First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be looking for that adjustable headrest as soon as it can be ordered. The stock headrest can't be adjusted and is way too far forward for my big head. I flipped it around, but now it's too far back and I might get whiplash in a collision.
I had the same issue with the Expedition. If you have a bench vise you can bend easily those mounting posts to get the headrest in just the right position for you. If your plan is to replace them anyway there's no harm in trying the free option and possibly save some money.

Last edited:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Ford announced they would have a WORK Bronco trim level, or Working Man, not sure of the name, but it was announced as a trim level for 24, or so it was talked about for 24. It would seem that this may not come to pass now, or maybe it will be later on into 24? That is what I was speaking on.
Ah got it! Went straight over my head.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll be looking for that adjustable headrest as soon as it can be ordered. The stock headrest can't be adjusted and is way too far forward for my big head. I flipped it around, but now it's too far back and I might get whiplash in a collision.
I must have a flat spot on the back of my head, I really do not notice the head rest.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pretty sure those are just possible future scenarios that were presented to the share-holders, hence the premium and + which translate to $$$.
Yes indeed, they were for share holders, it's just interesting how they went from potentially offering a 'work' version to 86-ing the Base. BTW, was in your part of the world a couple weeks ago at Fripp. Love that area of the state.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes indeed, they were for share holders, it's just interesting how they went from potentially offering a 'work' version to 86-ing the Base. BTW, was in your part of the world a couple weeks ago at Fripp. Love that area of the state.
If they do make a Work trim I imagine it'll be something like a 4-Door Base with no rear seats or carpet and sold for the same price.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i got an email from the after market company developing the bronco version that it was undergoing testing at ford a couple of months ago.
same company makes the jeep version.

thinking late availability ....
They've been testing it since the Bronco came out, I am waiting on one for the 2 door but I won't be holding my breath.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was gimped as much as possible with regards to features to force people into higher trims for "only a little bit more" and this scheme generally worked for Ford.
But it wasn't "a little bit more". It was "a lot bit more"

Like 5 grand more for a tow package or rear locker. That's a 17 % increase in price.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
F5
F5
F5

uggggg I just want to go to the dealer and spec out my build!

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a BL with MGV and took care of that problem by ordering a set of BL leather headrests. Look identical to the MGV but are adjustable.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If they do make a Work trim I imagine it'll be something like a 4-Door Base with no rear seats or carpet and sold for the same price.
Exactly, the 2door will live on as a adventure/sport utility truck sort of thing on the current 4door wheelbase. R.I.P. short wheelbase 2dr

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the manual still available?

Also, I find it very hard to imagine Ford killing off the Base model. That's their bread & butter. Its for the enthusiasts to buy and build up however they want.

If it is true that it's discontinued it's going to leave a very sour taste in people's mouths.

Not everyone cares about going up to Big Bend for the foglights, grab handle, "tinted" windows which aren't even tinted, it's colored glass, provides zero protection from heat.

The Base model is the EASIEST model to build since it doesn't have a bigger screen, etc. It literally has none of the 50+ options that are offered on other models.

I know this is a weird idea, but if you don't care about ever taking the top off or going off road why not just buy a Genesis GV70. Compared to the Bronco, the interior looks like a Bentley and it costs less.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Agreed! Coming from a gladiator to the bronco I noticed it immediately. Traded my badlands for a Wildtrak and the adjustable headrest was better but still not very comfortable. It may depend on the drivers height- I’m 6’2” and it can be an annoyance.
I must be built weird. I’m 6’4” and never noticed the headrest in a bronco, and only thing I’ve noticed in driving a JL was the cross bar seemed too close to my head. Now I’m probably going to obsess about it in the bronco.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My suggestion for anyone chomping at the bit to order. You better ask the dealer to show you their allocation in writing, by commodity and see how many of those spots are already filled or else you'll be reliving the '21-present nightmare others have.
Sponsored