Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a follow-up I asked for clarification in writing and they stated that they are filing an "exception" for the $825 portion of the price protection (I believe this is the "Private Offer" portion that other folks have mentioned) and "if approved" Ford will send me a check in 4-6 weeks. Fairly dissapointing as it wasn't clear to me that this was something that needed to be approved.

Now I just have to hope I get this $825 back in a month or so...
How did you receive the rest of your price protection? Were you a res holder?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you receive the rest of your price protection? Were you a res holder?
The rest of it is retail price protection. The dealer provides that, Ford reimburses the dealer on the back end.

Private offers (the $825 portion) come directly from Ford, dealer is not involved in any way other than facilitating the transfer of funds.

So in @chartzilla case, Granger is doing their part by providing the retail price protection. But the Ford private offer part they cannot do since that’s on Ford to provide. The most they can do is report the vehicle sold and submit a case to Ford since the previous certificates expired and weren’t renewed.

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The rest of it is retail price protection. The dealer provides that, Ford reimburses the dealer on the back end.

Private offers (the $825 portion) come directly from Ford, dealer is not involved in any way other than facilitating the transfer of funds.

So in @chartzilla case, Granger is doing their part by providing the retail price protection. But the Ford private offer part they cannot do since that’s on Ford to provide. The most they can do is report the vehicle sold and submit a case to Ford since the previous certificates expired and weren’t renewed.
Got you, I am having trouble getting Chapman to honor Price Protection.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got you, I am having trouble getting Chapman to honor Price Protection.
Yeah, so you won’t have the private offer part since you weren’t an early reservation holder. But you will have the retail price protection.

The price you pay should be the price of the vehicle when you ordered in October. Which should also be the price listed on the order summary sheet or DORA that you got when you ordered.

Caveat being that final selling price is between you and the dealer, so if you didn’t agree in writing on a selling price when you ordered (via buyer’s order or purchase agreement), then obviously that complicates things a bit.

Good luck! I have no experience with Chapman personally but I’ve seen that name a lot on forums so I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) they were decent to work with.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't get it, but I just received a price protection refund check in the mail from my dealer.

Originally had a two door Badlands reserved and ordered 3/12/21, but received a Raptor golden ticket and took delivery back in October.

Not sure how this happened but I'll take it.

Sponsored

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon If I add something to my order, I assume the MSRP will reflect the recent price increase. Do you know if the private offer will remain the same if we make changes to our order?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon If I add something to my order, I assume the MSRP will reflect the recent price increase. Do you know if the private offer will remain the same if we make changes to our order?
I assume you’re talking about a 2023MY since the vast majority of 2022MY units should be delivered by now.

If so, check the 2023MY thread. Has the information you need.

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a follow-up I asked for clarification in writing and they stated that they are filing an "exception" for the $825 portion of the price protection (I believe this is the "Private Offer" portion that other folks have mentioned) and "if approved" Ford will send me a check in 4-6 weeks. Fairly dissapointing as it wasn't clear to me that this was something that needed to be approved.

Now I just have to hope I get this $825 back in a month or so...
Following up on this in case anyone else has this issue. I got a confirmation from Granger that the exception was approved. They had me docusign a form stating the $825 was being remitted to the dealer and then Granger is mailing me a check. After waiting 2.5 years for my Bronco I'm at least glad that Ford didn't screw me on the price protection.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After 3 months the "eagle pooped green" as they said when I worked for the gummint some decades ago. It helps to have a good dealer and a good relationship with the people there.

ozark_stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy & Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak Lux and 2017 Mustang GT Prem
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright... so based on my daily browsing of this forum, it is clear that the price protection system Ford has created for us is confusing both for customers and for dealers. So I'm going to attempt to help the situation and give clarity to it. Keep in mind this is intended for customers in the United States. Customers in Canada have their own program(s), but I don't know those details (apologies to our northern neighbors).

