Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going WT here and adding the armor. I flirt with the SBD of the BL all the time, and if that was the only difference I'd switch to BL in a heartbeat. What it comes down to for me is sport mode, cloth seats (I HATE leather and vinyl in the heat), and black>gray bumper with cyber orange.

So to me, why pay an extra ~$3000 for a sway bar and take 3 big hits? Im sure aftermarket will come out with a disco. Now of I end up a MY22 and go green instead of CO the BL is back in play if I throw on seat covers and get over sport mode.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak vs Squached Badlands for Desert Running Yarp
Sponsored

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Ford had speced the Wildtrak with IRS, Fox suspension, and Torsen differentials, it could have been a true desert runner. It just doesn’t have any tangible benefit over the Badlands for doing what it says it was designed to do. I would get the Badlands 2.7 with Sasquatch, you don’t have to use the sway bar disconnect, but at least it’s there if you ever do want to try it out.

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
are you sure Sport mode (f150) is 4 high? I don't think it is

Ford Bronco Wildtrak vs Squached Badlands for Desert Running Yarp
That's on the previous gen Raptor. I watched a walkaround video of a new 2021 F150 and when it was put into Sport mode it automatically shifted to 4 high.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's on the previous gen Raptor. I watched a walkaround video of a new 2021 F150 and when it was put into Sport mode it automatically shifted to 4 high.
Possibly 4A but not 4H. Sport mode is meant for the road, 4H is not. My Raptor going to Sport does not engage 4wd at all. Now you can engage both 4A or 4H while in Sport but it does not do it automatically.

Last edited:

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have been on Wildtrak since day one reservation - will be perfect for what I want in the Bronco. I think they are all sweet and you can not go wrong . . . but - for me - Badlands was never really even a consideration.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Possibly 4A but not 4H. Sport mode is meant for the road, 4H is not. My Raptor going to Sport does not engage 4wd at all. Now you can engage both 4A or 4H while in Sport but it does not do it automatically.
So with power being sent to the front and the back, but both being an open diff...why can't you use 4H?

I had fulltime 4x4 on my XJ so as long as the center transfer case allows for slippage between front and rear axles, 4H is totally doable.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get the Wildtrak. Or be like everyone else and get the Badlands, that has features you never described needing in your initial post.

Between the two I would get Wildtrak just not to be like everyone who says Badlands is the ultimate model.

Good luck on decision.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So with power being sent to the front and the back, but both being an open diff...why can't you use 4H?

I had fulltime 4x4 on my XJ so as long as the center transfer case allows for slippage between front and rear axles, 4H is totally doable.
4H locks the transfer case. You are fine in a straight line but don't try to turn on pavement. Your frontend will bind and you will break things. 4A the transfer case has a clutch pack that allows slip. No problem running on dry pavement. AWD and 4WD are completely different systems.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4H locks the transfer case. You are fine in a straight line but don't try to turn on pavement. Your frontend will bind and you will break things. 4A the transfer case has a clutch pack that allows slip. No problem running on dry pavement. AWD and 4WD are completely different systems.
Ya, I really don't get why the regular transfer case was even an option (other than just cost) because the advanced 4x4 transfer case is really the logical choice for the Bronco (with or without any locking differentials).

Although, I can understand why someone might feel that front and rear open differentials might be adequate for many people and use cases.

Personally, I certainly would have welcomed a torsen front differential, in addition to the locking rear differential with the advanced 4x4. That certainly would cover the needs of just about everyone short of the rock crawling crowd.

However, I think that it's overboard to offer the open, torsen, and front differentials as options. So I do understand Ford's strategy with regard to the drive train options other than the standard 4x4 and open differentials all the way around.
Sponsored