Sponsored

BRONCO 2.7 Stalled and left me Stranded!!!!

sdchrisp

Black Diamond
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand. I'm a Ford Warranty admin. Besides the earlier valve issues, I've seen very little trouble out of the 2.7L Bronco.

It's a new thing, with new problems, and your dealer will get it sorted out. 🍻
Question for you, as a Ford Warranty Admin: What's the best extended warranty to get? And is it better to get it upon the purchase of the Bronco, or wait until your limited warranty expires?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You either go insane, die young, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. :ROFLMAO:
My wife loved our Disco 11 & I hated it. That thing had so many ghost in it from the shift interlock solenoids, to the headlights going out when you hit a bump or turned on the radio. It left puddles of power steering & trans fluid everywhere it went regardless how often we "fixed it" Ate windshields like no tomorrow so I'm prepped for my Bronco in that regard.
I got revenge on it though. Traded that lemon during cash for clunkers & it got squashed :cool:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaking of Land Rovers and dependability, I checked out a couple of Helderburg 110s a few months back. If I only had the money. I'd be pretty pissed if I got one of those and it broke down, but maybe that's why they were selling the pair.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello Bronco family, today I took my 22 Wildtrak to some nearby trails and it was doing great until it stalled on an incline and wouldnt start over any more!! It was asking for a “Manual Start”? I couldnt find any where on how to do that. Its an Automatic. I am very disappointed that this happen, I have lost trust in my Bronco to take out again. Smh! What can I do about this? Has anybody had this happen?
If it happens again, try disconnecting the leads (both, all) from the battery and wait a half hour or so. It's not a truck, it's a mobile computing device.

There is info in the user's manual about starting in gear from a stall, but it's all for a manual transmission. Guessing you have auto.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, you can't. But I don't get in an airplane if I don't trust it and I don't drive off the beaten path if I don't trust my vehicle. I'm OK with the risk that anything could break down, but I'm not OK with the certainty that it will. I do too much crazy stuff to know I'm going to be stranded or worse. I like to think I have a chance.

Now, my swiss GMT watch currently works, but not correctly, so it's not even correct twice a day like it would be if it was broken. I just stare at the sun and guess.
Even a broken watch is correct twice a dayđź‘Ť

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it happens again, try disconnecting the leads (both, all) from the battery and wait a half hour or so. It's not a truck, it's a mobile computing device.

There is info in the user's manual about starting in gear from a stall, but it's all for a manual transmission. Guessing you have auto.
Could you unplug the computer and blow in it? LOL

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could you unplug the computer and blow in it? LOL
Uh, nope. Could reduce current flow. Need to blow on the exhaust tips.

Seriously though, a hard reboot is worth a try. The half hour wait is excessive, but would be fairly sure to drain charge from any caps in the system.

Lovin' your FJ, by the way. I can't fit into the damn things or I would be sporting one as well. (Before the Bronco anyways.)

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh, nope. Could reduce current flow. Need to blow on the exhaust tips.

Seriously though, a hard reboot is worth a try. The half hour wait is excessive, but would be fairly sure to drain charge from any caps in the system.

Lovin' your FJ, by the way. I can't fit into the damn things or I would be sporting one as well. (Before the Bronco anyways.)
I know the day my Bronco gets delivered will be bitter sweet. I love my FJC but the 2 door Bronco is calling me. It's on dirt mountain waiting on some chip....

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Question for you, as a Ford Warranty Admin: What's the best extended warranty to get? And is it better to get it upon the purchase of the Bronco, or wait until your limited warranty expires?
I might not be the best source for this answer. I got into a heated discussion with someone about this very subject a while back. To me, someone who does NOT make a single penny off of it, Ford ESP is the way to go. I've seen ESP pay big money on repair orders. The argument the other person had was that they're nothing but pure profit, and nobody ever uses them, and that my experience was "nostalgic" and that I lack the big picture. I can only speak for what I see, and what I see is that ESP can be a very good investment. Just take heed, you may invest in it and never need it.

As for when to buy, I'm not sure the best time. I think it is probably cheaper the earlier you buy it, at least the last time I looked at the chart.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

F376E30C-FE5D-4382-8428-F9B67BE8F67E.jpeg

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 BRONCO, 89GRANDWAGONEER, 2014WRANGLER, 07FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my 2.3 went dead the day after I drove it home 1500 miles for texas. Was a loose harness. Happens.

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP, so you mentioned the Bronco was scanned an "cleared the check engine light". What was the OBD II MIL code from the reader?

As someone stated earlier in the thread, modern cars are rolling computers. Understanding the code is the first step in diagnosis.

How much fuel was in the fuel tank?
The scanner wouldnt give us a correct code and I had just filled up with 91 octane, Bronco is down right now with a full $120 worth of gas.
Sponsored