Sponsored

2nd Thoughts about the Bronco Sport? - Will You Consider Switching from the Bronco?

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As much as I'd like the look and presence of the full size Bronco, I also live in SoCal, have constrained parking, and have to go at least 3+ hours or more to where the capabilities of the full size would come into play.

Meanwhile, the Sport will give me a lot better mileage and parking, probably lower insurance, and just makes sense when I'm 90% of the time on the road.

Also, based on comparing the numbers, the passenger space and cargo are around the same, and in some cases better on the Sport, so..

So yeah.. unless I get permanent WHF and can move to New Mexico, I'm 90% buying a Sport.

More power to you guys buying Broncos, but it's not a commuter... and I don't need Sasquatch, as cool as it is, sitting in LA traffic... :D
Sponsored

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I actually think the more we've seen about the Bronco Sport, the more I like it. Although only the Badlands edition.

It would more than cover most anything I do off-road and after seeing the concept with the 1" lift and upgraded tires I think that looks really good too. (I always liked the look of the old Land Rover LR4s and I think the Bronco Sport looks a lot like those.)
Stopping here on your quote.. :D With the 1" lift and some 31's, the Sport is all I really need.. :D

But defintely Badlands+Badlands..

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Realistically I could make the sport work, but I prefer increased capability as a safety factor in the mountains. I like to explore back roads in the Rockies year around, so the extra capability from the full size is a welcome addition should I ever get in a jam.

Truth be told, getting the bronco isn’t a responsible purchase for me (if I was just trying to do the best financial and capability thing I’d just keep my f-150 until I drive it into the ground), it’s about being back in a Bronco.

(Also the sport doesn’t come in a 2 door, and the 2 door is the closest I can get to a modern version of my old 96....)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'd be a nice addition to the Bronco, but I wouldn't get it in its stead.

I wouldn't buy it until it gets Sync 4 though.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve been interested in the sport since the first pics leaked. Once it was revealed, I was a bit disappointed for the following reasons:

1. it’s small. I don’t remember the exact numbers, but I believe it’s about 6”shorter In length then the escape. I would have liked it a lot more if the sport was the same length as the new escape and had the rear seat that slides 6”. The rear seats need that extra legroom.

2. It’s pricey. The badlands is almost 40k. That’s a lot for a subcompact. I’m hoping you can get a decently equipped bronco for that price.

3. You can only get the 2.0L engine on the badlands. Everything else gets the 1.5L 3 cyl as the only engine choice. Why wasn’t the 1.5 sport demoed the other day? The real bronco showed both of its engines off, why not the sport? Do they think it couldn’t handle the trails? It probably can, but ford not showing it kinda makes you think it can’t.

4. badlands is the only one that gets the advanced 4x4 system.

5. The interior doesn’t look great. The accent color choices in the dash seem like odd choices to me. It also shares too much interior parts with the escape.

6. it needs a lift and bigger tires. The yellow trail rig concept with the 1” lift and 31” tires looked great. That should be what the sport comes with.

unless there is some special addition like the trail rig that sells for under $35k, I think I’m ruling out the sport. It’s either between the bronco or next gen ranger for me.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might consider it - if the Sport had removable doors and roof.

That is too much of a key selling point for me and is one of the first things that drew me to the Bronco.

(Even then, I think I'd still stick with the Bronco.)

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With all the great reviews out today on the Bronco and Bronco Sport, what is surprising to many is how capable the Bronco Sport turns out to be, after most had written it off. Below I've listed some of today's positive Bronco Sport reviews, once you read through these highlights, I'm wondering if it has gotten any others to reconsider their Bronco decision, but more on that at the end of the post.

Here is the ride-along report from a Bronco6G forum member, from this thread:
2.7L Bronco Sasquatch Ride Along In-Depth Review by Bronco6G Member

Interesting observations from Bronco6g forum members:

From the Bronco reviews thread, here are a few stand out points from the Sport reviews:

2021 Bronco First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)!

So taking into account some of the above information, has it done anything to sway your Bronco purchase decision towards the Bronco Sport Badlands model?

For me, after reading and watching these Bronco Sport Badlands reviews, I want to learn more about it. I have to wonder, maybe the Sport will really provide me with more than enough off-road capability for what I would most likely use it for. Don't get me wrong, the Bronco 4 door Badlands is still my first love, and of course the Bronco will give me way more capability and features.

But now it seems it gives me more to consider, for example, I would be fine without the removable roof, as I would seldom, if ever, take it off. It will be interesting to compare a fully kitted out Bronco Badlands to a fully kitted out Bronco Sport Badlands, once of course the Build & Price website comes online. With all the options and accessories we want, who knows how that will sway our decisions?

2021-ford-bronco-sport-badlands-trail-rig-concept.jpg

Here is the link to the Sport reviews on the sister Bronco Sport Forum:
2021 Bronco Sport First Ride Media Reviews Compilation (Articles/Videos)!

Here is a good video of the Sport taking on Moab:
Video: Bronco Sport Proves Impressive Off-Road Abilities at Moab
Oh hell no!

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ‘71 F100, ‘02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big NO here, I don't even understand why Ford made the Sport? ?‍♂

dano0726

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Sport Badlands sticker price was under $34.8K, all-in, without the BL package

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Big NO here, I don't even understand why Ford made the Sport? ?‍♂
Yep, Ford should cancel all other vehicles except the Bronco.. no one would EVER need something besides the full size Bronco.. it's perfect for a 90 mile daily commute.. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1. it’s small. I don’t remember the exact numbers, but I believe it’s about 6”shorter In length then the escape. I would have liked it a lot more if the sport was the same length as the new escape and had the rear seat that slides 6”. The rear seats need that extra legroom.

2. It’s pricey. The badlands is almost 40k. That’s a lot for a subcompact. I’m hoping you can get a decently equipped bronco for that price.
I don't see what's the issue about length, unless is impacting interior space, which it isn't if you compare the numbers. Sport arguably has more interior space.

$38k for the Sport Badlands+Badlands, vs $48k for the Bronco Badlands loaded. so... sure, you can get a relatively base Bronco for the price of the loaded Sport Badlands, but, it's what do you need?

Beardicus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm considering it, but will wait to see one at dealership before making up mind. Looking at 2Dr currently and here's some of my reasoning for giving sport a chance.

1. Price caps out below 40k. Current Bronco starts at 40k and seems like the sky is the limit there by the time options and accessories are added. Would really like to stay under 50k, but the more I look at it the more I think that's not going to happen.
  2. Capable to do everything I "need" for camping/adventuring.
  3. Cargo area - Not sure how the rear seats up or folded would fit my 65lbs dog on the 2dr bronco. Difference in floor height seems like a rough spot for him to get comfy and he's never fit well in bucket seats which the rear has. Even foldeded down there is a large gap between seats for his paws to fall through and will have to figure out a way to lvl floor and fill gap for him to be comfy. Sport back seat will work just fine or I could fold down seat for a flat area.
  4. Non-Squatched 2dr has yet to be seen and the 4dr OB isn't bad but certain angles it looks like a Ford Flex, just long and boxy.
  5. Better MPG, but really who is buying a Bronco because they need a 30+mpg vehicle
It has potential and shown to be capable, but likely to stay with the 2dr as i'm looking forward to driving off road without the top in AZ.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. I would let my wife get one if she liked it except that it has the Bronco name on it when it is not a Bronco...it's not. The Ford Probe turned out to be a decent car and I loved driving one, but Ford was going to call it a Mustang. Could you imagine if they called it the Mustang Sport? It's not a Mustang,

More power to you guys buying Broncos, but it's not a commuter... and I don't need Sasquatch, as cool as it is, sitting in LA traffic... :D
You wouldn't be sitting in LA traffic if you could drive over the Prius in front of you! ???

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nope - I won't switch from Bronco to Bronco Sport. I'd only switch to a Unimog.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is still on my radar TBH. If I absolutely hate the way the Bronco fits or drives I'll be looking at a Sport next. For the type of off-roading I'll be doing the Sport would be fine. I'll just have to suck it up and deal with confinement.
Sponsored