Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good tip. Any suggestions in regards to aftermarket speakers?

$500 won't cut it, thats being SUPER generous and assuming you can do the work yourself. I only know JL and Focal are good but they can be pricey, i wasn't crazy about alpine speakers when I ran them in my honda.
Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Badlands model is the "mall crawler" version."

Badlands is def not the mall crawler version lol. That would be the Outerbanks and Wildtrack trims with the flashy painted body panels and top when available.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can add $500 in aftermarket speakers to stock system and it will blow the B&O away. Not being negative, but every B&O Ford I've heard is terrible. Full disclosure, my wife wants Lux and I also am preparing to have to throw the B&O in the garbage and put quality stuff in.

In no way shape or form is this true. Stop spreading misinformation! The B&O might not be good (in Ford vehicles), but you're not getting shit for $500. That barely covers a good amp. Barely.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming the speakers are waterproof or at least water resistant? Especially those mounted up on the rollover bar.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll be in the camp of upgrading the base level speakers. I've never actually done that before so will be paying attention to threads like this one over the next year.

Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was in the upgrade the standard system camp when I was planning on ordering 2 door base model. I've since I have decided to go OBX 4 door and dump my Audi Q5. The B&O in the Audi is very good; in fact I told my wife yesterday I hope the Bronco can come close to it. Don't play around with car audio that much, but I build and modify my home stuff which is equal to a couple of Broncos. Focal is making some plug and play speakers for Ford's, about $320/pair. Focal IC 165. Probably go that way if B&O isn't cutting it.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I obviously have no idea what a good quality speaker looks like on the inside :LOL: but i'm def an audiophile. It's really hard for me to enjoy music now if its not well balanced and crisp. Worst case scenario ill have 10 speakers i can swap out instead of 6 for an even better aftermarket system! RIP my wallet
I'm with you. The wife wants the wireless charger and heated wheel (although we live in San Diego...) so i'm getting the Lux but the B&O will probably be removed fairly soon after purchase for something that sounds much better.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$500 won't cut it, thats being SUPER generous and assuming you can do the work yourself. I only know JL and Focal are good but they can be pricey, i wasn't crazy about alpine speakers when I ran them in my honda.
A tier down from FOCAL or JL but still a million times better than OEM "Premium" would be Rockford Fosgate, Polk Audio, Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood. Also realize that the biggest addition especially once you have aftermarket speakers is a quality amplifier and a subwoofer.

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm assuming the speakers are waterproof or at least water resistant? Especially those mounted up on the rollover bar.
I sincerely doubt they are using marine grade speakers. They just moved them up high in the dash and in the back.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if any other vehicles from Ford (that are currently available) are optional with the B&O system? I'm curious to hear it.
I test drove a Ranger Lariat a few weeks ago, just to see what the 2.3L Ecoboost was like. It happened to have the B&O system in it; perhaps trying it in that vehicle would provide you an opportunity to test in what might be a similar environment. I was not impressed with the B&O (I was impressed with the 2.3L though), but maybe that's because I was focused on testing the engine and because the salesman in the car talked incessantly (you know how they can be). I may actually go back to another dealership tomorrow to find another B&O equipped Ranger to spend a little more time testing to see how I feel about the B&O the second time around Honestly, I felt the Harmon Kardon in my current '14 Subie Forester XT was FAR superior. But, again, I may not have given the B&O enough of a test. Still, I'm leaning toward getting the lux because I've been spoiled by the froufrou amenities in my wife's Explorer (e.g. the adaptive cruise control -- which I also have in my Subie, and love; and the heated steering wheel).

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything other than Base is a mall crawler.
I rock crawl in my old age and my body has taken much abuse. I really don't want to get out and manually disconnect the sway bar if I don't need to. I also don't go to the mall ;) We are out there :)

Do we know what the sub will be like?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I test drove a Ranger Lariat a few weeks ago, just to see what the 2.3L Ecoboost was like. It happened to have the B&O system in it; perhaps trying it in that vehicle would provide you an opportunity to test in what might be a similar environment. I was not impressed with the B&O (I was impressed with the 2.3L though), but maybe that's because I was focused on testing the engine and because the salesman in the car talked incessantly (you know how they can be). I may actually go back to another dealership tomorrow to find another B&O equipped Ranger to spend a little more time testing to see how I feel about the B&O the second time around Honestly, I felt the Harmon Kardon in my current '14 Subie Forester XT was FAR superior. But, again, I may not have given the B&O enough of a test. Still, I'm leaning toward getting the lux because I've been spoiled by the froufrou amenities in my wife's Explorer (e.g. the adaptive cruise control -- which I also have in my Subie, and love; and the heated steering wheel).
I need to go check out the b&o
The upgraded Harman kardon in my 2011 kia used to bang until 1 of the speakers blew. Audio is important to me. Have a feeling ill try to upgrade the already upgraded speakers in the lux package...

Thats a personal problem
Sponsored