Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Picking up my non-Sasquatch badlands today and going straight to tire shop to replace the 33s with 35s and +18 offset wheels. Mines an automatic so will have the 4.46 gears but I’m fine with it. Jeep is only putting 4.56 on their 35in tire package.
The Big Bend Demo at Granger Motors has true 35’s with the 2.3 MT and 4.46 gears. It was just fine but I was in central Iowa which is basically flat. Perhaps climbing a 40 degree rock wall might prove me wrong, but I don’t have the personal equipment to even attempt that anyways! :cool:
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they kept the Sasquatch at $2500 for Badlands then yeah I'd agree, but they're upcharging manual owners for choosing the stick. I think its going to lead a lot of people who are conscious of their money to either forego Sas or forego the manual, and I will bet the latter will be the prevailing choice.
The mansquatch essentially requires paying for the auto transmission - it isn't more than the auto, though. If someone wants a manual and isn't choosing that just to save money but actually prefers it, they should still get the manual. Switching to auto won't save them any money.

That said, I do think the reality will continue to be that the manual take rate will be quite low. Hopefully it remains high enough that Ford continues to produce them, though, as I believe it's an option necessary to maintain the "enthusiast" thread for this vehicle. There will be wildly enthusiastic buyers who will go to other options if the manny isn't an option.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Big Bend Demo at Granger Motors has true 35’s with the 2.3 MT and 4.46 gears. It was just fine but I was in central Iowa which is basically flat. Perhaps climbing a 40 degree rock wall might prove me wrong, but I don’t have the personal equipment to even attempt that anyways! :cool:
I’ll be riding in that granger demo in 10 min!! Heading there now. I’m not excited or anything.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ll be riding in that granger demo in 10 min!! Heading there now. I’m not excited or anything.
Let me know what you think. I drove both and loved them both but also realized it could have been a Bronco power wheels and probably would have liked that too!

ps: you will find these folks are great in person too!

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mansquatch essentially requires paying for the auto transmission - it isn't more than the auto, though. If someone wants a manual and isn't choosing that just to save money but actually prefers it, they should still get the manual. Switching to auto won't save them any money.

That said, I do think the reality will continue to be that the manual take rate will be quite low. Hopefully it remains high enough that Ford continues to produce them, though, as I believe it's an option necessary to maintain the "enthusiast" thread for this vehicle. There will be wildly enthusiastic buyers who will go to other options if the manny isn't an option.
As the jeepers convert over I definitely think the manuals will continue at or near current rate. The initial influx didn’t swing the jeep curve. That is now beginning to occur

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m shopping for a wheel and maybe tire upgrade for my 2 door badlands manual non sas. I went with the stock badlands wheels, they are functional but don’t excite me in pictures. I’m thinking that for me the 285/75R17 is the way to go rather than jumping to a 315/70, but I may just keep the stock 285/70 BFG’s since the C rated 285/75 offerings are limited. Even with the 4.70 gearing I don’t want to overwhelm the little 2.3L with too much tire. I think the additional 1.2” of width is harder for the engine to push than another inch of height.

I’d like to keep the tread of the 285 tires within the flares. Method has a +35mm 17x8.5 wheel in bronze that I like. The math should work out to 20mm on the offset and another 6.52mm on the width, so an effective difference just over an inch compared to stock. looking at the OP’s pic here of the poke, I think I’d overshoot by 10mm.

Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands 14888174-3D64-44B1-9CD7-15FA91935DAD

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not saying that, I'm saying a certain number of BadSquatch buyers are going to say 'well I don't want to pay for an auto transmission I'm not even getting so ill nix Squatch' OR they'll say 'well I'm already paying for it may as well get the auto'. I'm in the former group, but I'm willing to bet that the latter will happen much more often because let's be honest, to most people the Sasquatch package is about the looks.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not saying that, I'm saying a certain number of BadSquatch buyers are going to say 'well I don't want to pay for an auto transmission I'm not even getting so ill nix Squatch' OR they'll say 'well I'm already paying for it may as well get the auto'. I'm in the former group, but I'm willing to bet that the latter will happen much more often because let's be honest, to most people the Sasquatch package is about the looks.
Yeah, we agree. That will definitely happen.

