First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since I ordered back in February my JK has required a new clutch slave, then a new clutch, then front brakes and rotors and now my ball joints seem to be going. I'm not showing my Jeep this latest Ford update.
Sponsored

Typhoid

Big Bend
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sooo my 2d, BB, Sas with MIC even being Carb grey ordered 2/12, no VIN or production date is 100% MY22 at the earliest now. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw it in 2023 at this point.

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So honest answer, are the cosmetic issues really that bad? Look at any cars paint that close will show imperfections. How close do you need to be to actually see the honeycomb?
Me when speaking to my dealer: "I expected better for $70k CAD"
Me when looking at it and driving it daily: " Who cares, it looks OK and I plan on taking the roof off each year and someone will dent the darn thing when it's in the garage anyway."

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sooo my 2d, BB, Sas with MIC even being Carb grey ordered 2/12, no VIN or production date is 100% MY22 at the earliest now. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw it in 2023 at this point.
Unfortunately, 2022 is the earliest you'll see it and I would not expect to see it until 2nd or 3rd quarter at the earliest... possibly 2023.

By then, maybe, a soft top will be an option.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to assume that someone from Ford that might have the ability to influence the process reads these posts and takes some interest in trying to take good suggestions and ideas and get them into production so that they build a better product. Hope I'm not wrong, but it's sure easy to see in hind sight the slow moving train wreck that this Bronco launch has been and it makes me really wonder what's going on on HQ.

All that said, could someone please attempt to convince Ford to do something different with this sound deadending headliner once they finally start making hard tops again? I've recently been in a couple of real Bronco's at the Texas Off-Rodeo, and I can assure you that they are a major disappointment. I can't imagine how frustrated I would have been to have actually paid $495 for this option, as it really looks like something I made myself after a trip to Home Depot for supplies. Very think and flimsy, and if you watch any of the Youtube videos where they are working with the top latch mechanism, any touch of that liner results in a shower of little chopped fiber bits. I'm sure your back seat would be covered with this fiber dust in a couple weeks.

They need to step up to the plate and offer a real, durable headliner, simliar to what you might find on a regular car, OR perhaps just mold the sound deadening into the panel directly or make it thicker and forget about trying to get a $495 option from customers on something that probably adds $35 in real cost to the Bronco.
Richard, the answer to this is www.hotheadheadliners.com. As soon as Mark can get his Bronco he will design a liner much better than the factory one. I have his liner in my Wrangler, and will have one in my OBX as soon as he gets it to market. His liners are better quality, thicker, and all at a better price point. I've decided to let Ford install their's since it's free. When the HotHead is out, I'll pull that POS out and replace it with the better option.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Burton86

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just a quick update.. I was finally able to get in touch with a rep w/ Ford and she told me that my personal Bronco has been built but it is being held for the MIC top issue.. Again, mine was built 6/16. I asked if they can switch it to a soft top and she said since it is produced or even if it was scheduled for production they couldn't change that option (I kind of figured that since I deal with that daily at our dealership but thought I would try). She did say they cannot ship it and will not be shipping any broncos that are currently being held with a bad MIC top. They will send out a email in September with an ETA, they are hoping to have a fix underway in October and hope to start shipping October/November for the bad MIC tops. Our store has yet to receive any Broncos and the only other ones scheduled right now are a mannequin base and one of our FE's.. So we won't be seeing one until the end of Sept beginning of October. Very frustrating situation, so again as a dealer trust me, we are just as pissed about this mess as any customer is.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So mine still reads in my dealer's system as 9/13 build but mine is a MIC. obviously the email last week is telling me i'm punted to a later build date or i guess it will be built and sit, but after spending 24 hours with a soft top i am fine with switching it to a soft top but they said they can't do it. Anyone know if its still possible to change with a build date and VIN?

Sorry brother, you're hosed. No changes can be made if you have a VIN. But remember, you're still in better shape than many of us here. Good luck, I hope you get your Bronco soon.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just a quick update.. I was finally able to get in touch with a rep w/ Ford and she told me that my personal Bronco has been built but it is being held for the MIC top issue.. Again, mine was built 6/16. I asked if they can switch it to a soft top and she said since it is produced or even if it was scheduled for production they couldn't change that option (I kind of figured that since I deal with that daily at our dealership but thought I would try). She did say they cannot ship it and will not be shipping any broncos that are currently being held with a bad MIC top. They will send out a email in September with an ETA, they are hoping to have a fix underway in October and hope to start shipping October/November for the bad MIC tops. Our store has yet to receive any Broncos and the only other ones scheduled right now are a mannequin base and one of our FE's.. So we won't be seeing one until the end of Sept beginning of October. Very frustrating situation, so again as a dealer trust me, we are just as pissed about this mess as any customer is.
I can't imagine how frustrating it is for dealers right now. People want infomation, and expect you to have all the answers when Ford itself doesn't even have the answers.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Axe

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry brother, you're hosed. No changes can be made if you have a VIN. But remember, you're still in better shape than many of us here. Good luck, I hope you get your Bronco soon.
yep seeing that, thanks. I guess they are just going to build them and add more to the parking lots. Oh well. But indeed one step closer. Wish I could have tried a demo if they had existed earlier a bit sooner as I would have converted it when it was offered two months back. What a mess. Not bothering me a ton having waited 14 months for my C8 corvette.

dsco

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

who gives us our 100 back on the reservation, dealers or Ford corporate?

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok now I know I won't get a Bronco until next spring I'm ready mentally to move on. Anyone have any decent links or intel to 2022 changes, colors, etc and when Ford might release the build details?
Thanks!
All we know for sure is:

-Mansquatch (manual+sasquatch)
-4-door sasquatch roof rack
-green color
-"special editions"

I think I'm missing something else, but those are the big confirmed ones.

"September" sometime seems to be the timeline for colors, but I don't know why they wouldn't give all '22 info then.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just spoke to Ford Marketing and I was told that Badlands are now specifically delayed and that if you do not have a production date at this point that you will receive a 22 model year.

She said that that the production dates for the 21s will last through September. All production after that will be for the 22 model year….

I honestly have little faith in any of the details at this point. Just sharing what I was told.
I think there is a bit of nuance to this-

Badlands with a VIN but maybe a missed or uncleared scheduled for production date are "expected" to be built in 2021. Production for 2021 extends into December, not September. ANY trim with hardtop without a VIN/scheduled date is going to be a 2022.

That is the way I interpret Ford's communications.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think there is a bit of nuance to this-

Badlands with a VIN but maybe a missed or uncleared scheduled for production date are "expected" to be built in 2021. Production for 2021 extends into December, not September. ANY trim with hardtop without a VIN/scheduled date is going to be a 2022.

That is the way I interpret Ford's communications.
That is correct. I think the rep was mistaken.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base