Sponsored

The Insanity is Over, How Much Longer Until Discounts Are Offered?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer I purchased my reservation/ ordered BL ( 2021 reservation)sold it to me at price protected sticker. This same dealer has routinely put a $5K ADM on cancelled orders. This month they had an Eruption Green two door BD with the $5K ADM. If one looks at the 2024 B&P the same BD on the lot now with the ADM comes in around the “ have to wait with fingers crossed “ 2024 version. True it is a 23, but if one is in it for the vehicle and not a flip then the “ one in hand is better then the one in the bush”.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price increase, ADM's, all of of this, across every major brand have been this way for years. I lived in the Mustang world before I came to Bronco land. The prices for the Mustang has always been a discussion for debates. Do not get me started on a Shelby. A 2020 Shelby is STILL fetching 90~100k+ to those who want to pay.

I do feel Bronco prices will come down, but with Jeep and Toyota driving the market as well, I do not think this will be anytime soon.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Flips” are a thing of the past; or at least very, very shortly. If you don’t believe it, I have a bridge I m looking to sell for a bargain price!! 😂

Patience Grasshoppers, Patience…..

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, My 2014 Shelby was bought at $1K under invoice along with 2 oil changes as I told the Sales Mgr I ve never paid full invoice (and typically 10-12% below inv) so it was a matter of principle to me.

As my blue collar Grandpa
( who lived with us) told me, “Any fool can make it, not many can keep it”! He was much wiser than this at the time 8 year old grandson knew.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I test drove my first '23 Bronco today, a 4 door wildtrak. My jaw about dropped when the sticker had a $25,000 dealer markup on it. When I remarked to the salesman about it he said "we used to sell 'em that way all day long", and then he promptly mentioned that he could "talk to his manager" to remove it completely.

They had 3 wildtraks on the lot, all of which were canceled orders. I wonder how much longer with 7%-10% auto loan rates until we will see $5k discounts on such high MSRPs?
I saw a 2023 badlands lux 2.7 with a soft top posted in one of the bronco fb groups this morning at $1,000 off sticker.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The badlands SAS high package I have is not even an option anymore as far as I can tell... carfaux keeps sending me emails for 64k buy back, jokes on them, the cam phaser already failed at 6k and it sounds like a tractor every morning! I have decided I am riding this ford crap the whistlingdeisel way and I will just buy a new one if this pony can pass the test... send it, for the jerry of the day! It's just a fun car, don't get fanboy on it... ford "quality" is not what it was.
What is this myth that Ford was ever quality?

Sgroll

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra 6spd, 2018 GTI, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
blame the consumer with too much money and not enough patience. ADM on a mass produced car should NEVER exist

I don't think we'll see discounts for about 2-3 years. With refresh coming for 2025MY definitely not before then unless it's to clear lots.
Could not agree more. If people would just say "NO!" we wouldn't be in this situation.

The same person that complains about a carton of milk going up 50 cents is the one that will pay $10k+ ADM for a car and think they got a deal.

Oh, and ANY dealers that have ADM (and nitrogen, "protection" packages, etc.) are pure garbage. Just walk away.

Ford Bronco The Insanity is Over, How Much Longer Until Discounts Are Offered? 1692282815767

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, My 2014 Shelby was bought at $1K under invoice along with 2 oil changes as I told the Sales Mgr I ve never paid full invoice (and typically 10-12% below inv) so it was a matter of principle to me.
10-12% below invoice or MSRP?

I, and several here, paid 1k under invoice for our Broncos so that I understand. But 10-12% below invoice on the average vehicle is ~5k...

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I placed an order yesterday at Autonation Ford in Scottsdale AZ for a 4-dr Heritage with auto, 2.7, robins egg blue & signature lighting. MSRP $56,100. This was a Z-Plan order so my cost is around $51K before taxes, etc. When the dealer sent me my order confirmation they had hand written on it Z-Plan + $1677.

The $1677 was for paint protection and the usual bullshit they try to pass along to all buyers. When I told them that I didn't want it, they said that they add that to all Bronco orders, including Plan orders. I have bought 8 cars from them in the last 10 years, and each time traded in the previous car they sold me. So they have profited twice on every vehicle they have sold me. They actually told me to pay it or go somewhere else. So I did. I cancelled the order and called my old dealership in Michigan and ordered one from there. No add ons and I will save on sales tax which will cover my shipping costs.

I don't think Ford allows ADM on plan orders, but do not want to waste my time fighting the dealer over it.

Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw someone with their Bronco @ Safeway and started a chat...

She said she just paid $2500 under MSRP at the Ford dealer in Roseville, CA. That surprised me because 18 months ago they were at $15,000 over MSRP for anything on the lot.

What she had was a 2023 4dr OBX.

Note: This is second-hand knowledge... but that Ford dealer probably got a big shipment... as they are a big Ford dealer.

But if I were in the market... I'd be wheeling and dealing with all the Ford dealers in a 50 mile radius. Don't get hooked by the "I'll see what my manager can do" bullshit.

How I deal with dealers... when you get the infamous "what would it take you to drive that Bronco off the lot today"... have a price you know they won't take, and go from there. But make sure you're dealing with the lowest dealer in the area before you start.

My 2 cents.

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Considering they have a few Wildtracks and Raptors with no markups sitting on local lots for weeks they should start offering some incentives.

Note: I am in Canada

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there's very little incentive for Ford to produce more Broncos. Remember ten years ago when investors were clamoring for auto companies to eliminate discounts and sell at MSRP? When prices were ~$25-30k? Between those two pinches, Ford won't build new ICE capacity and will take profit. When electric cars are scaled up, they're simpler to build, new facilities will be more efficient, consumers will be conditioned to higher prices. It's a good time to be an auto manufacturer if you can survive the build out.
Well, it's almost better for them to not offer discounts as it would help with depreciation. Look at Bronco...zero incentives and price has consistently risen every few months since launch. The value of our used Broncos has actually increased or stayed at MSRP prices the entire time. I know car market is dumb dumb right now but any other time I would have taken a few thousand dollar hit after a year of ownership and I'm sitting here could sell this thing for thousand over MSRP and SEVERAL thousands over what I paid(thanks SAC). At this rate I will have owned this thing for 4 years before it's depreciated to what I paid for it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I did. I cancelled the order and called my old dealership in Michigan and ordered one from there. No add ons and I will save on sales tax which will cover my shipping costs.
How are you saving on sales tax??