First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After reading your post I can tell Ford will never be able to make up for not being able to deliver a 2DR Bronco this year to you. I get it, Ford is to BLAME. The differences you have with Ford are irreconcilable. If you choose to buy a Bronco from Ford you are choosing to partner with a company that could not deliver on the manufacturer and delivery of a vehicle you wanted. Either accept that Ford is working hard to produce a quality product or move on. :)
He's passed away... RIP ElMystico

Saw that others pointed this out.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would you be surprised, they said re-tooled by the end of September?
It truly is fascinating that Bronco6G members appear to have such short memories and/or creative ones at that! lol
We'll see... A few weeks(ish) could be end of September. They would have to crank out a lot of perfect tops every day in order to meet the time line that they projected. It's a very aggressive timeline, and I don't think that they will make it, but I would absolutely love to be proven wrong.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's reassuring.... LOL. I can't say that I am even remotely surprised that they are not building production V2.0 tops yet.

So once the new tooling is in place, depending on what one believes, anywhere from 0-1000 hard tops a day will be produced. I am really tired of being a pessimist, but I just can't see them hitting anything above 500/day under even the best of circumstances. Someone suggested that they were at 300 bad tops per day sometime between late July and Early August... That would be phenomenal, if they were all good tops.

@PREMiERdrum, do you know how many tops they need to make (+/- 1000) to get all the FE's, DMSC, scheduled orders, and replacement tops to get back to not have any backlog for 2022?
There were 7000 FEs reserved. A few have been seen in customer driveways. The difference in sold vs build Broncos was approx 6000 to 13000 at the end of July per the sales report. Retail soft top order percentage was 9%. 18,000 would be in the ballpark.

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So honest answer, are the cosmetic issues really that bad? Look at any cars paint that close will show imperfections. How close do you need to be to actually see the honeycomb?
I use the “6 feet away” test used for kitchen cabinets. Yes, I can see the honey comb, rough edges and imperfections 6 feet away. to date, 3 weeks in, I have no leaks or clicks or rattles. And, Its a joy to drive.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new MIC tooling will be installed by September, relax.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks... I don't know why I wasn't feeling more at ease. ;) I guess that I will just Netflix and Chill until September (4 days)...

I mean, why worry, new tooling will be installed by September.

tenor.gif

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"by September"
LOL brilliant!
also means "in September".... at some point ...maybe later.

That qoute will probably stick around for a long, long time in the Bronco world.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The new equipment will all be installed by start of business tomorrow, right?

How many tops will be produced for the first week of September? (Will it be all of them?)

Webasto is on the job and I am feeling confident that resolution is soon at hand... ;)

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new equipment will all be installed by start of business tomorrow, right?

How many tops will be produced for the first week of September? (Will it be all of them?)

Webasto is on the job and I am feeling confident that resolution is soon at hand... ;)
To be precise on 2021-09-01 at 12:06:30 AM all MIC issues will be corrected!
😂

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be precise on 2021-09-01 at 12:06:30 AM all MIC issues will be corrected!
yeah....even the customers with MIC 1.0 tops are likely to have delivery truck drivers knocking on their doors

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone remember when I said I guarantee Ford will do "new" hard top orders (NON-FE OR WILDTRAK) this year?

So how does Granger have a 4dr. hard top, non-FE/Trak previewing today? 🤷‍♂️
Get back where you belong!!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone remember when I said I guarantee Ford will do "new" hard top orders (NON-FE OR WILDTRAK) this year?

So how does Granger have a 4dr. hard top, non-FE/Trak previewing today? 🤷‍♂️
I would love to see it scheduled for September... :) I really want Ford to succeed, but the reality is that their track record with these tops isn't inspiring confidence... Unfortunately, my interactions with the support staff haven't been a source of confidence either.

I just got off the line with the SUV team... They couldn't even tell me whether or not my Bronco was even built (it is), whether or not it shipped (it hasn't), whether or not it was complete (it is with a V1 hardtop), whether or not it was paid for (it is), etc.

Although, she was a very pleasant woman (and I treated her very professionally), but knew absolutely nothing about hardtop issues, dirt mountain, or anything else. I honestly felt really bad for her, because she didn't have access to any information that would have helped her do her job.

At one point, she suggested the problem was "COVID" and also suggested that maybe I call the Bronco number (the same people who told me that "chips and COVID" were the problem previously). Not to mention, I was sent to the SUV team by the FoMoCo rep on Bronco6g (who was also very professional in our interactions).
Sponsored