First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While the BBB cannot force a company to do anything, the BBB does offer consumers valuable insight into companies and may be able to resolve issues through arbitration.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's interesting that it would have diminished value.
Only in the sense that I would much rather have one with a replaced engine than any MY21 that hadn't blown yet.
Not sure about the validity of this fear. My understanding is the failures happen early or not at all. I have 20,000 on mine without a hiccup. *knocks on every wood surface available*

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure about the validity of this fear. My understanding is the failures happen early or not at all. I have 20,000 on mine without a hiccup. *knocks on every wood surface available*
Ther have been three blown engines that we know about with more than 5,000 miles on them. One had 6,986 mile when it blew. I’d rather have an AB engine, but I am not worried. It is possible there could be late mileage failures, and that FoMoCo recalls all AA engines. Only time will tell at this point.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I passed this along last week when they put the new one in. The engine didn’t fail but was on the road there. I took it in with “valve ticking” noise. Diagnosis was inconclusive and they replaced the engine. As you can see from the service report, metal shavings were found in my oil filter so it was just a matter of time before it failed.
Just curious if the valve ticking sounded initially like a fan belt issue. Did it increase with acceleration? I’ve got about 11,000 miles on my ‘21 engine and it’s started making a ticking/squeaking noise…….taking it in this week

Sponsored

BanzaiBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Sasquatch A51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curious if the valve ticking sounded initially like a fan belt issue. Did it increase with acceleration? I’ve got about 11,000 miles on my ‘21 engine and it’s started making a ticking/squeaking noise…….taking it in this week
It was a valve lifter ticking noise. It did increase with speed. They never did diagnose what the actual problem was except that there were significant metal shavings in the oil filter and highly likely we caught it just in time before failure. Good idea to take yours in to have it checked out. I had mine replaced and back on the road in 2 weeks time and have had no trouble since.

DapperDeeds

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd rather add to this thread than creating another. Has anyone found a solution to this? I have a squeel I've been trying to find in mine. It's almost a high pitch chirping sound when the gas pedal is pressed to a certain degree. It wont do it in park only in motion and I notice when accelerating. I do have the 2.7L so hoping its not going to be an issue. It sounds like its coming from behind the firewall but can't isolate it.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd rather add to this thread than creating another. Has anyone found a solution to this? I have a squeel I've been trying to find in mine. It's almost a high pitch chirping sound when the gas pedal is pressed to a certain degree. It wont do it in park only in motion and I notice when accelerating. I do have the 2.7L so hoping its not going to be an issue. It sounds like its coming from behind the firewall but can't isolate it.
Is it at all similar to this? 2.7 engine with almost 14000 miles…..have had 2 oil changed and no one mentioned metal fragments. I took to the dealer to investigate the noise and they didn’t find anything, but they also didn’t drive it……

DapperDeeds

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it at all similar to this? 2.7 engine with almost 14000 miles…..have had 2 oil changed and no one mentioned metal fragments. I took to the dealer to investigate the noise and they didn’t find anything, but they also didn’t drive it……
Honeslty, mine sounded more like a cricket but much faster chirps. It was almost a constant rattle/chirp at lower speeds. Yours sounds like a pulley or fan belt maybe? I'd have the dealership drive it for a better diagnosis.

Mataxis

Black Diamond
First Name
R. Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toy.Sequoia, 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some good news: FORD reimbursed my $713 towing bill!

So, my engine was replaced, my recalled top was replaced while they were at it, and now they've reimbursed me for towing.

In the end, it sucked to get stranded like that hours from home in freezing temps with my dogs, and to lose my 8 day old Bronco for 32 days, but I'm in a much better place with FORD now that they reimbursed the exorbitant out of pocket towing expense.

Sponsored

finkan13

Base
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was recommended that someone start a thread for those of that have the experience of blowing the motor in our new Broncos. This will be a companion thread to the excellent thread @Lucchese started here: Blown Engine List

We can list resources, how long the repairs took, what Ford offered you afterwards, etc.

1 - Mine blew on 2-24-22. The Ford social media rep on here ( @Ford Motor Company ) put me in touch with a customer service rep that is supposed to help expedite repairs. They are also the person that will help you get whatever warranties Ford offers after repairs. Repairs were complete, with a detail, on 3-28-22. After a bit of negotiation I received an 84 Month/100K Powertrain warranty.

Replacing the motor has the potential to lower resale values. This is the address to file a claim for diminished values:

Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
I
Are 2022s having the same issues?
I have a 2021 Sasquatch Base model and have never had any trouble out of my bronco til 8/28 I was heading home and all the sudden I had 4 codes flashing on the display, truck lost power I couldn’t go over 5 miles per hour. Luckily, I was able to pull into a gas station parking lot about 3 miles from my house. The truck shut off, interior lights and headlights worked just fine. I tried to start the Bronco and it was not starting. I called my husband and son they came after me and looked at the Bronco . I had to call road side assistance took 4 hours for them to get to the bronco cause we waited on them. Get to the Ford dealership and got a call today saying the technician thinks it’s engine failure. They said they would pull it back in and tear the engine down to make sure that is what is . But, he said they were pretty sure it’s the engine. My question is for people who have had their 2.7 engines replaced how long did it take to get the new and back up and running? I’m making payments on a truck I can’t use and I’ve had to borrow my nephews truck and he is needing it back as he purchased a new charger and wants to drive the truck I borrowed to work. I get that it’s his truck but that leaves me on foot. I still have a kid in school. How and what number do I use to reach out to ford over the bronco?

finkan13

Base
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad you're okay. Replacement usually takes about a month or so.

How many miles on it ?

There's a thread covering 2.7L blown engines with total 63 events so far. Yours would be #64 if they have to replace it.
Thank you, I’m just glad my kids weren’t with me and I wasn’t on the Hwy. My bronco only has 9,980 miles on it and has been serviced on time every time (oil changes, fluids check). I’m at a lost as the ford dealership said I would have to contact ford about a rental while they wait on an engine. They said their technician would have to call It into ford that the engine is bad and wait to hear back from them as to what to do. Does anyone know the number I need to call as all my ford paperwork is locked up in the glove compartment an hour away. I have the vin number cause I kept the order slip .

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you, I’m just glad my kids weren’t with me and I wasn’t on the Hwy. My bronco only has 9,980 miles on it and has been serviced on time every time (oil changes, fluids check). I’m at a lost as the ford dealership said I would have to contact ford about a rental while they wait on an engine. They said their technician would have to call It into ford that the engine is bad and wait to hear back from them as to what to do. Does anyone know the number I need to call as all my ford paperwork is locked up in the glove compartment an hour away. I have the vin number cause I kept the order slip .

I believe this is the general number to get in touch with a Ford Customer Service Rep. 1-866-631-3788

OP
OP
Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company on here is how I first got in touch with them.
Sponsored