First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
LiFePo is fantastic for longevity, weight, maintenance and holding a charge longer. It’s just less energy dense so it needs to be physically larger for the same capacity. If you’re buying a power station today, make sure it’s LiFePo for long term capacity.
I actually sell LiFePO batteries for a living. OK, I'm the Quality Engineer, not sales, but you get the idea.

One of the big attractions to LiFePO is safety. They don't explode and catch on fire when you run a jagged shard of metal through them.

They are perfect for static installation, but most of our applications are still mobile though. One of our largest customers builds battery powered refrigeration trailers.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love the 6G but Ford go this direction with the 7G. Hire the whoever did these renders.
16E66580-ED4C-4589-9DFE-6C4103377032.jpeg
And history repeats itself. . .
I’d actually be okay with the Bronco “as a brand” idea with the above concepts on the menu. I’d still be 4D6G style, but I get why people’d want a half ton Bronco.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No electric for me, I’ll keep my 22 and burn gas.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Advancement in technology is a human wonder. However, humans also gave the unique ability to BS in order to coerce. I suggest folks take the time to obtain factual information concerning EV batteries, power grid, and real world performance and use age. ( Don’t neglect residential charging). May I recommend watching the John Stossel videos concerning EV facts. Draw your own conclusions from such factual data.
I'm interested in learning more about this if you have sources beyond a political pundit. (I trust Stossel no more or less than Anderson Cooper, John Oliver, or any talking head.)

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with both sides of the discussion that technology is constantly evolving.

The one topic no one is really talking about is that it's thrown in our face all the time about "foreign oil" we rely on. The US does not need to rely on foreign oil (we just choose to use foreign oil). What about foreign materials to make all these batteries for the potentially mandated EV's? The US has one area of lithium in Nevada. We will now be depending on foreign lithium. I'm concerned that we are just replacing one natural resource for another. Need to find a safer renewable resource than oil or lithium.
Imperial County in California is home to one of the largest lithium deposits in the world. Its just a matter of collecting it, which at least 3 major operations are pumping money into making it happen - getting large doses of money from most of the major car makers.

It's pulling lithium out of brine rather that mining for it or running evaporation tanks - so, from what "they" are saying, environmentally friendly.

It's been in the press a lot in the past year.

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread cracks me up :ROFLMAO:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A 2 or more car household is pretty common. I've never thought it be a bad idea to have 1 ICE and 1 EV. One for driving around town and normal daily commutes. Very few people are driving 250+ miles a day.

There are still issues with people that don't live in houses though. Most people in an apartment don't have a garage meaning no easy access to charge over night.

No reason for these things to not coexist. We have a fuel shortage due to some massive storm that happens? Great, there are some EVs on the road making the impact a little less felt. Don't buy one if you don't like it, but it's a weird thing to take an angry stance about. I'm going to drive my bronco for 10 years and see where we are at. It's good to keep an open mind.
Get out of here with your sober analysis!! :LOL:

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hydrogen Fuel Cells would be my guess?
Use wind, solar to get Hydrogen from water using hydrolosis.
H2O Is the by-product.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's a saying about "assuming".
You can call it anything you want but unless you have insider information access, everything we do on this vehicle until 2030 is assume.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get out of here with your sober analysis!! :LOL:
What is so sober about making ICE usage super expensive ON PURPOSE, so that EV's will be more "attractive", vs subsidizing the crap out of EV's and their infrastructure, so that you pay a LOT less no matter which way you want to go?

THAT is the outrage, not the EV's themselves.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What does "BEV" and "T6 Platform" mean?
T6 is the old global ranger platform which also currently underpinned the current and next gen Ranger as well as the 6g Bronco so while the top hat or body may change a bit for the 7th gen the non BEV Bronco will share a lot of hard points with the 6th gen, especially where the frame is concerned.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is so sober about making ICE usage super expensive ON PURPOSE, so that EV's will be more "attractive", vs subsidizing the crap out of EV's and their infrastructure, so that you pay a LOT less no matter which way you want to go?

THAT is the outrage, not the EV's themselves.
I hate to break it to you, but gasoline is government subsidized as well.

Bob L

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really think we'll see a hybrid or EV in the current gen.
I agree, Ranger is supposed to get hybrid in 2024, and Wrangler already has a hybrid, Ranger (common engineering) Wrangler (direct competition) Hybrid is coming!
Sponsored