Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not seeing four or five versions of my car at every redlight.
I have about a 15 minute round trip to drop off and pick up my kid from school every day, and the past week i've seen 4-5 broncos morning and afternoon, and not the same ones every time necessarily.

Once ford has production cranking, these will be everywhere. probably the closest thing to selling like the original mustang almost 60 years ago.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had Wranglers- 4 of them- TJ's. And one CJ-5 back in 1978. All awesome 4 X 4's.

I had two Gen 1 Broncos before the CJ-5 that were my very first 2 vehicles I ever had. I learned to 4 wheel in those Broncos. So that's why I just had to have a new Bronco. I put the reservation in the following morning after it was officially announced. I was not even sure if I ever would get one or really want it. Over a year and a half later I got the call it came in, went to see it and I just loved it, traded my awesome Chevy Silverado pick up for it. I love the Bronco- even more than the TJ's. It's more drivable on the road and way more powerful and just as capable off road, if not more so. I never liked the current JK Wrangler design since it started in 2007 and never owned one.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A number of content/ feature availability things, but it ultimately boiled down to design character. I'm sure a Wrangler would be plenty of fun, but they never made me turn my head or smile, nor remind me of the vintage Ford I grew up around.

Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long time Jeep and Land Rover owner. (Currently own a JEEP TJ, CJ-7 and Series III 88 Land Rover). Those vehicles are getting long in the tooth, having some issues, so I decided a new open top 4x4 was the ticket, especially for longer trips to off-road sites.

Some reasons I went with a Bronco over a Wrangler:
  • Never been a fan of the post TJ lack of front fender integration on the Wrangler JK/JL.
  • 2-door Bronco was 28k and included hardtop, which (at the time) beat the Wrangler price.
  • I consider the Bronco the modern version of my Series Land Rover. (Sorry LR dropped the ball with the new fixed top uni-body Defender.)
  • Wanted to try something different, variety is the spice of life.

Only a month with the new 2-door manual Bronco, so far so good. Real test will be next month, if I can swing a trip to Colorado and try the IFS off-road. I generally prefer live front axle, but hopefully the Bronco IFS will have enough travel to follow the terrain.
I've done two week long CO trips over the last two years with my 2 door balands manual. Not sure where you plan to off road but I didn't have any issues with Ophir, Red Mountain, Engineer, Imogene, or Mineral Creek Trail with my stock badlands on 33s. I was careful to try and not get myself into any situations where I would be potentially bending or breaking a tie rod and made sure to never use the front locker while turning sharply to not stress the CVs too much. Good tire placement, low crawl speed, and making use of the skid plates some made for a pretty good time!

Last edited:

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always loved broncos because my dad had a 79 full size and my uncle had a 67 half cab and 76 sport 302, both 3 on the tree. I wanted a 96 351 in red and white to match my 96 F150 but that went out the window with clean examples for a decent price being almost non existent. After Ford announced the 6G I reserved within the first 24 hours. After the first year of delay I picked up a used 2015 Wrangler Rubi Hard Rock 2 door manual to give a jeep a shot while I waited. One of the heated seats basically never worked and the crappy factory battery cable terminal ends were too loose and could not be adjusted or shimmed to stay tight, so I would constantly get no starts and have to mess with it, or it would throw up the christmas tree on the dash while driving and force me to correct it again. It had aftermarket wheels and 35" MTs on it and I figured 4.10s would be fine, but the gearing was awful. First gear was not low enough and the 3.6 was gutless. The jeep 6 speed was basically a 5 speed with 5 being direct drive, 6 being a not tall enough overdrive, an 1st not being a low enough starter, so it was a pain to drive in almost all situations. When I finally got my bronco it was a night and day difference. After 2 good off road trips in CO it took everything I dished out and didn't hiccup at all. More power, better gearing, more comfortable. Just better all around.

Last edited:

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Value. I got so much more for my money based on a 2020 reservation. At 10,000 miles I could still sell the Bronco for more than I paid. Even way back in 2020 when this wasn’t obvious, B&P for a comparable Jeep was about $5-7k more.

2. Ride Quality. I simply couldn’t stomach the ride quality of independent front suspension.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Value. I got so much more for my money based on a 2020 reservation. At 10,000 miles I could still sell the Bronco for more than I paid. Even way back in 2020 when this wasn’t obvious, B&P for a comparable Jeep was about $5-7k more.

2. Ride Quality. I simply couldn’t stomach the ride quality of independent front suspension.
Price is definitely a big factor. Building a 2 door rubi to the spec of my badlands always came out to be 50k or more. My badlands invoiced at 48.7k and with the price protections and D plan it came out to about 43.5k. Hard to pass that up.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's pretty difficult to build a jeep for the same amount of money and options. Speaking as a base 2 door owner......

Sponsored

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've owned 2 Wranglers: A 2008 2 door Rubicon and a 2016 4 door Rubicon Hard Rock (plus an 89 XJ). I went with the Bronco largely because of the IFS. I don't have the time or money to put towards a dedicated off-road rig so whatever I own needs to be my daily driver as well as my off-roader. The Bronco took the things I loved about my Jeeps & added a ton of on-road drivability. As with everything, there are sacrifices but I'm more than willing to trade a bit off hardcore rock crawling ability for a lot of daily driving comfort.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep seems to small inside. The windshield right on your face because the dash is so small. If Bronco had been same way we wouldn't have gotten it either. Claustrophobic as all get out.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't, yet.

I ordered my '23 Rubi 2-door when I got frustrated with the inability to order a base Bronco 2-door Sasquatch. 42 days from order to pickup. This one is my fifth, had two JKs and two TJs in the past, all 2-doors that had the back seats ripped out from Day 1.

I love the rough riding, darty little bastards. But someday I hope to order a Bronco for something different.

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nostalgia

The '92 in my PFP was my 1st vehicle. Getting another one & fixing it up has always been my dream vehicle. So my 6g is close enough!
Sponsored