J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So they used a copy of your license that was on file from before? OK, I'm good with that but were you sent a new order summary/DORA for the '23s that you signed and returned for them to upload? How do you know that both orders are correct and have a 10-19 PC? Not claiming anything shady is going on but wondering what they uploaded to the system if you didn't sign off on it. PHQ might not even be looking at these and approving but if they are, I'm curious as to what was submitted that satisfied the requirement.

Again, not accusing the dealer of doing anything wrong but am curious what their process is and safeguards for them and customer.

I appreciate these questions!

Dealer 1: I spoke with them several times in person (was there at 8am one the 21st, lol) and text, they said they had everything they needed from the first order. I hounded them for a few days saying I didn't get the email from Ford, finally got that. Feel "OK" about it overall. I've already bought one Bronco from them (and sold it back later to them as well) so I have some experience with them. I don't think they're trying anything shady but I also don't think they are aware of every intricate detail of the Bronco world. Which is fair to some degree because they have just as many/more customers ordering Mavericks, F150s, etc.

I probably need to request a copy of my DORA from Dealer 1.

Dealer 2: Took a few emails but got them to confirm they submitted the 2023 change, they had my license on file, etc. They DID send me a copy of my DORA with priority 10 and confirming the exact order, and MSRP/Invoice pricing. Very stand up dealership, not super concerned but I also don't trust the PROCESS and that's where I worry.

Thanks for bouncing this stuff around with us, I know you have a lot of knowledge in the arena and it helps those of us stressed about our orders.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the Bronco COVP process require a Purchase Agreement signed by both parties ?
No, it just requires a buyers signature for identification verification. Seems that most dealers are just having the buyer sign the WBDO order preview sheet, aka DORA

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was told by samantha that NO raptors had been scheduled or would be in 22, you are stating that 1 or 2 could be? how do you know this and how were those possible 1 or 2 picked up? was it time stamp or random.

Also is anyone allowed to convert an existing order that hasn't been picked up and pushed to 23 to a raptor, there have been people on here stating that they were able to do that.

Lastly how is it you and ford are pushing to get these orders switched to my23 from my22 but dont know what price protection will be offered or if it will. I truly find it hard to commit to something in writing without knowing the true price. While I trust granger, i don't trust ford or this process. Hard to sign a DORA or written agreement without knowing the price? I have a GT(golden ticket so i dont hear from people that there is no GT Raptor) and hoping that ford will be price protecting those since the price has gone up 5k. A lot of unknown for people just to agree to whatever price happens after the fact.
There may have been a misunderstanding. We had 1 or 2 scheduled early on. The scheduling those are now closed.

My understanding is that the Raptor isn't price protected.

The price protection process changes when the model year changeover happens. Ford accomplished this by offering a "certificate" that works as a rebate. During the model year, the price increases are paid retroactively back to the dealership once it is marked sold to the customer that originally ordered it. This process doesn't work with the model year changeover, so we're waiting to see how much or what amount each trim/model gets from Ford. They determine that amount.

Sponsored

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership is fine. My individual rep is the worst. Made it very clear when I put my order in that he's "interested in making money now" and my order means pretty much nothing to him.

Now I've been blatantly ignored for two weeks. Email, text, even stopped by the dealership...won't even acknowledge me at this point. Gives me such high hopes. Don't trust 'em for anything now.

Got one of the fancy offices, too. Supposed to be one of the good ones. Has his own Bronco order in too, so you know he's aware of what needs done.

I hate this shit show...

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Canā€™t blame them. All this work and follow up they have to do with people over shit they canā€™t control, and probably donā€™t have good information or support for, for a lousy paycheck they wonā€™t collect for several months

My dealership is fine. My individual rep is the worst. Made it very clear when I put my order in that he's "interested in making money now" and my order means pretty much nothing to him.

Now I've been blatantly ignored for two weeks. Email, text, even stopped by the dealership...won't even acknowledge me at this point. Gives me such high hopes. Don't trust 'em for anything now.

Got one of the fancy offices, too. Supposed to be one of the good ones. Has his own Bronco order in too, so you know he's aware of what needs done.

I hate this shit show...

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here is our update and outlook on the 2023 model year for all of our existing Bronco reservation holders.

Where we've been: We received a larger piece of the pie for the 2021 model year Broncos and with the allocation changes for 2022, our share of the overall Bronco production was cut significantly. We'll deliver 9 less broncos over the 2022 model year than in 2021 because of these changes.

