Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to convince Ford to release mine sans top.

5DC8C603-7BF0-4BA8-90B4-F83D4FD8134B.jpeg

0C8A2054-B0A2-4026-82B2-7578BAAC5A4A.jpeg
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure what it says but your corporate communications when your NA Product Communications Director tweets something pretty tone deaf, given the feelings of those stuck on Dirt Hill. He did apologize in a later tweet.

That didn't last long, what did he say?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The suspense is killing me. I imagine it’s something along the lines of “HaNg In ThErE oR bUy A jEeP!”

Or he just straight up told Bronco customers to go f*** themselves.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The suspense is killing me. I imagine it’s something along the lines of “HaNg In ThErE oR bUy A jEeP!”

Pretty close, he essentially said that "making dust was better than gathering dust"... While enjoying the outdoors in his Ford. Could he be any more tone deaf?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why is there a wildtrak with a soft top at my dealer but I can’t switch to one. Ford needs to do more. I’ve seen 2 door FE being raffled off in CA. But I bet there is a reservation holder waiting on theirs. Us little guys who work hard for there money always get the shaft. I’m sure the big wigs at Ford have couple sitting in their garages
That is an anomaly and only meant to get a Bronco in your dealer's hands for folks to see and drive. I think all the odd balls are going to be shipped back to Ford at the end of the day. Our dealer also has a soft top Wildtrak and it even has mismatched front / rear upholstery. There is no way it will be sold to the public without rework.

Sponsored

brettf22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Edited my post with a screenshot, but here it is again.

Ford Bronco đź“Ł Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 91BD0325-05A2-423F-AD70-CA9F915314E8

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today’s the day - I’m making the switch to soft top. Been thinking about it since announcement and I’d rather have a Bronco within 1-2 months than waiting til at least January at earliest for Hard Top - get my bronco have the soft top for a year or so and get a hard top when available

7/14 reservation with 2.3L, Non Sas so I’m confident I would get a build date if I switched

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The schedule is optimistic, but the new tooling will be installed by the end of next month. Once that happens, it really shouldn't take THAT long to build out the 3,000 or so necessary units to address shipped rigs and the sandlot kids. From there they'll be able to finish all the FE units and then a few lucky non-FE MIC trucks.
So what about the non lucky, non FE Badlands that have had their June build dates pushed and pushed and pushed.... 🤦‍♂️

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today’s the day - I’m making the switch to soft top. Been thinking about it since announcement and I’d rather have a Bronco within 1-2 months than waiting til at least January at earliest for Hard Top - get my bronco have the soft top for a year or so and get a hard top when available

7/14 reservation with 2.3L, Non Sas so I’m confident I would get a build date if I switched
I’m a 7/18/20 reservation 2.3 BD, Sas, A51, soft top and am feeling slightly optimistic it may happen in the coming months.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@PREMiERdrum

Ross, thank you for your help in communicating this info to us. Day 1 res holder, 2 door badsquatch with lux and 2.7… I don’t have a Vin or build date yet so obviously I got the email today that basically moves me to a 2022 and tells me I’ll have to re-order sometime later this year. Like many I’m sure, I am contemplating a switch to a four-door with a soft top. It’s not really my preference but I wasn’t planning to have a top on my bronco much anyway other than a bimini. Obviously Ford isn’t going to do it but if they would send me my two door with a soft top I’d take that in a heartbeat. My question to you (and I know you can’t give an accurate answer but I’d love your opinion) is….Realistically, considering that Ford has to build new hard tops for already delivered vehicles, bad batch vehicles, first edition vehicles, etc., What is your best opinion/guess as to a realistic delivery date for hard tops that have to convert over to a 22? It just seems to me like it would be very probable that somebody like me might not be looking at realistic build and delivery until second or third quarter next year. If I knew I could probably get it in the first 2 to 3 months of 22 I would wait but it may be August of next year. Do you have any gut feeling on this?
I'm thinking same as you. Ford has several thousand bronco's in the storage lots of all trim lines with bad mic tops, then add some on top of that for the 7000 first editions that need a roof, plus the few thousand already sold to customers on the road. The dealer letter said they wont have the new tops till october. I'm figuring it wont be till mid winter sometime before they catch up and replace all existing mic roofs. i thought the letter said until then they wont be making anything with a mic roof except first editions, which they have to make before year end. I'm also a day one reservation holder, but i ordered a loaded 4 door outerbanks, all options with a mic top. like you said I'm guessing next spring maybe i get the vehicle at the soonest, maybe even next summer. For me it will be one year wait come january since i ordered. I'm thinking tommorow I will call the dealer to switch to a soft top. Thats all ford can make now till the roofs are replaced in a few months. For every bad mic top vehicle they make now thats one more replacement mic top they need to make. Just means i have to live with the soft top until 2023 and pay whatever the going rate is for the new mic roof when it comes out, or cross your fingers that by then someone else will make a mic roof other then ford.

Sponsored

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Ford is not considering a soft top for the 2dr, then what's this??
Ford Bronco đź“Ł Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced 2021 Bronco Fastback Top 2-Door Big Bend Sasquatch 1

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who believes that Ford bullshit ??
MIC fiasco exposes ridiculous Ford incompetence -
. . . should've been seen/solved years ago -
Now Ford will magically get it right with 'new tooling' at Webasto ??
Sure . . Rainbows, Unicorns and Lollipops . .

Get Real -
Ford-Webasto MIC Hardtop -
. . January still a mess . . . . . . .
. . July still a mess . . . . . . .

Ford take your MIC Hardtop & SHOVE IT . .
Ship Broncos w tarp on back . . .

We can buy hardtop from ADV Fiberglass . . or some other aftermarket . .
Its nice to vent and all but at the end of the day, if I'm paying $35k+ I want it to have All the factory parts before I tear into it. Tops and all. My biggest bitch is they new the tops were shit and still tried to build them...

jafrazie

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone have an explanation in why they won’t ship with soft-tops? 4dr, FE holder here, and I wanted soft-only once the body-color top thing came and went. smh ..

rmbelz

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to assume that someone from Ford that might have the ability to influence the process reads these posts and takes some interest in trying to take good suggestions and ideas and get them into production so that they build a better product. Hope I'm not wrong, but it's sure easy to see in hind sight the slow moving train wreck that this Bronco launch has been and it makes me really wonder what's going on on HQ.

All that said, could someone please attempt to convince Ford to do something different with this sound deadending headliner once they finally start making hard tops again? I've recently been in a couple of real Bronco's at the Texas Off-Rodeo, and I can assure you that they are a major disappointment. I can't imagine how frustrated I would have been to have actually paid $495 for this option, as it really looks like something I made myself after a trip to Home Depot for supplies. Very think and flimsy, and if you watch any of the Youtube videos where they are working with the top latch mechanism, any touch of that liner results in a shower of little chopped fiber bits. I'm sure your back seat would be covered with this fiber dust in a couple weeks.

They need to step up to the plate and offer a real, durable headliner, simliar to what you might find on a regular car, OR perhaps just mold the sound deadening into the panel directly or make it thicker and forget about trying to get a $495 option from customers on something that probably adds $35 in real cost to the Bronco.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The schedule is optimistic, but the new tooling will be installed by the end of next month. Once that happens, it really shouldn't take THAT long to build out the 3,000 or so necessary units to address shipped rigs and the sandlot kids. From there they'll be able to finish all the FE units and then a few lucky non-FE MIC trucks.
Anyone know where the molds/tooling are for the initial prototypes that didn't appear to have issues? I think I read original tops were built in Germany by Webasto...someome fire the plane up and get them to the US.
Sponsored