Sponsored

BRONCO 2.7 Stalled and left me Stranded!!!!

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bro, you don't have to be so dramatic. It's a mechanical thing, and occasionally mechanical things break., even when they're new.

Maybe I'm just jaded, I've driven mostly Land Rovers.

But still. Not a huge deal bud.
If you've driven Land Rovers mostly, then you are no stranger to engine issues. Lol.
My Uncle had a Range Rover and was the biggest piece of garbage i've ever seen. Block ended up having a crack in the block at 90k miles.
Sponsored

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bro, you don't have to be so dramatic. It's a mechanical thing, and occasionally mechanical things break., even when they're new.

I'd be pretty annoyed if my bronco stopped working while off-roading haha

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I get you, im just all bummed out right now. Waited all this time
I understand. I'm a Ford Warranty admin. Besides the earlier valve issues, I've seen very little trouble out of the 2.7L Bronco.

It's a new thing, with new problems, and your dealer will get it sorted out. 🍻

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you've driven Land Rovers mostly, then you are no stranger to engine issues. Lol.
My Uncle had a Range Rover and was the biggest piece of garbage i've ever seen. Block ended up having a crack in the block at 90k miles.
About par for the course. Owning a Land Rover is like a love story about having Stockholm Syndrome.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think he's being dramatic at all. just stating what happened. I do most of my wheeling solo in places there are few people and no cell service. I have to trust my vehicle. If I don't, I have no reason to own it. If it strands me, there better be a clear reason why and the 100% satisfaction that it was fixed.

Now, if you're cruising the mall or the more frequented tourist trails, then by all means embrace a vehicle that is not reliable. Rides and tows are a dime a dozen.

OP
OP
RedThor

RedThor

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think he's being dramatic at all. just stating what happened. I do most of my wheeling solo in places there are few people and no cell service. I have to trust my vehicle. If I don't, I have no reason to own it. If it strands me, there better be a clear reason why and the 100% satisfaction that it was fixed.

Now, if you're cruising the mall or the more frequented tourist trails, then by all means embrace a vehicle that is not reliable. Rides and tows are a dime a dozen.
Well said, Thank You!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well said, Thank You!

I just got back from a 9 day, 3600 mile trip to the Clearwater NF in Idaho. In 5 days there I saw one other vehicle and was never in cell service. Not the place to break down, or take it lightly.

I plan to be in Montana in August in an area far from cell service and will be pretty disappointed if i see anyone else while there. Not a place to break down.

But, 30 minutes from my home I'm wheeling in an area with no cell service, and even though it's close to home I still prefer to trust my vehicle when I know the walk is a long one.

Last edited:

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Well you can never truly trust a mechanical thing, can you? Whether it be a swiss watch, an airplane, or a Ford Bronco? I get that there is a certain expectation that something is new, it should work. But no matter if a car has 1 mile, or a million, there's always another shoe waiting to drop.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well you can never truly trust a mechanical thing, can you? Whether it be a swiss watch, an airplane, or a Ford Bronco? I get that there is a certain expectation that something is new, it should work. But no matter if a car has 1 mile, or a million, there's always another shoe waiting to drop.

No, you can't. But I don't get in an airplane if I don't trust it and I don't drive off the beaten path if I don't trust my vehicle. I'm OK with the risk that anything could break down, but I'm not OK with the certainty that it will. I do too much crazy stuff to know I'm going to be stranded or worse. I like to think I have a chance.

Now, my swiss GMT watch currently works, but not correctly, so it's not even correct twice a day like it would be if it was broken. I just stare at the sun and guess.

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now, my swiss GMT watch currently works, but not correctly, so it's not even correct twice a day like it would be if it was broken. I just stare at the sun and guess.
That sounds like the clock in my Aveo. That thing is a different and still incorrect time every time I turn the key.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To the OP,
I hope they are able to get it sorted for you soon. Keep us posted on cause & cure ;)

Yeah, that will toughen you up or drive you insane :unsure:

About par for the course. Owning a Land Rover is like a love story about having Stockholm Syndrome.
Come on guys, Land Rovers are great. 9 out 10 are still on the road today....The other one made it home ;)
Sponsored