Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Any estimates as to how many Broncos are ordered but unbuilt?
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 months of decreases. What's going on? Does Ford need more manufacturing engineers to keep machines and personnel running efficiently?

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you have roughly 13k unsold Broncos ytd...Im sure about 75% of the 13k Broncos sitting on dealer lots have gargantuan ADM attached to them mainly collecting dust. Ford could have filled 13k customer orders/reservations and you’d have 13k brand ambassadors talking you up.
You've clearly not calculated the 1000's sat in lots around Michigan. I'm personally on my 139th day "in production"

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You've clearly not calculated the 1000's sat in lots around Michigan. I'm personally on my 139th day "in production"
Are those counted as produced though? Technically in my eyes they’re not complete.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I "think" these sales numbers don't take into account other markets, only US? Maybe Canada? Aren't they also being sold now in the Middle East and Mexico?

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They moving everything over to the woke environmental disaster EV side.
Fords creating over 80,000 new blue collar jobs for Americans with those new plants. Who cares if they are building ice or ev vehicles or hand painting big rubber dongs? That's 80,000 more Americans being lifted up the middle class by their boot straps. Get over yourself

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, that's really bad when you consider that April was already down 17% from March. I wonder if Ford is trying to allocate resources for the Lightning now that Bronco demand has cooled off ever so slightly.
Nothing to do with Bronco demand...if a 'chip' is needed to build a Lightning, or Mach-E, or an eTransit, it will go to them first.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To make you feel worse ~110k built overall. (I'm a day 6 reservation and no build date...)
I need to put my "Left for Dead" quote back in my sig. The golden ticket is not soo golden at the moment.

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those without their Bronco's getting built being a day one or two reservation-it seems like the issue is your trim level you ordered-Wildtracks seem to be the most affected by this. i have a friend who is still waiting for his, but his wife's Outer Banks came in April.

It took me about eight months to get my reorder of a loaded Big Bend, but I left off the towing package to get it sooner.

Nope. 2 door, manual badlands here. Got an initial build date finally for 5/9, but it's moved back every week for 5 weeks strait now. Ford now says 6/6

Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reality has sunk in. I'm just hoping for price protection for when I have to reorder for MY23. Doesn't look like that's going to happen though. Didn't order until 2022.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nope. 2 door, manual badlands here. Got an initial build date finally for 5/9, but it's moved back every week for 5 weeks strait now. Ford now says 6/6
mine did the same thing-expected build week of March 28 and wasn’t built till May 16th.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are those counted as produced though? Technically in my eyes they’re not complete.
To be "produced" it must be 100% parts content associated to the VIN. End-user visibility to this is shown with the status still being "in production".

There was a comment earlier about finishing building the MY21 and MY22 orders next year and that's also a fallacy. Production must take place in the model year it is part of. There are many NHTSA regulatory changes every year and even having a rig sit in the lot 99.9% built, if they finish the vehicle in MY23 it will be subject to all MY23 regulatory requirements which would be ruinously complex to administer while the rig is not on a streamlined assembly line.

It is for this reason that I believe all of the Broncos stuck "in production" due to missing chip content will simply have resources thrown at them before the end of MY22 so that they comply with NHTSA regs for MY22. If i'm wrong on this, i'd love to be a fly on the wall of that meeting where they go over all of the minor little changes and how they can possibly administer them or just scrap the entire vehicle due to economies of scale.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you have roughly 13k unsold Broncos ytd...Im sure about 75% of the 13k Broncos sitting on dealer lots have gargantuan ADM attached to them mainly collecting dust. Ford could have filled 13k customer orders/reservations and you’d have 13k brand ambassadors talking you up.
well yeah but big dealers gotta have that allocation formula...

If you're a week 1 reservation holder and have yet to be scheduled the fact that Ford has built 60%+ of their supposed 190k+- orders is nothing short of a slap in the face.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe they’re having issues with the manual. all but 3 manuals got pushed out of my week.

I’m a 2dr manual badlands too. Mine got pushed 3wks but was built at the end of April. Sadly all the builds in the second half of April got Put on hold. They’ve only just now started to trickle off hold.

Finally got a built email 6wks after my build week. Expecting it to be at the dealer next week (local) but now I have the stress of the buying process with price protection and all. It’s been a stressful process from the start but I’ll be ecstatic when my truck is with me.
Sponsored