Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until everyone realizes how battery constrained Ford will be and buying the skateboards from Volkswagen runs into snags. The Lightning launch will probably suffer the same fate. Ford is struggling to make Mach E’s as well…
I’m assuming they’re going to have similar constraints. But I reserved in the first 30 mins so I’m not as worried. I’ll probably get a Lightning before I can get a bronco.
Sponsored

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So those of us that submitted an order for a ‘21 after March 19 get no guarantee of price lock? Ford was happy to take our $100 and dealers taking our deposits for 2021’s. If my dealer amends my price up when I get my ‘22 order in I’m out
My dealer did not ask for a deposit other than the $100, but ya, the point is I reserved and ordered in April on the promise that it would be available in early 2022. Its looking like they cant meet that promise, the least they can do is honor the price I agreed to pay (just under list). Easy to do the right thing, hopefully they do it.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Someone may have answered this already, but has anyone tried to switch to a Soft top? I am happy to take a soft top with delivery soon, and then I can just buy my own hardtop later. Is that a possibility?
yes that is what they said yesterday and for a little while now is the best solution if you want it as soon as possible. although that is not the only factor involved, it does better your chances at a MY21

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This was covered very clearly. Read the message from Ford.
While changing order to a soft top was covered, they did not specify whether a change would get you a '21 or simply move up the line for '22's. Also I think Ford has missed the boat with this. They really just need to offer a soft top to anyone that ordered a hard top with no direct change in order or price (dual top). It seems like that option could satisfy many more than simply adding the hard top hardware and then having to pay additional for the hard top. I'm fine waiting but Ford really needs to step up for early reservation/order holders.

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Updated by Administrator with full FAQ and Customer Satisfaction Program info.

Full Order Holder FAQ:

Order-Holder-FAQ-1.jpg
Order-Holder-FAQ-2.jpg
Order-Holder-FAQ-3.jpg
Order-Holder-FAQ-4.jpg
Order-Holder-FAQ-5.jpg

Awareness Communication - Upcoming Customer Satisfaction Program 21B49
(Certain 2021 Model Year Bronco Equipped with a Hard Top Roof Roof Panel Delamination)

CSP-21B49-awareness-communication.jpg

Some extra info from @PREMiERdrum

All new tooling and an altered design. It became quite clear that even when manufactured exactly to spec that the design was flawed.

The timeline here is optimistic, but the right move nonetheless.

No. MIC hardtop production for unscheduled First Edition builds will resume late this year with the updated hardtop design. I wouldn't expect this until probably November, as the new tooling still needs to be completed, installed, and tested before production of the new hard tops can begin. Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.

Hey, you have every right to be a dick. This has been a mess.

The design issue is the unfinished edges. Initially, these were to be treated and sealed but it was never successful. The "coating" applied at the plant lasted for about a week, if that. The other issues plaguing the MIC top - thickness of outer ply, uniformity of material thickness, and forming issues within the clamshell - were perhaps made more challenging by the tooling but not necessarily impossible. This new design and tooling should aid in ALL these factors.

As for the 8/2 "full speed" production, that was the plan. Heels were firmly dug in on the engineering of the top and all fingers were pointed towards Plymouth. There was hope that the "best" of the roof units being delivered to MAP could at least be used to complete FE and stranded builds, but as more and more units were evaluated, it became clear that it was a bigger liability to release more of these out into the wild than to just scrap the thing and start over.

Like I said last night, this move HURTS... especially the "bad batch" crew of 2,200+ builds stuck at MAP, but it's absolutely the best way to address it at this juncture. A LOT of these headaches could have been alleviated by pulling the plug when the first issues became apparent, but that's not where we are.

- A few hundred.

- Yes.

The design will look very much the same (and be the same color, to those of you asking). Main points to address in the update:

- Rolled /finished edges where there were formerly raw cuts.
- Thicker, more uniform outer layer of material.
- Improved injection process to fix forming issues in the clamshell.

Also, I've seen several people asking why they can't just get their truck now with a bad roof and replace it later. Two huge problems will prevent that from happening:
- Ford doesn't want any more "bad" units running around beyond the few hundred already out there.
- They want no part of shipping any more of these things than they already have to. Freight is going be enormous on them and there is a substantial risk of damage while shipping. I doubt they have a packaging and logistics plan for them but I can imagine it's going to be incredibly costly.

No - the entire roof assembly is being replaced. This is being described this way as they won't ship the "replacement kits" to the dealers with the glass in place. It will need to be installed in the new cap by the dealer.

