First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
87 shell gas, fill up to fill up. mountains and back., rode a good bit of the brp . 22.3
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I'm missing sometthing, but is .4MPG really a crazy increase ?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yawn...

I can get 22.5-23.5 mpg with the right setup doing 75 MPH average speed with adaptive cruise control in 4A sport mode with the 2.7 engine.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have been tracking every fill up since day 1. 9k miles later i can find no difference in mpg running 93/91 vs 87. 2.7 4dr badsquatch. Mostly driving at or near sea level. 93 certainly would have to be substantially better to justify the cost. 93 for performance - if you're not happy with 87.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t have Sunco in my area. But I switched from Sinclair to Shell gas. Noticed a little more power and slightly better mpg. Kinda surprised since I live about 60 miles away from Sinclair, Wyoming headquarters. šŸ˜‚
Canā€™t get any fresher fuel than that. I guess they use slightly different additives than Shell.

Pros and cons like everything else.

Sponsored

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

side note - I wish we had access to 93 here in CA. 91 is the highest we can get unless I go to a racetrack for race fuel at $10 a gallon LOL

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Am I correct that 0.6 increase in gas mileage is being considered crazy increase? Freaking click bate. Was expecting something significant.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

93 v 87ā€¦I have found minimal difference, definitely not worth the money.

I do pay for 87 ethanol free. Definitely a few miles for me per gallon.

stay out of boost and I average over 20 mpg on my Bronco Raptor.

keep it in boost, and run the mpgā€™s low šŸ˜Ž

i put additives in my gas to the ethanol free. Someone mentioned it earlierā€¦carbon is not your friend. I know for the Bronco Raptor the DI engines with turbos are not a friendly mix.

I would focus on doing what you can to slow the carbon build up and enjoy the rest.

I installed a catch can, run ethanol free, donā€™t use auto start/stop (keep all engine partā€™s lubricated), run a higher premium to increase viscosity and help keep engine temps lower.

I found running the AC at a red light, my engine temps never break 185.

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What grade were you using before? Premium fuel will usually give you better mpg on hwy.
I actually never knew this and my commute to work is 100 miles round trip! Going to make the switch!

Sponsored

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco big bend, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While I've only had my bronco for 2,600 miles I like to watch an check the MPG. I did a few tanks of 91-93 an I picked up around .5 mpg's which isn't significant but the performance seems better. I had the same 2.3T 10 speed auto in my ranger an got the same results when running reg an premium (before the tune;))

My son lives about 50 mostly highway miles away an it's a 60 MPH highway an I did it both ways at 60-65 an the bronco calculation was 25 MPGs. I hand calculated it at 23.5. I just did a trip to Indy an ran 75-80 an the dash showed 22.5 an I got 21.5 hand calculated. In mixed driving it's usually off by 1 to 1.2 mpg's. I did a run into a headwind at 80-82 in the ranger an it showed a 4 mpg loss on the dash. Pushing a brick through a strong wind is really noticeable.

Guess my experience is speed affects MPGs a lot more than octane.

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My fuel mileage has been getting better since the Ford Performance Tune. Since I have to run at least 91 octane, but only have 93 available in my area, I noticed better fuel economy in Normal, Sport, and Eco. Normal was getting me about 18 with driving Normal. Sport was giving me 17.6 and I enjoyed it. I wasnā€™t hard on it all the time but I did take off quicker and really liked how it kept in the power band. Eco gave me 18.6 on a tank and I was trying to get the best I could.
But, what surprised me was taking a trip last weekend. We drove a little on the highway, but we did a few trails, spent the night in Maggie Valley, and came home through the beautiful Smokey Mountains, and then through Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, and I was very impressed. I have a 2dr non Sas Badlands with true 35ā€™s and got 19.6 for our whole trip.

IMG_4748.jpeg

IMG_4742.jpeg
I'm soooo glad you posted this pic. I have an oxford wt also and have been searching forever to see a white bronco on white rims! Didn't know if it was too much white. It's so badass! Thanks!

JRMFFL531

Wildtrak
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amazing puppy. The only more awesome than Broncos are GSD!

IMG_5448.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually never knew this and my commute to work is 100 miles round trip! Going to make the switch!
You'll end up spending more on fuel.
The higher MPG's will NOT offset the extra cost of higher octane fuel.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crazy gas mileage? My mileage changes from tank to tank because of numerous conditions . Speed, driving habits, wind, road quality, there are so many variables . My computer calculation typically is off by about 1.5.
I donā€™t worry too much about gas mileage itā€™s a Bronco with 35ā€™s and aerodynamics of a giant shoe box.
Sponsored