Sponsored

Waiting for Warthog... Will I get screwed?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im a Granger reservation holder so ill reach out to them and see. I’m sure many of you on this forum are in the same boat I am… waiting for 2022 late Availability items to come online. My philosophy is I might as well just hold off for a warthog and get the baddest one they make lol
My philosophy is I want one now, not one later maybe. There is no guarantee there will ever be warthog or in what year.
Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve been thinking the exact same thing. At this point I’m driving if myself crazy debating which Bronco to purchase. I’m not going to wait another year only to find out that the dealers want to charge an astronomical ADM for it.

I would consider Granger, but am concerned that they may not receive enough allocations. That’s another thing that is driving me nuts, we still don’t fully understand Ford’s strategy for allocations.

At this rate, I’m just going to order a 2022 2-Door or 2023 2-Door

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stick with your current order. When the Raptor version first hits the ADM's will be huge. Buy one in the second year. I did that with both of my Raptors and saved a ton of money. If it is sold as a FP vehicle the availability will be limited. As a comparison the F150 sells over 650k per year. Of that number about 25k are Raptors. Roughly 3.8% of F150's are Raptors. Ford will likely start with a similar formula for the Bronco and adjust according to the market demand. Year one will be slim pickings and high mark ups.

chris_rosen

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Contact your dealer and ask if you can get on their Warthog wait list. I know the warthog is not official but I know dealers already have a waiting list for their good customers.

My dealer has a wait list for the Raptor R and Warthog and they will call me when they get an allocaton
Bingo! My dealer here in NV put me on the Braptor wait list as well. I’ve purchased two Raptors from them, and while that doesn’t make me a preferred customer it was enough to get me on the list. They’re a straight shooter dealer, no bs, friendly and I trust them.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Most of your questions I don't have an answer to but I can provide you some more encouraging news. The Bronco Raptor is scheduled to launch Spring 2022 .
Launch or be unveiled? I have read that they are looking at Fall 2022 as a '23 model.. I may be wrong and have no "inside information". I am hoping they launch with they hybrid model next to the 3.0 Standard setup.

Sponsored

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hello everybody! I'm a Day one reservation holder and I planned on buying a Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7, black hardtop,..ect everything I wanted was late availability so it pushed me into 2022. So now I decided to screw it and I'm gonna go with a Warthog. late 2022, 2023 heck 2024 I don't care. My question is is Ford going limit the amount of Warthogs being built? Am I even guaranteed one? Does my day one reservation hold any weight on getting one do you think? Thanks...
Hey Man! So, as a lot of people said here, it is considered a Ford Performance Vehicle and dealers get allocated (or given a certain amount of Bronco Raptors/WH) to sell. I am in a similar position as you are. I have a reservation and really wanted to see what my dealer would do in terms of helping me get what I want (Bronco Raptor/WH). They get allocated Raptors and have a good reputation selling them ( I bought my Raptor there) so I figured I would ask to be put on an internal list. This is exactly what I did and I AM FIRST ON THEIR LIST TO CONTACT WHEN IT COMES OUT :). I will probably sell my spot off for my Badlands or let the dealer take my order and sell it on their lot.
Aside from this one person who disagreed with the money I put down (500 and it will go to vehicle), I am happy knowing I am getting first dibs.

OP
OP
Ranger345

Ranger345

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just called a local dealer and they just started a list.... Im #1.....fingers crossed they come out.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer wouldn't even let me put a deposit on one. They will be limited, over priced and hard to get. Your reservation is 100% useless for getting a Raptor/Warthog.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer wouldn't even let me put a deposit on one. They will be limited, over priced and hard to get. Your reservation is 100% useless for getting a Raptor/Warthog.
I would keep looking. My dealer man was good, talked to head guy there and he made it a point that he would not go over MSRP. I was ecstatic. But I know everyone has a different situation. Of course I will keep people updated when it does roll around.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glutton for punishment. Isn’t this waiting list bad enough? Using Fords track record as it pertains to the Bronco, I would suggest you buy your BL as soon as it becomes available and then trade it in if Ford ever builds the Warthog, a Raptor, or whatever they will eventually decide to name it. The only mythical Bronco I would hold out for is if the word got out that a push rod V8 aka Godzilla or such was going to be offered. I would reserve, pay, and allow them to kick me in the groin at time of delivery for such an animal. But that’s me.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello everybody! I'm a Day one reservation holder and I planned on buying a Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7, black hardtop,..ect everything I wanted was late availability so it pushed me into 2022. So now I decided to screw it and I'm gonna go with a Warthog. late 2022, 2023 heck 2024 I don't care. My question is is Ford going limit the amount of Warthogs being built? Am I even guaranteed one? Does my day one reservation hold any weight on getting one do you think? Thanks...
Get the Bronco and trade it for the Warthog later might even make some $

OP
OP
Ranger345

Ranger345

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a Ford Ranger so I'm in no need to get a vehicle anytime soon. Once the late availability options come available, heritage package etc. I will reevaluate and see where the bronco warthog is. I have 2 badlands on reserve now that I have not built yet. I'm not gonna settle for a gray top lol.

Deleted member 3063

some history, when the Raptor launched dealers were barred from making any stock orders. they risked loosing all Raptor orders if they strayed. dealers were permitted to order one for personal use providing they held ownership for one year. dealers showed me the Ford documentation at the time.
basically they could not order without an actual signed customer order. that helped price haggling to the tune to $1K below MSRP for one of the very 1st 6.2L Raps in the area. this dealer is so small they have no showroom. they were so excited to get one they called me in after hours to see it. the dealer and salesman were hand washing it when I got there.

no AZ or X plans should be expected as per usual.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

some history, when the Raptor launched dealers were barred from making any stock orders. they risked loosing all Raptor orders if they strayed. dealers were permitted to order one for personal use providing they held ownership for one year. dealers showed me the Ford documentation at the time.
basically they could not order without an actual signed customer order. that helped price haggling to the tune to $1K below MSRP for one of the very 1st 6.2L Raps in the area. this dealer is so small they have no showroom. they were so excited to get one they called me in after hours to see it. the dealer and salesman were hand washing it when I got there.

no AZ or X plans should be expected as per usual.
Great insight. I talked to my dealer and he told me he did not like doing reservations at times due to the fact that some of the people would order and leave the orders because "things came up" in relation to the person ordering it. So often times he had orange paint GT500 or some other special orders that were very particular to that customer. I know that I am not too worried about the price other than Ford's end of which prices seem to be skyrocketing anyways. That is a whole other story
Sponsored