Note:

Lots of people are assuming this means a new supplier, but I don't have any confirmation of that. Update from @Nickp , the following is correct: From what I can tell, this new tooling for the MIC hardtops is being designed and paid for by Ford and will be installed at the Plymouth plant for Webasto to produce.

The MOD tops coming in 23 are from a new supplier that has yet to be publicly identified.

Further info from @Nickp: My contact at Ford reached out, and basically summed it up that they need to make sure that these things are ready for the adventures that we are going to put them through. The current hardtop and the quality offered just don't reach that standard, so they are just putting the kibosh on any more going into circulation before they fix the root of the problem. As outlined above, the fewer hard tops they have to ship around the country the better. When the new tops are being built, they are going to FiFo the current sitting orders. Basically, the ones that were built first will be the first to get tops and get sent on out to their final destination. While the ones that are currently built are being sent on their way, the goal will be to get people with a hardtop Bronco in their possession already the new top, along with finishing up the first editions and already scheduled builds. It's not ideal, but this is "THE" solution that will be the only thing to fully fix things.
How about Ford waives the delivery fee on every affected vehicle instead of giving the Ford points which I don't want and my not ever use.

Sponsored

Deleted member 5064

My dealer did not ask for a deposit other than the $100, but ya, the point is I reserved and ordered in April on the promise that it would be available in early 2022. Its looking like they cant meet that promise, the least they can do is honor the price I agreed to pay (just under list). Easy to do the right thing, hopefully they do it.
Exactly, that’s all I’m asking for. I hope common sense prevails and they make us happy so we all can enjoy our trucks and the outdoors

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford send me my 2-door with a soft top) right now, or give me
If they leak every time it rains, do you really want one?
Yes, Ford can ship the broncos now with the bad top, it doesn't rain until they send the new mic.

OR they could put a soft top on it, won't leak, and ship it now.
So no one mentioned if/when we can order a MOD top!?!? I’d drop the MIC like a sack of potatoes if the MOD top became an option again for my FE.
2023 or later.

tshafer61

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes that is what they said yesterday and for a little while now is the best solution if you want it as soon as possible. although that is not the only factor involved, it does better your chances at a MY21
Sorry, I wasn't clear. My Bronco has been built and is sitting on the lot at MAP. Could I change to a soft top now and have them release the car?

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Within the first hour. I was originally #9 on my dealer's list, but as I understand it, due to dropouts and equipment selection, I ended up being #3 by the time orders were finalized. I was the first one to take delivery at my dealership on 7/20 - it seems possibly one of the first few in GA. There were 3~5 that showed up on the truck that day (heard a different number from different people). One belonged to an owner - he had to make a reservation too.
Nice!

Ya I believe i was roughly in the middle of the pack of 50 before I switched to the soft top last month. I asked my dealer where I was now and he said 3...I feel bad for the earlier res holders, but I'm hopeful they keep their hard top...

Sponsored

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My Bronco has been built and is sitting on the lot at MAP. Could I change to a soft top now and have them release the car?
then no you sadly cannot change anything. they made that clear in the messaging yesterday. here is a link to the little round table they had on youtube:

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone may have answered this already, but has anyone tried to switch to a Soft top? I am happy to take a soft top with delivery soon, and then I can just buy my own hardtop later. Is that a possibility?
I switched to soft top in June when the body color modular top was pushed to MY23. My dealer has my order on 99 priority until late Aug/early Sep to ensure that I get a soft top model with the hardtop connections, production of which begin in Sep. My plan is to buy the top I wanted when available, but I still have questions:
  • What will the body color modular roof cost?
  • By MY23 will there be any changes to the Bronco that might make the top different and not fit a MY21/22?
I do NOT want a soft top as a permanent solution. I need to be able to afford the top I want and the fitment must be correct.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 1628876800307

@Ford Motor Company. Take my money..... please.
Maybe sell me both and ship the HT when it is ready.
How about... Tell me what the HT will cost separately, so I can make an educated decision on switching.
oh oh... What about all orders in by 3/19/21, you promise to make the price of the HT the current cost of the SoftTop +$700.
Just spit balling ideas for those with HT and 4 doors

Chadesh

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just got an email saying I won't get.mine till 2022. Might just say heck with it and get an f150 or?

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got an email saying I won't get.mine till 2022. Might just say heck with it and get an f150 or?
Same here, I was pricing Wranglers this morning. I don't know if I can bring myself to buying a Jeep though.
Sponsored