Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How about they just honestly communicate what is happening. I think that would be enough.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So Ford is creating a vehicle we have begged for for years. A vehicle that is just all about fun. Its fits 35 on the base models even. It is a gift. Sure they could build crap like yotas or others. But they invested millions to build us this amazing vehicle. But we have a oandemic and a fucked in the ass economy and yes a generation both doing the work and running the world, that will never be remembered as "the greatest generation".

Knowing all this. Us well off capable people are asking what Ford a century old company can do for us to make this horrible year with 600,000 needless deaths right?

Really? Perhaps we should be doing what our fathers fathers would have been doing and asked how we could help. Many have you see them on here everyday. Vendors, builders, creators. Making things for your Broncos so you can have the best experience possible buying a car. Thay have been working with Ford for a couple years or longer now. To help make the Bronco a success. Yes they are going to make their own buisness out of it. But that is the American spirit at its heart. That is pono. That is Aloha. So while we sit around with our wallets full( you know it is even if you already paid in full) and our asses comfy, ask yourselves this....

What have you done for your Bronco lately?

Disclaimer this comment exludes the Michigander who's engine exploded last week after the dunes. Sorry Ford does owe you.

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eliminate the 6 month in-service requirement for FCTP mannequins with the following stipulations:
  • They must be offered first to dealer's reservation holders.
  • They are capped at MSRP and discounted $1 for each mile that has been driven since delivery.
  • If no dealer reservation holders accept the mannequins in lieu of their existing order, then they are offered to existing reservation holders before the general public.
It wouldn't solve a large number of orders, but at least it would lessen the sting of seeing a similar build sitting on a dealer's lot while a reservation holder can't get theirs built.

Ford can then replace the dealer mannequins with builds made in the first week of December before the MY changeover. While everyone wants their Bronco, I presume there isn't a large demand to have a MY'21 Bronco built in December delivered in CY'22.
That math doesn't work out on things like this. Putting a minor dent (<1%) in the production backlog at the expense of an incredibly useful tool for people to experience a Bronco in person, including reservation holders is a major net negative overall. I guess it kind of works if you are one of the 1% that get one of the mannequins, but everyone else is negatively impacted.

People need to stop freaking out so much about production delays. You will all get a chance to buy a vehicle. Building a car is hard.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really hope youā€™re wrong about the Xplan cause Iā€™m about ready to sell my stocks šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Hell I pulled mine out months ago when we were told it's coming. Been so long now (and lost returns) I'm thinking of putting in back in the market.....or buy a Rubicon.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Communication. Honest, factual, and timely communication.
Agreed. I don't need to know the day, week, or month of delivery but which quarter would be nice.
No matter how bad or long the wait will be so folks could make plans.

Sponsored

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Communication. Honest, factual, and timely communication.
This is it! Rather than guessing on production dates or getting inside tips from people on whatā€™s going on, Ford should be out in front of all of this and give an update. Level with us. Itā€™s not too much to ask! Iā€™m starting to think, Ford is to blame for more issues than not. Itā€™s not easy to point the finger at yourself. I donā€™t think a monthly update is a crazy notion. Iā€™ll take 0% financing please!

OP
OP

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Or...

option a: Get the vinyl soft top and keep your MIC top order, and get it when they figure it out. They can opt to charge for the headliner again. $0-500 add option.

option b: Forgo MIC hard top, get the twill bestop $0-500 credit

option c: Forgo MIC hard top, get the vinyl bestop $1000-1500 credit
I would settle for the Best Top, but I canā€™t talk myself into buying a second $2,300 soft top when I donā€™t particularly want one
That math doesn't work out on things like this. Putting a minor dent (<1%) in the production backlog at the expense of an incredibly useful tool for people to experience a Bronco in person, including reservation holders is a major net negative overall. I guess it kind of works if you are one of the 1% that get one of the mannequins, but everyone else is negatively impacted.
closer to 3% of the backlog would be solved by early sales of the demo units, assuming they were sold to order holders. Thatā€™s not insignificant.
I was asking for thoughts and ideas. Iā€™m not saying Ford owes anybody anything or demanding anything. Just for ideas. If Ford wanted to be proactive about doing as much as possible it would likely be a lot of smaller things like selling demos in October rather than January and allowing the BestTop soft top to be optioned as the only soft top.
but to address your point, if 3% of backlog gets cleared it helps everyone else get their car sooner.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what can Ford offer to make up? One extra Summer in my life to replace the one they put me in limbo with their deliberate obfuscation of the situation. What is that worth to a person?

edit; I would settle, although I am not in this particular boat, for Ford to reimburse for all existing non-refundable deposits to dealers if someone decides to bail for any reason. Their withholding of the full truth has trapped many thousands of people into waiting or losing money if they need a vehicle for transportation because Ford didn't want to look bad.

Last edited:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe provide rough schedule as to when orders will be built. Provide us at least an estimate- for instance I have a 7/14 reservation- heard nothing- do the delays mean December 2021, January, February, March, etc, next year? Some of us have vehicles on last legs and trying to wait this out. They could do a worst case schedule and if they deliver a a month ahead of that- that would be good. Under promise, over deliver. Or keep us posted if the date is going to shift- either way. In the business world there are always lead times- they might be too long- at least we know what they are for most products bought. Why should this be any different?

And they are already holding price and I read someone suggest 0% financing (at sticker, no ADM)- that would be a good incentive too for us reservation holders who have been waiting so long.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe provide rough schedule as to when orders will be built. Provide us at least an estimate- for instance I have a 7/14 reservation- heard nothing- do the delays mean December 2021, January, February, March, etc, next year? Some of us have vehicles on last legs and trying to wait this out. They could do a worst case schedule and if they deliver a a month ahead of that- that would be good. Under promise, over deliver. Or keep us posted if the date is going to shift- either way. In the business world there are always lead times- they might be too long- at least we know what they are for most products bought. Why should this be any different?

