Towing package content?

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The main things I want it for are a bike rack and the occasional tiny trailer from the rental center. Neither of which needs any software or upgraded drivetrain components. Heck the bike rack doesn't even need any wiring.
If there’s a backup sensor that beeps at ya then you might actually want wiring with the bike rack, typically a plug plugged into the trailer plugin cancels the backup beeps. Unless a constant beeping anytime ya reverse with a back on the rack is no big deal to you. Guess you’d get used to it after awhile right? Course still wouldn’t say that’s worth $600 though.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unfortunately seems like things are pointing in the wrong direction with just a hitch and plug for $600.

Hopefully those folks that answered the survey all voted "HELL NO" on that $600 package!

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3:15 into this pricing video
He doesn’t know. He’s guessing. Trailer sway control is standard on all Broncos. It’s a good guess but that isn’t for sure what’s included.

My guess is that it’s just the 2” receiver and the wiring. Especially since that’s what the survey said.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The main things I want it for are a bike rack and the occasional tiny trailer from the rental center. Neither of which needs any software or upgraded drivetrain components. Heck the bike rack doesn't even need any wiring.
This is off topic but trailer rental places won’t rent to you if you’re towing in a vehicle without a fixed roof i.e. wrangler and bronco. Drives me nuts everytime I need a trailer for a day.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MajorPayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 acura tsx
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is off topic but trailer rental places won’t rent to you if you’re towing in a vehicle without a fixed roof i.e. wrangler and bronco. Drives me nuts everytime I need a trailer for a day.
Damn... that sucks.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to clarify my personal need. It isn't for the UHaul kinds of trailers but rather the tiny ones provided when renting things like yard equipment. For the latter, my local rental center couldn't care less if I have a fixed roof or not.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So after all this ... looks like I am going to have to buy the Towing simply because I can't get Roof Rails on anything I want. So with at least a hitch, I can put my little carrier on the back and carry some stuff.

Way to bend me over Ford!

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope... it's pretty established that all you are getting for your money is a Class II hitch, with a 2" receiver and a pre-wired trailer plug.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Incorrect. As long as you have a hard top, places like U-haul will rent to you. It's even mentioned on their website.

oyTANca.jpg

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incorrect. As long as you have a hard top, places like U-haul will rent to you. It's even mentioned on their website.

Ford Bronco Towing package content? oyTANca
Yep.

I rented a trailer from U-Haul with my wrangler just the other week. He even hitched it up for me.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep.

I rented a trailer from U-Haul with my wrangler just the other week. He even hitched it up for me.
My apologies for the misinformation. I admittedly never checked any trailer rental websites. I was just relaying what happened to me twice. The first time I had my soft top on and they said no, I asked if I went home and put the hardtop on was that ok...they still said no because the company recognizes the wrangler as a convertible. Second attempt was a couple of years later at a different location. I showed up with my hardtop on and was still denied due to the lack of “a fixed roof” according to them. I’m happy that was just my experience and not the norm!!

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am not sure what to do here. I want a hitch for a swing out bike rack, but that’s probably it. Can’t see spending $600 for that. Will probably just pick up an aftermarket receiver.
Sponsored