P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Freedom Edition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same here wholesale change from 2 Dr base-sas to 4 dr badlands sas soft. Neither is perfect but something is better than nothing.
The funny thing is Ford will actually make more money off of me since I'll be buying an accessory hardtop from them and probably paying the dealership to install it in 2023 or whenever those actually come available ...
Sponsored

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, another year of "Did you get your Bronco yet?"-At least I can keep saving-up for that bigger down payment...if my F-150 can last another year :rolleyes:

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So Ford's plan is pretty aggressive for new tops...what happens if they run into production issues with them and they slip 60-90 days...they have 2K 2021 Broncos that can't be sold as new because they are 2021MY and those said units are sitting in a dirt lot for 4-6 months?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bring back an updated FJ, (that you can actually see out of)!
I didn't think the visibility was that much different- Windshield is slightly better (can see stoplights) Rear quarter better... Rear window about the same. Having blind spot monitoring on the Bronco is a huge plus compared to the FJ.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So Ford's plan is pretty aggressive for new tops...what happens if they run into production issues with them and they slip 60-90 days...they have 2K 2021 Broncos that can't be sold as new because they are 2021MY and those said units are sitting in a dirt lot for 4-6 months?
nothing says they can't sell MY2021 cars in 2022

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not really “Homie”. The FAQ says if your date has already passed they will prioritize and replace as they can. Ok, I get that, however, the Awareness Communications Memo says this whole thing only applies to units built between 1/28 and 7/21, thus my question about those built SINCE 7/21.

But thanks for your reply, homie.
The memo you had only applies to vehicles already delivered. Your answer is in the FAQ. Your vehicle will not be delivered until Ford has a good top for it.

• My vehicle build date has passed: No action is required; your vehicle is unfortunately impacted by the above customer satisfaction action and is at Michigan Assembly Plant awaiting a replacement roof. We will prioritize the oldest units first and will send you more detailed delivery timing updates in September based on your VIN.
  • My Bronco with a molded-in-color hardtop is scheduled for production: No action is required; your vehicle is unfortunately impacted by the above customer satisfaction action. We need to replace all existing molded-in-color hardtop roofs before we can make any new hardtop Broncos. You’ll be updated via email on your vehicle timing by early October.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup, I'm really not sure why anyone thinks these FEs will be worth anything. The only thing special about them is how hard we're getting fucked, and that doesn't exactly increase value
The only thing special about FEs is lightning blue, and black interior.

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So because I'm scheduled for production I can't change to a soft top, but because of the issue I'm not really scheduled for production and will get an email telling me I'm screwed sometime in October. NIce!

Yes , it sounds exactly like this for us VIN holders. I really thought that making it under the wire before the end of May was a blessing. It has been nothing but a curse. Three days after the last regular schedule in May and they send out the first constraints and MIC top problems email and leaks. But don't worry, dealer stock and late orders are still gonna get shipped out with soft tops. You, me, and everyone else in the 7/26, 8/16, 8/30, 9/.............. group are still Getting pumped Staying pumped because we are "in line" and commodities have been secured for our builds. S#!^ F%@& D@*^

Sponsored

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a late reservation holder I knew what I was getting into. From my perspective I'm just glad the situation is being addressed and there is a game plan to move forward.

Also people worried about their trucks sitting outside, most new vehicles don't come fresh off the assembly line. I understand the frustration but I doubt the Broncos will be in any worse shape that a new vehicle that sits on a dealer lot for a couple months.

Dangerranger

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blame Covid, blame Webasto, whatever. This vehicle has been in development for YEARS and Ford is just determining now, roughly 8 months AFTER this vehicle should have been in full production, that the supplier they chose cannot build the hard tops in a satisfactory manner? I blame Ford.
Exactly correct it’s all a big blame game, and this is going to cost them in the long run. Don’t kid yourself people want Shit now not tomorrow

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My blend date was 8/4. The memo today states anything built prior to July 21. Does that mean I’m good to go, or does that mean I still received a bad MIC top and needs replaced?

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced oh-boy-here-we-go-again
I think this notice is supposed to go to current owners (i.e., cars that have already shipped). I think this means that they have not shipped any hardtop cars that were built after 7/21.

FloridaGal

Badlands
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Landrover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a WIn Win for Ford.. No MIC's for 4 months, can make plenty of 4D soft tops to put on dealer lots, while holding MIC order holds hostage..
@Ford Motor Company it would be nice if those with VINs and no production yet could opt for a dual top-- get built with the soft top and you deliver us the hardtop when it is ready through our dealership. That way we get our Bronco sooner (or build it and throw the soft top in complimentary as good will and deliver hard top when it's ready).
Sponsored