Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had good and bad experiences upgrading systems in cars -

My first MINI S had the premium Harmon Kardon system - I replaced it with an Alpine system and upgraded the speakers - after a few months, I realized I made a wrong decision, could never get happy with the EQ.

My current car 2012 Mustang GT with the Shaker 500. I hated the stock system and I mean hated the system. Replaced it with a Kenwood w/touchscreen - and I replaced the whole center console - a great decision.

I'm going OBX and will either go High or Lux — I'm going to have to hear a B/O system before I pull the trigger.
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok I see your point....I still plan to get the LUX package because I see the value of the B&O wiring/speaker placement etc.... but are you suggesting that the speakers that come with the package could be swapped out for “much” better sounding ones?
Yes, except the sub. It gets much more expensive to upgrade that. Aftermarket speakers can act as several speakers in one package. For instance, 4 standard speaker locations can actually act as 8 individual speakers. Google 2 and 3 way speakers. The key is to match the speakers rated power to the radio or amplifiers power output.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There wont be cut outs for the additional speaker locations if you don't get the lux, but trust me when i say you can get a bad ass sound system just by swapping the base 6 speakers with high quality ones for a fraction of the price. Now if you want a sub you can add one but it will prob take up space vs the built in B&O one.
Do we know where they Sub is located? Would we not be able to put an aftermarket in the same spot? I've had an amp and a 10" box sitting in my office for close to 10 years now from the last car I pulled it out of. My days of rattling my license plate are over I guess :)

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do we know where they Sub is located? Would we not be able to put an aftermarket in the same spot? I've had an amp and a 10" box sitting in my office for close to 10 years now from the last car I pulled it out of. My days of rattling my license plate are over I guess :)
I think the sub was tentatively located in the back. Regardless of how well built i. It is, the enclosure is still going to take up space.

I agree with other though. The B&O system will be better than the stock, but won't be nearly as good as what you can get aftermarket for a fraction of the cost.

I'll do aftermarket upgrades for sure, but won't do the B&O now. I dony need truck rattling bass, but when my wife or co-worker unleashes on me over Bluetooth, I want to hear their rage in full quality.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In a way, I'm sort of Glad they put in the LUX (if it was not going to be a Stand Alone). I never even expected to be able to buy the High Package and get that cool 360 camera thing until I saw it was only 1,300 more than Mid (must have).

If they tossed the B&O into say the High.. it would cost more and then I'd have to collect a crap more beer/soda cans.

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't surprised Ford did not make B&O a stand-alone option. Car companies make much more money when they bundle options into packages.

Same reason Homelink isn't available by itself. That's one option I really wanted because otherwise I'd need to have three remotes clipped to my visor to get into my community and garage. Ugh.

Still don't think I will pay $6k for the LUX pkg though.
That is cheaper than Lux Package:
https://smile.amazon.com/HomeLink-60-HMLKV5BLK-Wireless-Control-Headliner/dp/B00A79G9FY

Plus price of a dremel if you don’t have one...

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We also don't know if the stock b&o system will be sealed off for water or not like jeeps Alpine system since the top comes off. If it is, and you want to do the same aftermarket, that will get expensive.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
anyone know the speaker sizes for the bronco? I have infinity reference 6x9's in my RAM currently and would love to swap them over to the bronco once i have it. I'll have the 6 speaker base system in the 2 door bronco. thanks in advance!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if any other vehicles from Ford (that are currently available) are optional with the B&O system? I'm curious to hear it. My 2016 Mustang has the Shaker 500 system in it, and I added a Rockford Fosgate powered 8" woofer box to the trunk - it's perfect for me - I'm curious how the B&O system performs compared to what I currently have.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was really hoping they'd offer some sort of "Electronics" or "Technology" package which included the bigger screen, B&O system and wireless charger. That's all I wanted.... well that and the heated steering wheel.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was really hoping they'd offer some sort of "Electronics" or "Technology" package which included the bigger screen, B&O system and wireless charger. That's all I wanted.... well that and the heated steering wheel.
With everything you want and adding the heated steering wheel, you're getting dangerously close to lux anyway ?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If all you want is a sound system, then it can be had for less money after market, but the Lux package has more to offer so you can't really think of it as a $2000 sound system. I was going to go with High on an OBX, but decided that the Lux package gave me what I wanted. Like anything else, each individual part of the package is not a great value by itself, but put it all together it is and of course convenience becomes a part of the deal too. Pricing, sourcing, and installing everything separately is a hassle. Plus you will have some dude cutting up your ride to install it all. :D

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

very back on the passenger side
Sponsored