If any of this is wrong please let me know ASAP. I don't want to add to the confusion.

EDIT — A NOTE TO REGARDING 2023MY
As of today (Nov 4th, 2022) we are about a 1-2 weeks away from the beginning of 2023MY production. I want to stress that the information in this post is only valid for those taking delivery on a 2022MY Bronco, and is NOT valid for 2023MY Broncos. For details regarding the 2023MY Price Protection, check out this thread.

Generally speaking there are three price protection programs in play:
  • Retail Price Protection - This is Ford's standard price protection that applies to all Ford vehicles and is designed to protect order holders from mid-year price increases. It is based on your order date (specifically the DORA date) and remains valid for the remainder of the 2022 model year.
  • PGM#38406 - This program was created specifically for early reservation holders to protect the from the 2022MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY, but there is a seperate program for those who get pushed to 2023MY (see the 2023MY Price Protection thread).
  • PGM#38446 - This program is effectively an addendum to the PGM#38406 to protect order holders from the 2022.5MY Price Increases. This program is only valid for the 2022MY.
IMPORTANT JULY 15th, 2022 UPDATE
On July 15th, Ford implemented their second round of price increases for the 2022MY—details here. As far as I know, PGM#38446 is still the correct program number, and covers both the March and the July price increases. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Exactly which of these programs you qualify for is dependent on what you had reserved, what you ordered, when you reserved/ordered, etc. etc. On the table below... Column A is the price protection money for the 2022MY price increases, and Column B is the price protection money for the March 2022 price increases, and Column C is the price protection money from the July 2022 price increases. The colors on the program numbers above correspond to the colored boxes on the flowchart blow. Using them, you should be able to figure out exactly what you qualify for.

On the dealer's side of things... these price protection programs should appear when they pull up your order/vehicle in Smart VINCENT. It will appear as a "private offer certificate". If not, they can use the program numbers above and your customer number to find details on the program.

Retail price protection is just Ford's standard for decades now and applies to all Ford vehicles with mid-year price increases—it is not specific to the Bronco. Your dealer will (or is supposed to) sell you the vehicle at the price the vehicle was listed at when the order was submitted and confirmed by Ford (in other words, the price on the DORA). Once Ford confirms the vehicle was sold to the original order holder, the dealer will be reimbursed by Ford with 30-60 days and the adjustment will appear on their Dealer Payment Statement.

Keep in mind this is simply the protections Ford is offering to you as an order holder. However, the final selling price is ultimately between you and your dealer. Ultimately Ford cannot guarantee the final selling price of the vehicle and (generally speaking) cannot protect your from dealer markups. They can only protect you from the MSRP price increases they themselves have added through the past year or so.

MY2022-PriceProtectionChart.jpg

MY2022_Price_Protection_Flowchart.png

If you would like more information on this... here are a few resources:
Here is my timeline:

Original Order:
White 4 door hard top Wildtrak with lux package, leather, towing capability, steel bumper, all the roof and door bags, all the rubber mats and the WT side graphics

-October 13, 2021: Original Order date - MSRP at this time was $60,510

-October 14, 2021: Order confirmation received

-March 2022: Added HOSS 3.0 Fox package when it became available and removable hoop steps.

-September 2022: Converted order over to 2023 and towing capability option back to the order MSRP on Wildtrak order at this time was $63,940

-January 20th 2023: 463 days since initial order confirmation email the Ford Cooperate Bronco Team contacted us by email with the $2,500 order modification offer to get picked up for production in 2023. I modified order to an eruption green 4 door soft top Badlands, 2.7L, 10-speed automatic, steel bumper, high package, marine grade vinyl, rubber mats, door bags, removable hoop steps and added the tube doors. Got hit with the 7 speaker and subwoofer delete and switched to the base 6 speaker stereo. Lost adaptive cruise, heated steering wheel, B&O stereo, hardtop, towing capability package, wireless charging pad, sport mode, sasquatch wheels and 4.7 rear axle. Gained electronic disconnecting front sta-bar, rock crawl mode and wash out flooring. MSRP on Badlands order at this time was $57,725

• February 1, 2023: Order began previewing at the factory.
  • February 2, 2023: 477 days after original order date. Received VIN number and order was picked up for production for the week of March 20, 2023. MSRP on Badlands window sticker currently $59,225. ***Ironically the MSRP on my Badlands order and packaging with current March 2023 pricing would be $60,200.00 MSRP on my original hard loaded Wildtrak order was $60,510
  • March 14, 2023 order sent to plant for production
  • March 22, 2023 Bronco is currently showing number 540/882 going down the line with a blend date of March 21, 2023 and an invoice date of March 14, 2023

At this time my original Wildtrak order as a 2023 would have a base MSRP before options of $55,620 and my original Wildtrak order had a base MSRP before options of $49,475.00 therefore has seen a total of $6,145 in pricing increases since my original order date. -At this time my current Badlands window sticker shows a base MSRP before options of $48,685 -When I originally ordered the same Badlands order would have a base MSRP before options of $44,590 therefore has seen a total of $4,095 in pricing increases.

Both original Wildtrak order and current Badlands order have a body code of E5D

Both are a: E5D0 BRONCO 4 DR ADVANCED 4X4

Smart Vincent is showing a the $2500 offers to purchase in stock and the cancel or replacement option.
It is showing my order modification $2500 private offer for the Badlands switch that is in production and it is showing a $2,925 38644-2023 Bronco Model Year Transition Private Offer.
All of these have the same certificate number and from what the dealership office is showing on their end it is not letting them combine the $2,500 and the $2,925 and at this time they do not see how they will be able to give me both when the Bronco lands.

Have not had any luck with the Bronco help desk at this time for any clarification on what to expect.

Sponsored

ozark_stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy & Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak Lux and 2017 Mustang GT Prem
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford does NOT send checks.

If the dealer suckered you into paying sticker instead of your DORA price, then that's between you and your dealer.

Your Dealership may (stress MAY) send you a check for the difference once Ford re-invoices them. But Ford isn't sending you anything.
I am a sales manager at a Ford dealership I ordered a Raptor F-150 delivered in July and a Bronco for a girl delivered in September. They both got a refund for price protection that popped up a month or so after the purchase on the monthly statement that was significant for both individuals. It was refunded by the dealership to the customers. Neither of their refunds matched up in any way with anyones predicted calculations. Nobody had any idea the dollar amount until Ford decided and sent it after the purchases. I don't know about you and your business but I don't know many folks that stroke checks on speculations.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
02/01/2022 order, 09/30/2022 MY2023 year change, 02/24/2023 dropped sins

According to this flowchart I don't qualify for any of the protections, is this true? Just $2500 off for dropping the sins?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

owenbysa

Outer Banks
First Name
Sherri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinit QX80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This PP does not hold against anything if your Ford dealership does not honor!! We found this out very quiickly! We also were not able to get pricing at original ordering date as our salesman stated at time of purchase parts had gone up and they were sticking with sticker price for purchase. This whole process has been a joke for us!
I contacted Ford customer service and was told Ford does not issue any money directly to customer and it has to come from dealership. They can use a certificate that can get you up to $2595 off. There is also a $500 reward if you have Farm Bureau car insurance which we do and this was given to us.
I was told by our salesman that the Manager of the dealership may be able to get some additional money from Ford. I have reached out to the Manager, he did respond back to me he would check on this but, no follow up yet.
We are done!! The budget that we thought we had to purchase did not pan out the way we thought it would. Don't get me wrong, my husband loves his Bronco!!
Been there, done that, got a t-shirt for the worst experience with our dealership!!
Good luck for all of you out there!! I thought I had done my homework too to find they would not honor!!
Sponsored