2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And yet they are going to offer an optional 2” hitch and 7pin connector. We all know class 3 hitch has higher rating.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have a reservation (waiting to actually see a Bronco in person and more detais) but if you do and if this tow rating is a deal breaker and you cancel your reservation, is there a place on the reservation to state why you're canceling it? If so, please state that the towing rate was a factor in your cancellation.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And yet they are going to offer an optional 2” hitch and 7pin connector. We all know class 3 hitch has higher rating.
I agree this all doesn't add up. If it's limited to 3500lbs why not a Class 2 and 4-pin connector?

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is with people asking questions like this? How about asking of they are considering a higher rated tow package? Or if there is a possibility of later models having higher TC? We keep asking them questions that are easy for them to answer with generic replies giving us little useful information.

Even in that answer he doesn't say whether or not there can or will be a higher TC available, just that the tow package already speced at 3500lbs has a limit of 3500lbs.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Class 2 is usually a 1.25 inch hitch. I'd rather have a 2 inch class 3. The tow rating of the vehicle and the capabilities of the hitch itself don't have to align. You're still limited by the capabilities of the vehicle. For example:

My Outback has a max tow rating of 2500lbs and 250lb tongue weight.
In order to get a 2 inch hitch I had to put on a class 3 which can support a 400lb tongue rating and 4000 lbs.

My max tow rating is still 2500lbs and a 250lb tongue weight.

I don't see why anyone is complaining. The tow rating on the Bronco matches the Wrangler which is its competitor. If you wanted to tow more get a different vehicle with a suspension designed to pull more weight.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Class 2 is usually a 1.25 inch hitch. I'd rather have a 2 inch class 3. The tow rating of the vehicle and the capabilities of the hitch itself don't have to align. You're still limited by the capabilities of the vehicle. For example:

In order to get a 2 inch hitch I had to put on a class 3 which can support a 400lb tongue rating and 4000 lbs.

I don't see why anyone is complaining. The tow rating on the Bronco matches the Wrangler which is its competitor. If you wanted to tow more get a different vehicle with a suspension designed to pull more weight.
So I guess we should keep the wife’s grand cherokee which has been fully capable of being on every trail the Broncos will hit. I have a wrangler I can take the doors and top off of. Was trying to go from 3 offroad vehicles down to 2. But both need to be able to tow our offroad camper. May have to turn my attention to the gladiator now.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree this all doesn't add up. If it's limited to 3500lbs why not a Class 2 and 4-pin connector?
2x2 is standard for all light trucks, regardless of tow capacity for class 2, 3, and 4. Ensures compatibility with standard accessories and drop hitches. Drop hitch would not be strong enough using 1.25". They have also standardized the connector.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Explorer is rated at 2000lbs with 2.3 or 5000lbs with V6.

expltow.jpg

Sponsored

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And if we would be? 90% of my trips run the gauntlet. Obviously not a problem with my current f150 3.5EB as it doesn't skip a bit but the wife's grand Cherokee 3.6 (tow rating of 6200lbs and what would be replaced by the 4dr Bronco Badlands) struggles towing the 3400lb low center of gravity offload camper.

Here is the scenario Im heavily considering at the moment, but it's going to come down to if Ford increases that 3500lbs tow rating, even to 5k would be ok, because I want both vehicles to be able to tow the camper so we're not always leaving the Bronco behind:
Step 1 - replace my loaded '17 f150 with a loaded '21 Gladiator Rubicon and the 3.0 ecodiesel
Step 2 - replace the wife's '18 GC Trailhawk w/ the 4dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7
I do not think you would have any problems towing 3400 pounds with either engine in the Bronco.

The pentastar 3.6 is ok at best and is pretty bad when towing a load even on flat ground.

Here it is towing 7000 pounds up the ike

The 2.3 and the 2.7 from ford have both gone up the ike with significantly higher loads than the bronco is rated for and did very well.

Ranger with the 2.3 towing 5000 pounds

Ford f150 with the 2.7 towing 7200 pounds

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
could be something to do with the soft top as well, since iirc uhaul still doesnt let you rent anything if you have a soft top.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2x2 is standard for all light trucks, regardless of tow capacity for class 2, 3, and 4. Ensures compatibility with standard accessories and drop hitches. Drop hitch would not be strong enough using 1.25". They have also standardized the connector.
That makes sense thanks for the info

SouthernBronco6g

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Don’t worry some of us are.
It’s just disappointing a vehicles with so many difference variations In trims, suspension and engine choices has a standard 3500 lb tow rating all across the board.

Kind of stupid if you ask me.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am also curious if it would be possible to install an aftermarket towing receiver/hitch on the Base model. I would imagine that they don't use a different frame for just the base model.. And I believe it's just a money-grab to get you to go to the next model up.. But I guess it would be hard to tell once the build and price tool comes out because it probably just won't let you add towing to the base model. But that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be possible with aftermarket capability right?
Sponsored