Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Painted fender flares - For me, I would damage them off-road...plain ones are cheaper to replace.
OBX trim is beyond my budget as well, but it is a nice ride.
Sponsored

Deleted member 16780

I keep seeing posters trashing the outer banks trim. Why? Iā€™m not trying to hide that Iā€™m a poser, itā€™s going to be a daily driver that I take camping in Florida a few times a year. What am I missing?
Thing is, you're not the poser. "They" are. 90% of the buyers will be daily drivers. Road-warriors. Commuter vehicles. Maybe they'll drive it around their beach house or cabin home.
Maybe.

For example, when you see a big ole pick-up on the highway (excluding work/fleet vehicles), how often is the bed empty?
Exactly.

Wrangler is this era's midlife crisis mobile, no matter how high of a lift and how big the tires are on that subdivision bound mall-terrain vehicle. You ain't fooling anyone, Daddy.

Get the vehicle you want.

The OBX doesn't work for me because I do not like the color-coded fenders. It somehow throws it off and makes it look shorter. But, for the price, you can get a lot of nice features.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you squatch the OBX and the Badlands and use the same roofs and accessory package level; them and the WildTrak all look very similar and are within a a few hundred dollars of each other.

Ford Bronco Why all the hate on the OBX? BL Carb Gr

Ford Bronco Why all the hate on the OBX? OBX Carb G

Ford Bronco Why all the hate on the OBX? WT Carb G

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thing is, you're not the poser. "They" are. 90% of the buyers will be daily drivers. Road-warriors. Commuter vehicles. Maybe they'll drive it around their beach house or cabin home.
Maybe.

For example, when you see a big ole pick-up on the highway (excluding work/fleet vehicles), how often is the bed empty?
Exactly.

Wrangler is this era's midlife crisis mobile, no matter how high of a lift and how big the tires are on that subdivision bound mall-terrain vehicle. You ain't fooling anyone, Daddy.

Get the vehicle you want.

The OBX doesn't work for me because I do not like the color-coded fenders. It somehow throws it off and makes it look shorter. But, for the price, you can get a lot of nice features.
This! Remembering Wild Hogs, lol.

Sponsored

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though we can change at order, I have an OBX reserved as it might be a way to get good payload and lux. I do like body color features, will be getting method wheels and falken tires with an aftermarket lift so I don't care about the advanced Badlands suspension. Badlands has front locker, SBD, and armor so I want to see how that plays out with payload and gvwr... If Badlands has a better GVWR, that'll be the way for me...

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well if your like most of us , we have significant others that may be vertically challenged and need the side step to enter into the bronco, where's the Badlands nor FE let's you add a sidestep. You can add the Sasquatch package to it as well with the side step and your wife would be grateful for that and not harp on you so much about how much you're spending LOL.

I have the luxury of buying any of them but the FE of course ,and my reservation is for the Badlands but because of what I just stated above I will probably go with the Outer Banks Lux package and Squatch packages as well ,besides that I also like the interior better in the Outer Banks ,so don't listen to what everybody else is saying Outer Banks is just fine.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My personal take - because it will be expensive without being hardened.

A well appointed OBX will cost nearly as much as a Badlands, but without any of the ruggedness. Plastic bumpers, city wheels, no armor underneath, theyā€™re even trying to stick you with cloth and charging a big premium for the leather seats.

In the end youā€™ll spend as much money as a Badlands and not be able to take it off road.

Seems like a silly choice. Might as well spend about the same money for a luxe SUV from someone else thatā€™s totally designed to never leave the suburbs and valet parking lot downtown.

Like i said, just my take on it.
Respectfully, I disagree. You can take it off road. You just shouldn't go rock crawling with it

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since my wife is going to be driving this during the week and her income helps support the hefty payment, I want her to be involved in the decision. I showed her the pics of the various trims in the B&P and she liked the OBX w/o SAS Pckg as she didnā€™t like the tires and wheels....she preferred the standard wheels with the contrast. I am outfitting it with the 4.27 gearing which comes with the advanced 4WD system, leather trim and luxe pckg (if Iā€™m spending $50k+ I might as well spend a little more). I also get the roof rack w/2.7 for our cargo box and ski rack. We rented a 2016 Jeep Sahara on Lanai a couple of weeks back and took it 4 wheeling. It handled the rocks and ruts very well actually. With a $55,000 rig, itā€™s not going to get close to off road bashing anyway

Last edited:

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep seeing posters trashing the outer banks trim. Why? Iā€™m not trying to hide that Iā€™m a poser, itā€™s going to be a daily driver that I take camping in Florida a few times a year. What am I missing?
Its not what I'm getting but I considered it because of the interior. I like the colors. Maybe I'm the only one, but who cares, I like it.

I do not like the matching color fenders simply because I tend to scratch things and get them dirty. I think the black, grey, whatever color unpainted ones will look better longer.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doesn't look manly enough I guess. I rather like it, aside from the wheels, which I don't care for.

Hell, we are all posers. I'm buying a 10 year old's dream, now that I'm almost 60.

I think with the painted fenders, it looks a bit flat in the 4dr version, but that's just my opinion. I think a contrasting fender color would look cool on them. I like the interiors of the OB really well actually.
Wheels and fenders would be my first swap outs if I wasn't getting BB. I was back and forth on the B&P between them.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The same reason youā€™ll find Sahara haters on Jeep forums. The trim is aimed towards comfort with some sacrifice to capability.

Which realistically is the best trim for the actual eventual use of most Wrangler and probably Bronco buyers, so nothing wrong with it.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs