Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Response #1: Having a roof you wouldn't have to worry about getting caught in a rain storm. Having the drain plugs would be helpful to remove the standing water.

Response #2: No you're dumb. My buddy in HS had a Jeep and we would cruise with the doors off all the time and that is one of the main reasons I am getting this car.

Response #3: Then don't put it there or a cell phone either. In fact you should start advocating for texting and driving. BYOD means I can put whatever I want there, it doesn't have to be a Go Pro.
Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gimmick #1: Drain Holes in the Floor
The idea of putting drain plugs in the interior to facilitate easy cleanup isn't a new one. But in this day and age, when about 80% (or more) of a vehicle's interior controls are electrical in nature, it's probably not the best idea to turn a hose on inside your Bronco — even if you do point it at the floor. Ford touts this feature as something that makes it "simple, fast and painless" to clean up after an adventure, but we think everyone's better off with some decent all-weather floor mats (which you can take out and hose off in your driveway), a damp sponge and a towel to dry everything off. We've been in some pretty muddy and sloppy conditions over the years, but never once have we needed to douse our interior with water to the point where drain holes would actually help.

Gimmick #2: Removable Doors, You Rebel
We get it, kinda. Taking your doors off feels a bit rebellious and makes for an invigorating driving experience. But unless you're doing some serious low-speed rock crawling where you'd actually benefit from the added visibility, taking the doors off of your car "᠎'cause it's cool" is dumb.

Gimmick #3: GoPro Mounts
Making your friends watch your unedited 2.5-hour trail adventure is the new '70s-era slideshow-at-a-house-party nightmare. Of course, Ford isn't the first manufacturer to offer a special GoPro (or other equally high-quality video capture system) mount in a vehicle — Toyota's Tacoma immediately springs to mind. The Bronco uses a dash-mounted rail that allows for easy camera (as well as phone-mount) positioning, but if you're going to mount a GoPro to capture your rugged radness, you're better off mounting it on the outside. That means you'll get a better field of vision and also ensures that your camera can focus on the environment instead of a dirty windshield. A dedicated camera mount is really an answer to a question no one's asked.

Thanks to all who chimed in about this clickbait article - link is below but the essence of the article is now pasted above
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/th...nco-features-are-pointless-and-heres-why.html

I think these guys are missing the point of this vehicle...
I think i found the writer!

download.jpg

OP
OP
BrentC

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I certainly plan on using the drain holes, I'm not gonna point my power washer in there, but a hose on low and sand and dust will just drain away nicely. But as the writer says, he can just put floor mats of any kind in, even carpet!

I might take the doors off once just to see how that is, but that won't be for a while and I'm also not buying the bags for them. I don't think it'll be my thing, I want an arm rest and a shield from the summer super heated pavement radiation. And the noise from truck exhausts.

I will definitely get a rail, tired of suction cups either falling off or melting into a gooey mess. Also love that it seem the rail attaches with just one screw, so if you park somewhere sketchy you can just take the whole rail off and hide it somewhere.

Now excuse me, I have to finish my "5 reasons why I never read Edmunds, and neither should you" article :-D

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This could have been covered earlier but the best part about plugs I found from owning a jeep was if you got caught in the rain you had the ability to drain the floors mostly without having to use towels to soak it all up and squeeze out towels over and over. I don't plan on needing them often but when you do it's great.
This. All day.

I love driving top down as much as I can, but am always worried about getting caught in the rain. I daily drive my Alfa in the summer here, and I have no top installed. Getting the Bronco is way to enjoy the freedom of top-down (off) driving with one less thing to worry about.

I used to think Consumer Reports would report on things they just didn't understand. Now Edmunds too?

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed this article came up with it:
  • A 2-inch lift kit is now available for the plug-in hybrid Wrangler 4xe, because of course it is
  • The kit will cost $1,495 and include Fox shocks, new springs and various other suspension upgrades

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree on the GoPro mounts, that’s pretty damn gimmicky.

Obviously the other two points just speaks to the “journalists” not having a very worldly viewpoint, likely from caving up in big cities their entire lives instead of seeing the world.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting, but that may be the most arrogant stack of bullshit I've ever read...

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll get flamed but I actually agree that a GoPro on the exterior would make for better video. Plus more angles, multiple cameras, etc.

I’d use a bucket to wash out the floor. Yeah spraying a hose around sounds foolish and asking for water to get trapped somewhere.

The doors was a bad take. Yeah it’s rare to take them off but I know I’ll do it now and again.

OP
OP
BrentC

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the record, I was totally offside with this report from the beginning. I was a victim of clickbait. Lesson learned.

Also for the record, I had a Suzuki. Sierra in Australia (Samurai over here) and I was in the muck and on the beach with it most every weekend. The drain holes are the best for hosing out everything that soft top could collect. They are far from being gimmicky.

Also, there’s nothing like top off, doors off summer driving. I plan on doing both as much as I can.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gimmick #1: Drain Holes in the Floor

Gimmick #2: Removable Doors, You Rebel

Gimmick #3: GoPro Mounts
I'll give them #1 in that not very many of us would really need to hose out our interiors. It's not like if your floors get dusty-dirty that hosing them out is going to make them suddenly clean. Dust has a way of sticking to rubber that requires actual wiping to clean them off. I ordered the rubber floor mats.

I'll give them #2 for a similar reason: not many people will actually do this. But, it's a Wrangler competitor, so it needed to be able to do this. Bonus: It actually does this better than the Wrangler. That said, I would 100% do these doors if I could:
Ford Bronco 3 “gimmicky” things Edmunds doesn’t like about the Bronco Bronco Sema - Cool Half-doors

But I guess technically then I wouldn't be going doorless? 😄

#3 is the dumbest, most short-sighted comment. The author assumes we would be using the rail mount only to take super-long videos just to bore other people. As if none of us has ever heard of video editing. Or that maybe we might do a time lapse. Or just want short clips of certain things. Or use the rail for any number of non-GoPro uses. Oy to the vey with the stupidity on that grip. :)
Sponsored