First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you take $$ out of the picture, not needing super high end suspension, 6112s ride well and give you more lift over the SAS.
It's probably 2x the cost, but also 2x the suspension.

Another option is to give myself some 6112's and let her have my Badlands suspension setup. I really wish we knew the actual spring rates, hell, I would settle for just knowing for sure which direction was soft vs stiffer.
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Standard 2.3 SAS setup.

Front shock MB3Z-18124-K
Front spring MB3Z-5310-N
Rear shock NB3Z-18125-C
Rear spring NB3Z-5560-E
hmmm, wonder how much lift and how these would perform on a 2 door Black Diamond? Interesting

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hmmm, wonder how much lift and how these would perform on a 2 door Black Diamond? Interesting
Probably about the same as they will on the OBX, so we will probably know sometime next month when I try it.

Mystery

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi All, newbie to 6G because I need some help understanding the shock upgrade situation.
and google brought me to this thread.

I have a 2.3L AT 4 door soft top with tow package that I just put on a set of Base Bronco SAS 2.7L AT 4 door Hardtop no tow package shock on.

On my ride home from the shop that did the install and alignment I was getting a lot of shimmy in the steering wheel. I don't have enough miles on it yet but can say that it seemed to come and go and at low speed (35 mph) as well as higher speed like 65mph. Would this be a side effect that you guys are warning about in the spring discussion?

I have the modular bumper, added aftermarket gas tank skid, a-arm skids, rear shock and rear control arm skids, rear diff skid, and am running a set of stock Bad lands wheels with the BFG KO2 tires.

I am grateful for any thoughts here as I thought SAS take offs would give me some improvement over stock hitachi shocks along with lift.
Happy to report that we are all good now. The culprit was a 6mm spacer that I had on each front wheel because a-arm skid plates I have on were scraping at full wheel lock out on the inside rim mounted wheel weights. Once the spacer was removed she drives like normal with no shimmy. My guess is that debris was behind behind the spacer on the reinstall after the shocks were replaced preventing a flush mount to the hub. So happy to report that the sasquatch shocks work well and give me that 1.10" lift.

tcraig808

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everything is the same for those 4 parts as far as I know.
So all you really need to have SAS suspension is the shocks and springs from a takeoff correct? What about the UCA are they the same as well?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So all you really need to have SAS suspension is the shocks and springs from a takeoff correct? What about the UCA are they the same as well?
As far as I know yes.

The UCA for the non-sasquatch Badlands is definitely the same, and I believe that it is for the Sasquatch package as well.

sweetjones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Believe I have seen videos showing 2" spacer lift fitting 37's fine on non sasquatch, but chart shows 3.1"?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Believe I have seen videos showing 2" spacer lift fitting 37's fine on non sasquatch, but chart shows 3.1"?
The charts are based on actual comparison of factory model dimensions. Real life usage may allow for less than calculated dimensions.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit for the 2 door came with:

Front springs, MB3C-5310-AND
Rear springs, MB3C-5534-ANC

Does anyone recognize those part numbers, if so what are they off of? I'm really just trying to think in terms of spring rate, these coilovers have fixed collars.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Asked this question in another thread but this is probably the better place formit.

Have a BD 4D 2.7, already running BL rims and tires (for those thay are asking, yes the 33 inch KO2s fit perfectly with no mods required).

Considering putting on BL SAS takeoffs coilovers. According to post #1 I can expect around 1 inch of lift. Have a few questions

1) it does not feel that the wheel wells with 33s in them will look too empty after a relatively modest 1 inch lift but wanted to get a second opinion.

2) Will on-road performance be meaningfully affected?

3) Will a I need to correct rake? If yes what is a good leveling kit for the purpose?

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably about the same as they will on the OBX, so we will probably know sometime next month when I try it.
Any update on your experiment?

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m trying to use this to determine what part numbers I need to Sasquatch my non-SAS 2.7 4-door Black Diamond. Is it saying that the shock and spring part numbers are all the same for 4 door Sasquatch? Cause I’m looking to buy takeoffs from someone with 2.3 4 door Sasquatch OBX and this chart doesn’t list info for a 4 door 2.3, only 2.7.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m trying to use this to determine what part numbers I need to Sasquatch my non-SAS 2.7 4-door Black Diamond. Is it saying that the shock and spring part numbers are all the same for 4 door Sasquatch? Cause I’m looking to buy takeoffs from someone with 2.3 4 door Sasquatch OBX and this chart doesn’t list info for a 4 door 2.3, only 2.7.
Calling Doctor @flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Calling Doctor @flip
I'll need a VIN. Even putting in the desired config in MicroCat it gives me the list of all springs. I can't recall any of our customers with 2.3 and SAS or I'd use their VIN.

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll need a VIN. Even putting in the desired config in MicroCat it gives me the list of all springs. I can't recall any of our customers with 2.3 and SAS or I'd use their VIN.
4 door 2.7 VIN: 1FMEE5DP5PLC06981

4 door 2.3 VIN: 1FMDE5DH5PLC18732
Sponsored