Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is your rear wiper? Just deleted it? How about rear defrost? Why?
They are releasing defrost and wiper option soon. Early adopters will have the option of getting a new window assembly if desired. I would use the defroster but don't really care to have a wiper since I never use it. I was happy to see the wiper will by at the spare and third light. The other company is putting to wiper at the top of the window, further blocking your view out the back.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re spot on with your latch comments - you barely notice them and the inside roof is very dark, which is great.

Do you find when you’re driving that there’s a tiny bit of wind noise from the targa top? Mines sitting properly and I don’t see any issues with that. I’m just curious if you experience the same at higher speeds?

Don't get me wrong - it’s still 1,000 times quieter than my soft top was, and the tiny wind noise is easily fixed by just turning on the radio minimally.

It’s a non-issue, was just curious.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice video! I like the looks of the aftermarket style better except the finish at least on camera looks blotchy.
It's because I just used water to clean the desert sand off. I started on the driver side and finished on the passenger. The rinse from passenger side moved some of the residue back to driver side. Using soap and water would wash in cleaner. It's much easier to clean than the black fender flares by a mile.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re spot on with your latch comments - you barely notice them and the inside roof is very dark, which is great.

Do you find when you’re driving that there’s a tiny bit of wind noise from the targa top? Mines sitting properly and I don’t see any issues with that. I’m just curious if you experience the same at higher speeds?

Don't get me wrong - it’s still 1,000 times quieter than my soft top was, and the tiny wind noise is easily fixed by just turning on the radio minimally.

It’s a non-issue, was just curious.
You can hear road noise from the 35s and a slight whoosh from wind. It's not a whistle or anything. Probably has more to do with the Bronco being a brick in the front vs being more aerodynamic. I also seem to hear wind noise through the windows more so than the top. But significant improvement over soft top. I would swear I had a back window down at times in the soft top!!!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can hear road noise from the 35s and a slight whoosh from wind. It's not a whistle or anything. Probably has more to do with the Bronco being a brick in the front vs being more aerodynamic. I also seem to hear wind noise through the windows more so than the top. But significant improvement over soft top. I would swear I had a back window down at times in the soft top!!!
Thank you - Sounds like we’re hearing similar things. Just me being paranoid I suppose.

I looked back countless times with my soft top to see if one of my windows was missing too! Overall it was a top that exceeded my expectations, but it was loud for sure.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm noticing that the sound while lower compared to my soft top, is overall different. I feel like I hear more of the tires and road from below and in the wheel wells. I may do some sound dampening mat in the future.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like that this top exists—especially given the ADV fiasco—but honestly I don’t love the look of it at all. I prefer the MIC.

I think the TO top (and ADV one) looks funny with the slight slant back, and it’s also too low-profile; the Bronco is suited for a bigger, boxier top IMO.
the exaggerated slant and the larger than life logos are big turn offs...it's nice that it exists and I'm happy people are getting their and enjoying it, but it's just not my cup of tea...well that and the marine carpet headliner...

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interested in the sound comparison from your wife's wildtrack. My wildtrak can get pretty loud when there are cross winds on the highway.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you - Sounds like we’re hearing similar things. Just me being paranoid I suppose.

I looked back countless times with my soft top to see if one of my windows was missing too! Overall it was a top that exceeded my expectations, but it was loud for sure.
I do the same thing with my soft top! I often roll the windows down/up to make sure they're seated properly... I'll also recheck all the velcro closures on the windows, etc... Sometimes I'll have different whistles. It's a bit annoying, however I knew what I was getting and really don't think it's any worse than the Jeep TJ I used to have.

@Razorback if you get a chance to take off the targa, could you take a pic of how it fits in the back? That large 1 piece targa is my hold-up given I have a family of 4... With having to put a seat down to store, this would prevent me from removing on a whim with the family in-tow.

I also appreciate the footage on the latches. The earlier pictures made it seem they weren't as nice as the OEM, but they're just more of a minimalist (and adjustable) design and I kind of like them better now.

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing @Razorback !

Maybe I'm the odd one out but I don't think the slant is that drastic over the slant of the OEM. Now if you look at the Armadillo top, that is a slant top lol.
Agreed. Although I wish the slant on the back edge of the side glass matched the slant of the top.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed. Although I wish the slant on the back edge of the side glass matched the slant of the top.
In some light it's deceiving. There's a forced corner edge that looks like it matches the angle of the glass, but then the full side profile, with the back glass bulge, seems to throw it off like they don't match. If that makes any sense! :LOL:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Latches look cheap, OEM is better. Rear door hinges, the extra "buttons" is a negative and no rear wiper. I am also curious of the inside guts of the top. Is it solid fiberglass/whatever? or honeycomb-hollow like the OEM?

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Latches look cheap, OEM is better. Rear door hinges, the extra "buttons" is a negative and no rear wiper. I am also curious of the inside guts of the top. Is it solid fiberglass/whatever? or honeycomb-hollow like the OEM?
While you may not like the looks of the latches they are actually functionally better. Part of the reason there is much less wind noise and whistles from the TOR compared to the mic.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Call me an idiot, I still fail to see the allure of any of the aftermarket tops. Pay 6k to get…another roof above your head that does the same thing as the one that came on the 45k vehicle you already bought. Same function and minor changes to form necessitates that much money. Wot???
Sponsored