Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Metal contracts when it’s cold and expands as it warms up. It seems as though cold temperatures contract a part/parts enough to cause a tolerance issue and initially expose the sound being heard. That’s my guess at least.
Or could be that the fluid is thicker when cold and doesn't flow as well. But I think it is probably a combination of the 2.
Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Last edited:

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford is more interested in minimizing a class action suit. In relation to some other quality issues I've experienced with my Bronco, based on some of the communications I have received in the last few days from both the dealership and the obnoxious bots who keep inserting themselves into quality conversations here, Ford could not possibly care less about the perceptions of individual buyers or after sales are finalized, the overall quality of the vehicles they produce.
Are you saying that Abby, Ford Social Media Team, is an obnoxious Ford bot? ......" obnoxious bots who keep inserting themselves into quality conversations here"

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure but I wonder if it's faster getting a new transmission than it is getting them to fix the existing one. I'm hoping they'll give me an ETA by tomorrow.
Was told yesterday I'm getting a new transmission. Should be here by the end of March. I asked.....March? this year?

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was told yesterday I'm getting a new transmission. Should be here by the end of March. I asked.....March? this year?
Is yours torn down or are you still driving it?

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is yours torn down or are you still driving it?
Still driving it!! The Transmission person that did the diagnosis, and Ford, both said it's OK to drive. I'm definitely doing damage to the transmission by driving it. But the Transmission person (and they said Ford agreed) said it wasn't "that bad" of an issue. And would be safe to drive even tho I was damaging the transmission. And that if the grinding noise gets really really bad, and the Bronco starts to buck (haha) that I should probably stop driving it. Doesn't sound right to me...but I've never had a bad transmission in any other vehicle before until now.....

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still driving it!! The Transmission person that did the diagnosis, and Ford, both said it's OK to drive. I'm definitely doing damage to the transmission by driving it. But the Transmission person (and they said Ford agreed) said it wasn't "that bad" of an issue. And would be safe to drive even tho I was damaging the transmission. And that if the grinding noise gets really really bad, and the Bronco starts to buck (haha) that I should probably stop driving it. Doesn't sound right to me...but I've never had a bad transmission in any other vehicle before until now.....
I am a bit paranoid, make sure you have the “okay” to drive it in writing

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will say this. I for one am glad the Bronco isn’t our primary vehicle, and our others are mostly Toyotas.

I knew I was rolling the dice getting back into a Ford.
Is yours not drivable? If it’s not I’d continue to drive it.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I need to call the dealer and see if they have estimates on when the back ordered parts will be in. I feel like it’s been a couple months now since they ordered them for my 2023.

Edit: Sounds like all parts are in except for 2. They said looks like one will be here next week but there’s the other that has no ETA and there’s 300+ back ordered now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s how ford designed it to be. It’s a purpose build off roader, they make noises…

turbotaz

Badlands
First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 7mt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several have mentioned the roll pin. But 76 scheduled to be shipped? Are they making each one by hand? That’s nuts. A roll pin is not a specialized part.
Add me to the list waiting for the "roll pin". Parts ordered end of December, and this is the only piece missing.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s how ford designed it to be. It’s a purpose build off roader, they make noises…
No you're 100% right -- it's SO weird that the rest of the truck doesn't make ANY noise at all! Literally 0 dB! That's the only reason we can hear the transmission disintegrating with every drive!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think that should be the new Ford quality slogan: It's not that bad. 🫤

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yikes!
Today they let me know that the transmission is on "back order" and they're not sure how long it will take. The customer service person said they would try to get the new transmission expedited.

The $1,200 markup stings even more since I only had the car in my possession for 48 hours.
Still, I'm hoping for the best. 🤢
Sponsored

Last edited: