Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm confident this dealer is a scum, but OP did himself no favors. Yeah, anyone could see that it's a sham and he's escaping on a technicality. If I was the dealer though, I would use the argument that he came in and verbally abused my staff before we had a chance to discuss and work it out, so we have decided not to do business with him...and post OP's comments from here: "which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words."
That would have made more sense. I have found that almost always in a dispute like this, where there was any type of agreement at all, even implied or verbal from any employee, that if you are professional, rational, and persistent, it gets resolved to that agreement. If you fly off the handle before you've exhausted all rational steps...you usually end up SOL.

I mean if Ford calls the dealer and says, hey do us a solid and sell it to him for MSRP....the owner just says: of course we always would do what we can to help, but this guy flew off the handle in front of customers and staff and verbally abused us by his own public admission, then bragged about it on social media. We just can't do it. What's Ford going to say to that?
That's a good point in terms of how this all played out. When encountering a rough situation like this, I think about what I ultimately want to happen, and consider what will best help get me there. And in some cases, it's not the initial desire to say or do what's on your mind at the moment, even if the other party might deserve it. If at the end of the day you want to figure a way to get the Bronco, setting the bridges on fire may not get there.
Sponsored

cscottp67

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-250 / 20 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you guys know that there is a website where you can 'anonymously' order a 5 pound box of horse :poop: and have it delivered to someone?! That's some funny :poop: right there.

d&c.jpg
What’s that websites address?

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

According to the GM it’s “fake news” and we’ve been misinformed. This is one of the few responses on Google Reviews.
C9C5824B-35DA-466B-A65D-9FA5D2AB052F.jpeg
That to me is a very slippery answer. "The customer you are referring to did not have a signed buyer's order." Well why not? He paid you a deposit as if he had an order, didn't he? I can't help but suspecting that these dealers gulled some of their customers into thinking they'd done everything they needed to do to actually order the car, when the dealers were keeping a call option in their pocket. I would not take the review down. And the poster now does indeed have "personal experience with our business" - this slippery email from the General Manager.

Sponsored

glphoto

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just as some additional data and perspective n the current situation, numerous folks on a local message board (San Diego area) are complaining that dealers are generally stickering everything on the lot (new and used) with an across-the-board $2500 markup. (This is not Ford or Bronco specific but appears to be more widespread).
I live in San Diego, can you show me what message Boards

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, ford cant straight up tell dealers what to charge.
Ford COULD straight up tell opt-in dealers what to charge by offering xplan on the Bronco.

However, Corporate didn't want the end consumer to have any tools or protections against morally impaired dealers so here we are.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No... no... no... we're calling the GM a liar. Where do you think the member who posted that got the information from? You think that poster was sitting in on the situation or a salesperson? Oh wait are you thinking the poster is the GM? You trying to deflect again? LOL Keep digging....
so, i am trying to think about this rationally, give you the benefit of the doubt. You say you are not affiliated with the dealer in anyway. However, you joined this forum yesterday, you have only posted in this thread, all of your posts are either defending the dealer's actions, stating the OP was dumb in their actions, and you have spent a tremendous amount of time on THIS one issue. If you aren't affiliated with the dealer, why do you care so much about ONLY this topic?

btw, still waiting for a selfie of you with a dated item Iike today's newspaper in front of any location that proves you aren't near DCH Ford of Eatontown

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so, i am trying to think about this rationally, give you the benefit of the doubt. You say you are not affiliated with the dealer in anyway. However, you joined this forum yesterday, you have only posted in this thread, all of your posts are either defending the dealer's actions, stating the OP was dumb in their actions, and you have spent a tremendous amount of time on THIS one issue. If you aren't affiliated with the dealer, why do you care so much about ONLY this topic?

btw, still waiting for a selfie of you with a dated item Iike today's newspaper in front of any location that proves you aren't near DCH Ford of Eatontown
giphy.gif

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@RJSD Lithia Motors has dealerships in 25 states and 5 provinces. You expect up to believe you aren't affiliated with DCH Ford of Eatontown in any way?
Perhaps boycott them all. Please provide list

CMar

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@RJSD - If you aren't the dealer, you are making an a$$ out of yourself all on your own.

@mods - Pull up his email and IP where he registered from. If it's in the "Everglades" (from FL and never heard anyone say they're from the "Everglades" lol) and we are all wrong, just say that. If it's not, POST IT UP!

Coming on a Bronco forum talking about it being a Wrangler Wannabe ... gtfoh

@ Mods - Not sure if this is the answer I was looking for, but thank you!

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634678021568

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634678021568

btw, given how large and corporate DCH is, he was probably offered a promotion with "your moving to Jerzey...."
Everyone just blazin' right past my D: option, the inferred answer 😅
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.