In the former case, I get it - it's essentially saying that the upgrade to Squatch isn't worth the price (which I would mostly agree with). In the latter, it will be people for whom the manny isn't important, it was just a consideration to save a few bucks (like $1500, but still). If they prefer the auto to the manual if the price is the same, then they're getting a better vehicle for them.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ive been doing this same research, manual badlands has all same gearing and axels as SAS. the issue with 35 is first the SAS does have a travel bump stop limiting the travel so the 35 wont hit inside well, thats why folks mention that the standard badlands actually has the most "capable" suspension. So, your final question as is mine would be .....will the small 1 inch level kit allow 35 to fit since you wont have any bump stop in the suspension????

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m shopping for a wheel and maybe tire upgrade for my 2 door badlands manual non sas. I went with the stock badlands wheels, they are functional but don’t excite me in pictures. I’m thinking that for me the 285/75R17 is the way to go rather than jumping to a 315/70, but I may just keep the stock 285/70 BFG’s since the C rated 285/75 offerings are limited. Even with the 4.70 gearing I don’t want to overwhelm the little 2.3L with too much tire. I think the additional 1.2” of width is harder for the engine to push than another inch of height.

I’d like to keep the tread of the 285 tires within the flares. Method has a +35mm 17x8.5 wheel in bronze that I like. The math should work out to 20mm on the offset and another 6.52mm on the width, so an effective difference just over an inch compared to stock. looking at the OP’s pic here of the poke, I think I’d overshoot by 10mm.

Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands 14888174-3D64-44B1-9CD7-15FA91935DAD
Those wheels and some 285/75 OpenCountry At3s is what I'm planning as an eventual upgrade for my badlands

Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my badlands manual non sas a few weeks ago and bought a set of sas takeoffs locally. I only had to remove the crash bars and they don’t rub at all. I have the zone off-road 1inch level lift, but decided not to install right now as I think it looks good the way it is. I’m also worried about warranty. I can’t speak for full articulation but everyday driving, it rides just as nice as the 33’s did. Still haven't adjusted my speedo yet:/

Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands A0FA04A3-2888-4C2B-A752-CBF5BAAA7EEC

OP
OP
EVH1994

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks everyone for the responses! You guys confirmed what I was kind of leaning towards, so I’m going to forego the Sasquatch package. I’ll drive around on the stock 33” KO2s for a while and see if I actually need 35” tires before making the jump. $4090 just doesn’t seem worth it on the Manual Badlands.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those wheels and some 285/75 OpenCountry At3s is what I'm planning as an eventual upgrade for my badlands
I’m not waiting for “eventual” on the upgrades. I learned on previous trucks that the most cost effective time to mod is when it’s brand new so you can enjoy those mods for the longest period of vehicle ownership. I’ve got a vin for a build 11/17, so I’m looking to order parts on Black Friday if there are any deals to be had and install everything when the truck is brand new.

Example: I waited 6 years to add the pacbrake and manual hub conversion on my Dodge 2500 daily driver, about $3K worth of upgrades that I installed at 90K miles. Soon after I got a commuter car and put just another 30K miles on the truck in the following 6 years, so those mods had a very high cost per mile enjoyed. I spent about $3K in stereo on that truck within the first year of ownership, in comparison I definitely got my money worth out of that investment having driven it over 100K miles.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up my badlands manual non sas a few weeks ago and bought a set of sas takeoffs locally. I only had to remove the crash bars and they don’t rub at all. I have the zone off-road 1inch level lift, but decided not to install right now as I think it looks good the way it is. I’m also worried about warranty. I can’t speak for full articulation but everyday driving, it rides just as nice as the 33’s did. Still haven't adjusted my speedo yet:/

Ford Bronco 35s on Non-Sasquatch Badlands A0FA04A3-2888-4C2B-A752-CBF5BAAA7EEC
It looks great! I think the level lift would fit it well with those tires. I was eyeballing the 1.25” spacer lift for front for mine. I’ll probably get dumb and do the King coilovers or similar.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picking up my non-Sasquatch badlands today and going straight to tire shop to replace the 33s with 35s and +18 offset wheels. Mines an automatic so will have the 4.46 gears but I’m fine with it. Jeep is only putting 4.56 on their 35in tire package.
Final product. Love it

2399D1D9-7BE3-4E9F-8003-E084BC083CD6.jpeg
Sponsored