Sponsored

1st oil change. Dealer booked out over a month.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
--- are you sure its the back glass -- could leak at roof to side joint and 3rd break light too
Def rear glass it's been an ongoing issue since 2019. The glass frame develops hair line cracks in the plastic wich allow the water to leak in. The have 2 fixes. Tubes of caulking or replace.
Sponsored

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any specific filter you guys recommend? Looking to have one or two on hand.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A month is a bit long, but I expect them to be a few weeks out. I live in a metro with 9 Ford dealers. Two stopped taking oil change appointments and just do “first come first served”

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford dealers in Detroit area don’t do oil changes by appointment. It’s all first come, first serve, while you wait.

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We are out on oil changes through the 24th with two dedicated guys. Have two more that will help with overflow but we try to keep them on recall, PDI and light repair work.

Our county unemployment is at 1.4% in a town of 15,000-17,000 with several large employers. Aside from wages going up, which is good for the workforce in general, everyone that can or wants to work, already is. The biggest problem we have is no one wanting to get into this business regardless of what it pays along with a large portion of the workforce 10 years from full retirement.

We have seen an increase in non-Fords and new customers coming in, specifically for oil changes. We raised our prices after eating a bunch of oil, filter and consumables increases the last few years thinking the additional business was because we were "cheap". Nope. Still have the same volume but more people are whining about the price now. I did the math and factoring in part cost, labor cost, benefits, etc. we're clearing just over $3.00/per.
Oil changes have been loss leaders since the beginning of the automobile.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every time I read a post like this it just reminds me of how ridiculously close everything is in other states compared to Texas. 45 minutes is almost how long it takes me to get to the closest dealerships around.
lol 45 minutes in Houston I can probably be to half a dozen different Ford dealers within a 45 minute drive. 😂

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was able to schedule same day online, but wouldn’t recommend it.

2hr wait and evidence the engine skid was not removed so I’m confident oil was not drained (someone please let me know if they have a technique I’m not aware of to drain the 2.7 without removing skid). Checked oil when I got home and it was extremely overfilled (inches above the twist). They redid it and admitted it probably had 8-9 qts in it 🤦

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Wyoming. My local oil change spot is first come first serve. So you can stroll in on a Monday after work and spend a max of 1 hr there. I just walk downtown grab a drink then back in time to pick up the Subaru. I can’t imagine living in a big city and dealing with the people and traffic.

When I get the Bronco in 2023-2024, I might do my own oil changes.

Sponsored

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I booked an appointment on-line for a next day appt. Had to cancel that but grabbed one the next week. Used Fordpass. Pretty easy. Only thing is if you have a 2.7L, don’t leave the dealership until you actually pull the dipstick and check it. Mine had 6qts, not 7qts.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Booked mine today. Dealer a little over 2 weeks out.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any specific filter you guys recommend? Looking to have one or two on hand.
OEM for short/regular invervals
$6.46 at walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oe-Motorcraft-Oil-Filter-FL-2062/921961939?athbdg=L1100

Or a case of 12 on ebay gets it down to almost $5/ea and you'll never need to go to the store again: https://www.ebay.com/itm/124164898946?epid=210384923&hash=item1ce8ce0082:g:PyIAAOSwFdRevDWM

If you're wanting something extra or for long intervals there is a Fram Ultra synthetic media available for about $15: https://www.walmart.com/ip/FRAM-Ult...er-for-Select-Ford-Lincoln-Vehicles/919094832

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every time I read a post like this it just reminds me of how ridiculously close everything is in other states compared to Texas. 45 minutes is almost how long it takes me to get to the closest dealerships around.
Come to Houston then.. I can get to ten different dealerships in 45 mins. Seriously though, I do get your point.-everything is a long drive here.

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought 6 from RockAuto for about half as much as the dealer parts dept charged me.
I bought 6 from Walmart online lol. I got 6 just to get the free shipping. I think i spent like $40 bucks for 6 filters.
Sponsored