And they are already holding price and I read someone suggest 0% financing (at sticker, no ADM)- that would be a good incentive too for us reservation holders who have been waiting so long.
Is there anyone that believes the promised points for giving up the Mod top are going to materialize without some disclaimer, or that the 'price protection' won't have an inflation adjustment or a $500 increase in delivery fees?

Ford is not following through on anything they promised with on this launch. Every milestone delayed or discarded (May updates for everyone!) Ford already promised you what you are asking for, they said it was too hard to do in the May email. At least ask for something that they didn't already owe us as compensation for the stuff they promised/owe us and reneged upon.

I will wait until the bitter end just because I long ago paid and forgot the C-note I spent, I don't need another vehicle (I rotate three as it is now) so I have no need to move on, the delays are comical to me for months and months now. I get that for many they are not; vehicles on last legs, trapped by non-refundable deposits, etc. For many folks, this is seriously disrupting their lives and Ford mocks them by playing cutesy games with emails (which I now dub the "Blamedemic Bulletin") and more likely empty promises. They should be ashamed and have trouble sleeping at night.

Sponsored

Kahless01

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Truimph Thunderbird Storm
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Send alcohol instead of posters and stickers - We arenā€™t children.
wouldnt work in texas. its illegal to ship whiskey here. we cant even buy more than 2 bottles a month from distilleries. business friendly indeed.

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was a prefect storm of events that lead to all the delays, new model, covid, chip shortages. I don't think you can truly hold Ford responsible for the situation. Yes communication could have been better, but at the same time, even they didn't know the "when", so what are they going to say?

All manufactures have been affected, but the Bronco more than most because everything was new, and there was no back-stock of parts yet to fill in the gaps.

Had they done the smart thing and held off on the release, everyone would be on them about that, so they really are in a no win.

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I think we are all a bit down about how this is rolling out. Iā€™m not looking to point fingers or complain about this or that, there are plenty of threads for that. What Iā€™m wondering is what could Ford do to ease our suffering? What plausible or reasonable offering of gratitude could they make towards making things ā€œrightā€ that wouldnā€™t get them flamed for trying?
They have tried a couple of hundred thousand Ford points, they threw in free headliners and they reluctantly added the connectors for the hard top. What could be next?

My 1st thought would be X-Plan for all pre 3/2021 orders. Some manufacturers do free oil changes or maintenance for a bit which wouldnā€™t be terrible either.

*Iā€™m not saying they will do anything, Iā€™m also not saying they have to do anything. Iā€™m only asking if there would be something they could do to dissolve some the the ill will.
X plan and a 100% free Rodeo WITH a friend. To have to pay and get reimbursed is crazy! 0% finance would be sweet.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I think we are all a bit down about how this is rolling out. Iā€™m not looking to point fingers or complain about this or that, there are plenty of threads for that. What Iā€™m wondering is what could Ford do to ease our suffering? What plausible or reasonable offering of gratitude could they make towards making things ā€œrightā€ that wouldnā€™t get them flamed for trying?
They have tried a couple of hundred thousand Ford points, they threw in free headliners and they reluctantly added the connectors for the hard top. What could be next?

My 1st thought would be X-Plan for all pre 3/2021 orders. Some manufacturers do free oil changes or maintenance for a bit which wouldnā€™t be terrible either.

*Iā€™m not saying they will do anything, Iā€™m also not saying they have to do anything. Iā€™m only asking if there would be something they could do to dissolve some the the ill will.
Honestly, no. Whatever they do there will be a subset that will start the flames. That's just society.

It has been a hard, unfortunate roll-out. IMO the ill will starts dissolving as soon as we drive ours off the lot. Throw in a set of floor liners and I'll be good.
I really do think that Ford way underestimated the response they would get for the return of Bronco. When we showed up and reserved maybe 2 or 3 times what they had already planned and engineered to build, I can find a little more patience for Ford and it's attempt to meet that overwhelming demand. Granted, I work for the company, but working inside the walls of these manufacturing facilities does give me a very different view of the complexities of trying to launch a new vehicle, and while I don't give them "pass" per se, I do try to be understanding and resist the urges to assign blame when it really is sometimes just, bad luck. Move on.

Last edited:

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Realistically, what do I want?

Ford to re-assess it's public-facing communications. Their current actions aren't just tone deaf - they're almost at full tilt Fyre Fest right now.

Stop marketing this thing with their current strategy. When you're the hold-up, you don't brag about how awesome things are going to be once you finally start delivering.

When the roll-out has been this disastrous, it's time to go from pure promotion to a bit of damage control. You can still do that by putting out positive types of content. We don't need full transparency of exactly what's wrong with Webasto's top, or get into the guts about the supply chain problems with the rest of the constraints. We don't need you to go on the full defensive.

Just switch the non-stop bragging and promising of experiences you're going to deliver. We want to see progress, and progress means production. So how can they pivot, particularly in their online & social media strategy? Pivot to production documentation. Give us a tease about what's coming, but from the framework of how it's being made.

* Timelapse videos of the plant assembling these things.
* Glamor before & after of pre-paint and post-paint.
* Stockpiles of parts waiting to be installed.
* Interior shots of just the frame being assembled.
* Detail focus photos on the things that make Bronco different.
* Engines being dropped into chasses.
* Action photos of our MAP workers welding shit together.
* Labcoat scientists in a whiteroom doing an autopsy of a bad MIC top (maybe this one's a bit too cheeky)
Sponsored