Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. Since the reservation deposit was with the dealer, they could refund the deposit for anyone who declined to order or was a non-contact, convert with the person's name still on the reservation, and then "no match" them when it was delivered. The "no match" was designed to protect them against cancellations, but they are definitely going to game the system. Unfortunately there will be Broncos on lots for sale before reservations are filled, something Ford guaranteed would not happen. Really sad for everyone waiting patiently and trying to follow the rules.
Ford needs to revisit this issue and tighten this up. I see the potential for a lot of abuse.
Dealers get penalized if more than 20% of Bronco's are sold to non-reservation holders.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer's get penalized if more than 20% of Bronco's are sold to non-reservation holders.
Absolutely. 20% is a ton of Broncos. Thats 1 out of every five they order potentially.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought 50% seemed realistic, and that may be close to the actual number of customer submitted orders.

If Ford is allowing for 20% of orders to be sold without names matching I'm sure a fair amount of dealers converted a number of their orders that people didn't want to get them to that 20% number.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers get penalized if more than 20% of Bronco's are sold to non-reservation holders.
And they will try to get 19% just so they can have broncos on the lots. Agreed it's BS they will have marked up lot units before all reservations are filled, but since it's a bit of an honor system and there is little honor left in this country that's the hand we're dealt.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealer's get penalized if more than 20% of Bronco's are sold to non-reservation holders.
20% is a lot of wiggle room hell itā€™s not even a wiggle itā€™s a wrestling ring. Thatā€™s why it should be tightened up.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, about what I expected. If people werenā€™t going to order they would have cancelled their reservation and got their $100 back. Most people still in the hopper intended to order. Of course a certain number were people who just didnā€™t pay attention or forgot and the dealers took advantage to convert theirs for their lots.

This probably translates to at least 133,000 orders. The 190k reservation number was released quite a while ago, and it would be conservative to say they only added 10k more to go over 200,000 reservations.

Itā€™ll be a long wait at most dealers if you werenā€™t a day 1 or day 2 reservation.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah - this is going to be interesting how the final allocation rolls out. If I had moved, I would have been hoping where I moved ended up with a higher allocation because I would have been outside. So, I went conservative, and stayed at my MSRP dealer because I was #37 in their initial allocation of 100. I know they had more orders than allocation, but not sure if they got to 66% of their total reservations (which was something like 300).

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
20% is a lot of wiggle room hell itā€™s not even a wiggle itā€™s a wrestling ring. Thatā€™s why it should be tightened up.
I could easily see 20% of legitimate orders walking away between orders and delivery. Should those dealers be penalized?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool! I voted 70% in the poll thread

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could easily see 20% of legitimate orders walking away between orders and delivery. Should those dealers be penalized?
Yes. Barring an economic collapse, they wonā€™t lose near that many. If they go over that they were gaming it with employee or sniped or abandoned reservations to get right up to the 20%.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m not in the auto industry but maybe one of the dealers here can comment on the percentage of people that do not purchase non-Bronco orders. I would be very surprised if it was over 5%.
Why do you see 20% of people who ordered walking away?

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess it is still a guessing game for all.:cool: Patience is a must to stay sane. LOL

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, 47% conversions + 19.75% cheats = 66.75% šŸ˜

I kid. Thatā€™s good for Ford though.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for sharing. Great for Ford but higher than many here expected. So, with 190k reservations this means about 126k converted. If we assume 66k reservations made in MY21 then that leaves Ford with 60k reservations to make for MY22. Thought somewhere we saw that 30% of reservations were made in first week and 30% of 190k is 57k so basically first week reservations are most likely to get a MY21.

...the mathematician over here
Ford Bronco 66.75% final order conversion rate for 2021 Bronco Rc376682ee95c470af51edf47e1051541

Pretty sure, as a dealer, they ordered from Ford
To be fair, B6G should issue DEALER badges to verified Ford dealership accounts here

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not in the auto industry but maybe one of the dealers here can comment on the percentage of people that do not purchase non-Bronco orders. I would be very surprised if it was over 5%.
Why do you see 20% of people who ordered walking away?
Because this site consists of 18K of the 190K reservations. We are the enthusiasts - and plenty of people here have cancelled. I can see the gen-pop losing patience and just grabbing a Taco/4Runner/Wrangler.

Ford is obviously expecting this too from their experience with orders / Mach-E. The 20% didn't just get pulled out of a hat. It was determined that that's a reasonable amount of shrink / ability to detect funny business.
Sponsored