a day while at work is impressive.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it’s worth and it might not be worth much. A guy I know said he ordered his 2020 Challenger and it was delivered to his house in 3 weeks. I was shocked.

Sponsored

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you’re heavily bottle necked by what suppliers can supply what part at what frequency with what % defects.

I was part of a team that paid for helicopters to bring fucking carpets to the assembly line before
That is insane. I have a friend that works in supplier quality, Ive heard plenty of nightmare tales of non-conformance issues. Never heard of needing to helicopter in parts to keep production going. >_<

I'll leave the details to the experts and just make sure my check is ready on delivery.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind this document’s last revision date appears to have been August 4th. We do not know if it is the latest revision. Could be an old document with inaccurate dates.
Sponsored