Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t mind saying, how much did they charge for install? Also, does the soft top fit in the back of the 4 door after you put the hard top on.
$200 if they have to remove your soft top
$100 if you roll in topless with soft top hardware removed

though, they refused my money. I think due to the unexpected delay. I’m going to email Todd shortly I’d still like to send them something
Sponsored

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t mind saying, how much did they charge for install? Also, does the soft top fit in the back of the 4 door after you put the hard top on.
Cost is exactly like what Tommy just said. And the soft top fits in the back with seats down. Infact, we had the soft top and luggage, cooler and snacks for 2 people for 9 days with no issues.

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cost is exactly like what Tommy just said. And the soft top fits in the back with seats down. Infact, we had the soft top and luggage, cooler and snacks for 2 people for 9 days with no issues.
Thank you both for your replies. That seems very reasonable.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just get some Rockworkx thumb screws and be done with those bronco bolts :)
I've had the rockworkx thumb screws for probably a year, while i was waiting on the "other guys"...
I'll finally get to put them to use in a few days!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Absolute excellent review! I have the OEM MIC, but it’s shitty and I know won’t last. So likely going to upgrade to the TOR and sell my MIC. I like the black color of the TOR and how much more heavy duty it is.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice video! I like the looks of the aftermarket style better except the finish at least on camera looks blotchy.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice video! I like the looks of the aftermarket style better except the finish at least on camera looks blotchy.
I also noticed the blotchy look. Couldn’t tell if it was inconsistency in the finish “paint” or potential variance from OP’s hand bath he mentioned.

I definitely like that it’s a true black and not a dark charcoal like the factory top. Reminds me a bit of my old top for the TJ.

I haven’t researched tops much as I have a factory hard top but am I correctly seeing the TOR top doesn’t have removable panels for the rear passengers? Not a deal breaker for me but some may not like that. Seems like less spots to leak air/water.

Of course having the a longer back half then makes me curious what a cross section through the top looks like. Is it thicker than OEM? Was additional reinforcing installed for rigidness. Effectively you are creating a cantilevered effect so it needs different support for the additional weight.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also noticed the blotchy look. Couldn’t tell if it was inconsistency in the finish “paint” or potential variance from OP’s hand bath he mentioned.

I definitely like that it’s a true black and not a dark charcoal like the factory top. Reminds me a bit of my old top for the TJ.

I haven’t researched tops much as I have a factory hard top but am I correctly seeing the TOR top doesn’t have removable panels for the rear passengers? Not a deal breaker for me but some may not like that. Seems like less spots to leak air/water.

Of course having the a longer back half then makes me curious what a cross section through the top looks like. Is it thicker than OEM? Was additional reinforcing installed for rigidness. Effectively you are creating a cantilevered effect so it needs different support for the additional weight.
Only the front panel comes off. You’ll also notice the rear cap is one piece - no lines/separate pieces, unlike the MIC top, so even less points where it could leak.

The “blotchiness” could simply be from the greasiness of the top when it’s new. As soon as you touch it, it can easily appear this way. After some washes or some rain I’m assuming that will disappear. Probably some film from manufacturing, would be my guess.

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is your rear wiper? Just deleted it? How about rear defrost? Why?

Sponsored

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice wrap, I’m considering something very similar. Top looks like a good option. Glad it’s on the market.

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We drove from Dallas to California to get the Turn Off-Road hardtop installed and take in all that King of the Hammers has to offer. It was actually a great test to get the hardtop out in Johnson Valley. We beat the bronco to death running the desert. We had to tighten some of the bolts in the back that bolt to the body, but other than that, it performed better than expected. As had been mentioned before, going from the soft top to the hardtop added a layer of rigidity to the overall feel of the Bronco. Now that we're back, I thought I would do a quick side by side video of the TOR vs OEM hardtop. I'll post a decibel video comparing the soft top, OEM hardtop and TOR Hardtop when I get time to record wife's WT.

Awesome review! I had to for go the hardtop in order to get my Bronco quicker. I don’t mind the soft top but, I really want a hardtop for daily use. I think you convinced me to go with the Turn Off Road top. Have you had any issues with the seals? Everything looks nice and tight. Is the front panel easy to remove, stow, and install? I like to run with my soft top folded back. Thanks for the post. Both of your Broncos look great!

Broncoholic79

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting and thanks for choosing our top! It was great getting to meet you and I hope you had a good time at KOH!!

We certainly did!
Can the TOR top be lifted by the roof rack slots with a hoist?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can the TOR top be lifted by the roof rack slots with a hoist?
I’m curious about this as well. My guess is yes since they are more reinforced than the OEM top. But then again the TOR top is heavier and includes the rear passenger seat area as part of the entire rear shell.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome review! I had to for go the hardtop in order to get my Bronco quicker. I don’t mind the soft top but, I really want a hardtop for daily use. I think you convinced me to go with the Turn Off Road top. Have you had any issues with the seals? Everything looks nice and tight. Is the front panel easy to remove, stow, and install? I like to run with my soft top folded back. Thanks for the post. Both of your Broncos look great!
Removal and install is extremely easy, although you'll want one another person to help since due to it's length. One person can carry no issues once it's off. It will fit in the back with seats down. I plan to keep it in the garage or if I'm traveling we'll keep it in the hotel. TOR is working on ideas how to store it in other ways but not sure how it would work.
Sponsored