2021 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 164
2022 Model Year Bronco Deliveries - 105
Current Broncos with VINS - 50

2023 Bronco Allocation - as posted here, the 2023 Bronco allocation is based on 2 factors, neither of which is the amount of outstanding orders/reservations that the dealership holds.

1 - 50% of it is the share of nation sales for the last 3 yers (this number has gone up for us, but the 3 year average makes it very hard to move).

2 - 50% is based upon the share of nation sales for 2022 model year for Bronco and Bronco Sport. I detailed the decrease in the share of nation sales on Bronco above, but our aggressive discounting on the Bronco sport greatly increased our Bronco Sport sales going from 18 in 2021 model year to 64 in 2022 model year.

Our first month of allocation was 15 Broncos. I was hopefull that the Bronco COVP process would have been a part of the allocation formula, but since Ford made the decision to omit that factor. I would anticipate that 15 number being our typical monthly allocation. I would estimate 150-200 Broncos as our total 2023 allocation. This will put us well short of the 828 outstanding reservations that our dealership currently has.

What does this mean for our reservation holders? I'm still certain that the bronco orders won't be picked up in exact numerical order. Commodity restrictions will determine which Broncos get scheduled. Like in 2021 and 2022, we had some October reservations that were very 'commodity friendly' (think Big Bend, soft top) that got scheduled well before earlier reservations. I would not anticipate there being a very good chance of a reservation being scheduled if you are in the later 60-70% of our reservation holders.

Where do I stand in line? You can check the attached 2023 Bronco PDF and search your reservation number to find the applicable place in line.

How will price protection work for 2023 MY? With the change from one model year to another, Ford has typically applied a direct offer to the customer vehcile as a rebate. This is all the information we have below:
Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Allocation is Based on These 2 Factors 1664461044268

Will I have price protection for 2024? I believe Ford has stated previously that 2023 is the final year for price protection. This is not something we control, but a Ford corporate decision.

Will you continue to honor your discount? Yes, if you are a reservation holder with us, regardless of when the vehicle is fulfilled (2028 MY Bronco), we will honor our price protection discount on a non-allocation limited trim (ex. no heritage limited, or Bronco Raptor). We feel like its the least we can do for our customers and that discount will be honored at $1000 under invoice or $2000 under invoice depending on when the reservation was placed.

When will I be contacted about my order? We will have our staff prioritize the customers who have the longest held reservations and run through the list. If you'd like to send a Build & Price from Ford's website to [email protected] we can update that for you. We will process all of these orders by the November deadline.

What if I want to cancel my reservation? We certainly understand and can refund back your deposit of $100.

We are still offering 4% under invoice on Jeep Wranglers for anyone that would like to make the switch. You can email [email protected] with a build and price to get started.

This is certainly not what we had envisioned when we initially took reservations and we will do our best to hold up our end of the bargain.

Zach
According to your reservation tracker, my res# puts me somewhere around 650 on your list so I have another couple of years before I see a Bronco?

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very disappointed that Ford is filling orders based off dealer allocation numbers and not their customer order dates. This is my first Ford at age 51 and not getting good vibes so far. I mean if a customer orders a vehicle there should be some way to know at least what year they'll get it. Ive been watching the tracker and up until two weeks ago my model ( WT) was being filled by people who ordered before me which is great, but the last two reports I found people who ordered the exact same thing as I have with the exact options but they were ordered after me. ( 10/15/2021)

Things like this makes me wonder if a recession won't be the worst thing for this country.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very disappointed that Ford is filling orders based off dealer allocation numbers and not their customer order dates. This is my first Ford at age 51 and not getting good vibes so far. I mean if a customer orders a vehicle there should be some way to know at least what year they'll get it. Ive been watching the tracker and up until two weeks ago my model ( WT) was being filled by people who ordered before me which is great, but the last two reports I found people who ordered the exact same thing as I have with the exact options but they were ordered after me. ( 12/15/2021)

Things like this makes me wonder if a recession won't be the worst thing for this country.
Yup, financial ruin for millions is always the best solution to somebody not being able to buy the vehicle they want.

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A recession isnā€™t financial ruin itā€™s a slowdown which is probably what is needed with these kinds of problems.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A recession isnā€™t financial ruin itā€™s a slowdown which is probably what is needed with these kinds of problems.
I think that all depends on which end of the spectrum you're in.
Sponsored