First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
12/13 - 3/1 for mine, TSB completed & other issues as well.
Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow has your truck been at the dealership that long?
Interestingly enough I just checked the app and it's moved foe rhe first time in 4 weeks. Looks like it's inside the building now. Maybe I'm closer than I realise

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer said it’s waiting on 2 parts for the TSB. One with an ETA of this week, the other had no ETA and 300+ quantity already back ordered, so they couldn’t really give me an estimate. They documented and ordered the parts back in January to give you a time idea.

FYI mines a 2023 and if they requested to keep my Bronco or replace the whole transmission I would have refused and went somewhere else.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer said it’s waiting on 2 parts for the TSB. One with an ETA of this week, the other had no ETA and 300+ quantity already back ordered, so they couldn’t really give me an estimate. They documented and ordered the parts back in January to give you a time idea.

FYI mines a 2023 and if they requested to keep my Bronco or replace the whole transmission I would have refused and went somewhere else.
Why wouldn't you have wanted the whole transmission changed out? Is it better to just get the tsb done? I wonder if it's easier to get a new transmission than it is to get the individual parts for one.

Last edited:

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's a unacceptably long time to have your car sitting at a dealership. Did they provide you with a rental for the duration of the repair? I hope they gave you a Ford keychain for your troubles lol. It sucks to hear all of these horror stories. My car has only been at the dealership for 10 days and it's already been painful for me.

Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why wouldn't you have wanted the whole transmission changed out? Is it better to just get the tsb done? I wonder if it's easier to get a new transmission then it is to get the individual parts for one.
Seems like most people (at least on here) that have had the full transmission replaced end up having the noise again. Other than random internet screenshots, I don’t think anyone who’s posted in this thread has had the TSB done and had the noise come back, or I missed it since I don’t follow this thread daily.

Just feel like trans swap is the dealer calling it in (less labor, less mess, less time your vehicle is taking up a bay, not following the TSB, etc.).

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the consensus here is that this grinding issue is primarily affecting vehicles in colder weather I'm just wondering are there any members here that live in warm weather claiming to have the issue as well or only cold weather members?
Yep, mine started when it was 68 degrees out.
Mine is heard when hot, when cold, after long drive, after short drive....always

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems like most people (at least on here) that have had the full transmission replaced end up having the noise again. Other than random internet screenshots, I don’t think anyone who’s posted in this thread has had the TSB done and had the noise come back, or I missed it since I don’t follow this thread daily.

Just feel like trans swap is the dealer calling it in (less labor, less mess, less time your vehicle is taking up a bay, not following the TSB, etc.).
Hard Donald Trump WRONG! noise has been related to performance issues. Get it to the dealer ASAP. No time to watse.DO NOT SIT ON IT.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took it on on12/26 waited till mid Feb before it started grinding in 2nd for no reason. Ford sitting on it now. Take yours in now.

Last edited:

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford is WRONG it is not temperature related. Take it in if it makes the noise or you might be screwef later on. DO NOT SIT ON THEM EVEN IF PERFORMANCE IS NOT AN ISSUE! it will be well before 100k.

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why wouldn't you have wanted the whole transmission changed out? Is it better to just get the tsb done? I wonder if it's easier to get a new transmission than it is to get the individual parts for one.
TSB AND TANS do not fix the issue as of yet there has been mention of a part redesign on synchronizer gears but if you guys keep sitting on your repairs and not takin them to the dealers there will be zero parts redesign and zero fixes so stop sitting on them just because you're okay with the noise take it to the dealer and get it documented.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't believe how many people are here like I can live with the noise SEVERAL NOISE COMPLAINTS HAVE BECOME PERFORMANCE RELATED.. take all your Bronco's to dealers ASAP. parts redesign on works word of mouth but if You all don't bring your broncos to your dealers then they just think it's a very isolated issue stop sitting on these

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't care if it's one month two months or 6 months before I get my Bronco back but the issue is you guys are sitting on your broncos. If it makes a noise .. ... that is not normal EVEN IF IT GOES AWAY AFTER BEING WARMED UP,,..
take it in. Stop being dumb and sitting on them because you're waiting for a fix. we need everybody documented and everybody reporting for Ford to give a f***. It will become a performance issue. It's been proven. Stop being fan Boyz.

Last edited:

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't care if it's one month two months or 6 months before I get my Bronco back but the issue is you guys are sitting on your broncos. If it makes a noise that should not be normal take it in. Stop being dumb and sitting on them because you're waiting for a fix we need everybody documented and everybody reporting for Ford to give a f***. It will become a performance issue. It's been proven. Stop being fan Boyz.
For real there are reports of people buying broncos at CarMax and returning them because they make the noise if you guys aren't part of the solution you're part of the problem bring them in stop sitting on them we need to flood Ford with repairs for them to give any damn at all. If your expectation is to spend 50 grand plus on something and be okay with these flaws I can sell you something that will give you a much better return, much faster and at a much deeper discount. I want my Bronco right now but I'm sitting in a loaner, I'm not going to accept that Bronco back until it's not flawed, makes no noise. Screw that. No a.songle Chevy, Nissan, ford or Honda has ever sounded like these. Make me a FORD FAN cause I'm like WTF boys?

Last edited:

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco