First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are so many ways a criminal can violate you, steal from you, hurt you.
One can barely devise enough scenarios in which they can effectively protect themselves.

And the reality is that you and your car are much safer parked than when driving. Over 3 million people a year are injured in auto accidents, compared to about 750k auto thefts.

I just can't let myself worry about this stuff too much, especially not enough to shoot somebody over a damn car. That is craziness.
You may not want to "shoot someone over a damn car", but there are many out there that won't hesitate one second to shoot you over YOUR damn car, then take it from you....
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those switches will be the first they try, when they can't start it. Now if you had to switch 3 or more on in a certain order--that might work.
Now you've gone and gave the perps ideas! :ROFLMAO:

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For my last few vehicles, I had Lojak installed by the dealer. Added into payments, the insurance savings usually beats the monthly cost.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think a tiger would fit - especially in the 2dr but snakes? Yes, even Indiana Jones is afraid of snakes.
Snakes killed Ragnar Lothbrok so....

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to have my Bronco placed underwater each evening, with a bunch of electrical eels swimming in the cab.

Not really. What's a thief going to do with a Bronco, part it out? For what? So you've got a bunch of parts for a vehicle that almost no one needs parts for.

It's much more economical to steal a pickup truck with a 5.0L, 5.3L/5.4L or 5.7L that's been used since the sixties. Where are you going to sell a fender for a vehicle that's hardly been out, or an LED headlamp assembly. You'll be sitting on parts for years, until the vehicles are in enough accidents that people need used parts.

My girlfriend had a Chevy Caprice from the 80s or 90s that was stolen. When reported to the cops they said, well, the car has been made since the mid-sixties. It was one of the most popular cars in the sixties and seventies. The motor has been used in almost every model GM/Chevy vehicle for thirty years. That car was completely disassembled and sold in hours.

A vehicle that just came out has no market for used parts. People might steal it for a joy-ride, but that doesn't make it ripe for thieves. Another answer looking for a question.
They take them whole and resell them in Mexico, South America, Eastern Europe, Russia. It wasn’t uncommon to find shipping containers filled with stolen cars being sent south, east and west when I worked for insurance companies.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here in some parts of Dirty Jerzy, they steal your catalytic converter. I think I should drop my Bronco so they can’t get it!
Here in Central Calf, stealing the Cat off a Toyota Prius is the common crime

Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Car jacking is a serious problem around here now.
This thread started having me thinking about this. I remember a news story where a man in NJ was at a ritzy mall (near where I grew up) and died because he refused to let a car jacker take his landrover and was shot. I have never had a car where I was concerned about this.....

David Morales

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are we going to handle theft prevention, we all know that when they first hit the road and for at least the first year or two they'll be super unique vehicles, getting a lot of attention, most of it really good but regrettably some of it not so.

The Jeep owners have been facing this challenge since at least 1940, lol, they have some pretty good experience. It would be good to understand what they have found successful and then formulate a strategy, I’m sure you're out there please share, keep me from making the mistakes that would cost money and the Bronco.

I'll be running it commando for as many months of the year as I can. Can't spend all my days worrying about it being there when I get back.
  • What additional Security will we need over and above what comes with the vehicle?
  • What type of kill switch? Should I even install a kill switch? I had one in my CJ5 back in the 80s, but the car is a neanderthal compared to today's vehicles.
  • Steering wheel and pedal locks are just not going to cut it against today's thieves.
  • Installing an additional alarm feel so old school, haven't needed one, so I'm out of touch, what do you think?
With the Bronco having so much technology built in what do you have in mind?

Jason
2 Door, Black Diamond in Area 51, Timestamp: 7/13/2020 at 21:42
I’m putting a big u bolt in my driveway and chaing it up

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An alarm system could help to an extent. An alarm that has vibration detection and hood switch. But this is assuming it is parked somewhere that an alarm would being attention to it and not the usual response "oh great another car alarm". My alarm has worked for me before by making the thief panic and leave everything behind. The alarm was installed on my 07 Tundra because the key fob stopped working and I must have remote unlock (damn keys) and decided to upgrade when it happened to remote start and it came with an alarm.

Gravel28

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just get insurance and forget about it. In fact by the time you get your insurance money you will be able to order the white top:)

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Half the people in my town leave their keys in their unlocked vehicles, if not just in the ignition. So my anti-theft plan is to just be less stupid than the person parked next to me.
Sponsored