Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone know if the bash/skid plates are red on the production version because that looks pretty cool!

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm aware of the the Aux switches and their wiring back to the fuse box. I would rather the fog lights not be controlled via Aux. Down at the left knee are the headlights controls and fog lights. If the trim doesn't include fog lights due to other option (steel bumper), then the fog light control at the knee just gets a dummy switch with no wiring guts behind it. That is no bueno.
What if you can program the AUX switch to come on when the key is on? I know on the Jeeps, you can program when the AUX switches come on/off, not sure if Ford does this too, but would be cool to have the option.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow.. a little bumbed.. so adding on the Modular sounds like it also gets you the steal rear bumper... Great deal for $800... however, then you lose the Fog Lights. Adding lights after is not the issue... tying into the normal fog light switch in the dash is. Who wants to tie up an Aux switch for something that literally has a dedicated switch already in play.

I'll wait for the BP, but looks like I may keep my plastic bumpers and hope that aftermarket comes to the rescue and doesn't bend us over to bad in $$.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I try to get weird angles and shots that havent been posted.
Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here IMG_20201009_095514
Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here IMG_20201009_095514

Did you see any bump stops on that Squatch suspension? You know, the one everyone says are bigger than the stock suspension? If so, please get a picture of them.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone there tomorrow to ask questions?

I'd like to know if there are two or three different suspensions, and what exactly makes them different. Do the BL and the squatch use the same springs or not? If not, what's different? Spring rate, length, or both? Do they use the same Bilstein shocks or not? I'm tired of hearing they are basically the same or similar. They are either the same, or they are not.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'd like to know if there are two or three different suspensions, and what exactly makes them different. Do the BL and the squatch use the same springs or not? If not, what's different? Spring rate, length, or both? Do they use the same Bilstein shocks or not? I'm tired of hearing they are basically the same or similar. They are either the same, or they are not.
Those are good questions. A lot of times, the chassis engineers retune shocks when tires are changed, as well as for major chassis changes. Case in point - Raptor has different shock part numbers for the crew cab compared to the extended cabs, due to the difference in wheelbase and weights.

If that's the case here, not only would there be different shock tuning among Bilsteins (for 33 and 35" tire sizes, and then 2 door and 4 door), there is potentially several different shock tunes for the standard type shocks as well...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those are good questions. A lot of times, the chassis engineers retune shocks when tires are changed, as well as for major chassis changes. Case in point - Raptor has different shock part numbers for the crew cab compared to the extended cabs, due to the difference in wheelbase and weights.

If that's the case here, not only would there be different shock tuning among Bilsteins (for 33 and 35" tire sizes, and then 2 door and 4 door), there is potentially several different shock tunes for the standard type shocks as well...

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see different valving or spring length from 2dr to 4dr. Someone yesterday said the squatch shocks are longer than the BL shocks, which would be more than just valving, and to me not similar or basically the same. I'd also like to know spring rates and lengths, mostly to be able to compare apples to apples since we can't test drive each model to see how they ride and react. Seems like every answer we get just adds confusion on the matter.

Having a Tacoma, it get's downright frustrating separating out all the different suspension setups. Even driver and passenger spring length can be different on the same vehicle. I just want to know more than the basics, as I think many of the people interested in off road use do. I can't look at the different models and compare and I can't drive the different models and compare.

Reactions: N3T

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Already le
Did you see any bump stops on that Squatch suspension? You know, the one everyone says are bigger than the stock suspension? If so, please get a picture of them.
Already left venue and the pictures I posted are all I took.

Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rep I talked to about the Sasquatch suspension answered some of this. The springs are stiffer and the shocks are longer, AND there is a small spacer on the front shocks for Sasquatch.

Reactions: N3T

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rep I talked to about the Sasquatch suspension answered some of this. The springs are stiffer and the shocks are longer, AND there is a small spacer on the front shocks for Sasquatch.

So would YOU call that basically the same suspension, because that's Ford definition. Today they said, again, that they are basically the same.

IF the squatch has a higher spring rate AND a longer shock, why the need for a top plate spacer? I would assume a top plate spacer, but I would certainly have to ask as a spacer on the shock would be what?

If they are different, which I would expect them to be, why can't Ford just tell us that, instead of saying they are basically the same.
Sponsored

Last edited: