Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody has a problem with that. The problem is akin to you sitting at a table (dealer) and ordering a medium rare steak with veggies, and a roll (along with 10000 other people ordering the same thing, some at your table and others at different tables) while the take out folks come in a year or more after you and and order the exact same medium rare steak with veggies, and a roll and they get served before the other 10001 folks who ordered first and have been waiting (forget the reservation if you like, they actually ordered first as soon as Ford allowed it). Because of the limited permutations available and the (estimating) 90K reservations outstanding there are statistically many basic builds that could be built right now that reservation holders ordered first and they are getting skipped because Ford prefers to serve their favorite tables more often regardless of commodities. It won't be long before Ford is putting Steaks, veggies, and rolls at empty tables (dealer stock) to be sold whenever anyone sits at that table, all while the other folks continue to wait.
Clearly the hostess seated you at a table served by Sarah. Sarah serves one small table that usually only seats four customers at a time. Because of this, the chef usually only prepares one or two plates per hour for her table. And because she does not make much in tips, Sarah cannot kick much back to the chef to prepare her plates faster, or the manager to give her more / bigger tables. Sarah can give great service because she has so few tables. Or she may simply try to get the most money from the customers she does have, upcharging with refills and appetizers while customers wait for their food.

Now if you had been seated at Wanda's table, you'd be all-set. Wanda serves 7 large tables. All of the restaurant's biggest customers know in advance that they will get the best service from Wanda and so ask the hostess for her table exclusively. Wanda accumulates a lot of tips, and so is able to give a hefty payout to the hostess to get a good word for wealthy newcomers and the chef to get the best foods the fastest.

Newcomers to the restaurant get seated by the hostess with servers like Sarah. They don't know that it will cause them to wait longer for their food. Frequent patrons will request Wanda knowing that they will get their food faster - though they may not get better service.

The manager does not care that Sarah's table is served slowly as long as the customer stays seated rather than going to another restaurant. Even giving a free plate of chips or nachos is sound business as long as the customer doesn't leave the restaurant.

This is the allocation system. Unless you go in from the outset knowing how to distinguish Sarah from Wanda, and why you need to do so, you can end up spending an eternity waiting for your steak.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those that were not around at the beginning of the Bronco launch and reservations, here is what FORD said, in print, on their website, AT DIFFERENT TIMES, to entice people to signup for a reservation, before they changed the rules two or three times.

Bronco Reservations FAQ
Jul 15, 2020
Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
• Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know
Oct 26, 2020
Original Q&A

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

New Q&A

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, commodity constraints, residency, delivery, and final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

Updated Bronco FAQ
Dec 15, 2020

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received using timestamp, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.
You know, I really wanted to post this but just didn't have the energy. I'm quite tired of these "know-it-all" newbies rolling in here within the last six months telling me that I have no right to be pissed at Ford. So, I just sit back and let them be stupid. I'm pissed at Ford, and there ain't no newbie gonna tell me I can't. :)

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the more appropriate comparison is that the restaurant ran out of the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. Or more appropriately in this case the main part of the entree that was selected from the menu.
Nice. I went with the forks and plates because that would prevent me from getting my meal. They could still bring me out a plate with a t-bone, without the potatoes and spinach though.

Now I gotta go get some lunch! 🤤

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Realistically, how do WE go about changing this situation? Bombard customer service, Ford execs on social media, bug the big news companies, organize protests, pool money together to hire a legal team, post signs all around Ford corporate etc? We all vent on here but thats not how you get things done.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And this is it! We've converted globally sourced mass manufacturing to sitting down at an IHOP for pancakes and a lap dance.

Sponsored

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear Ford,

I have always loved and defended my favorite automotive brand. I've owned a number of Mustangs, Torino's, Mavericks, F150's and others over the years.

Everything about this release has been terrible. No communication and plenty of broken promises.

You should have stood by your promise to follow reservation timestamp and not some whack-a-mole dealer allocation plan. The early reservations are your loyal base customers and you are going to lose a bunch. It might not matter for the success of the Bronco but in the long run this will hurt the Ford brand.

I'm not lost yet but I'm about done waiting without any commuication indicating when I can expect this. It's going on 2 years. Say something.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe this will help:
  1. Look at yourself in a mirror and repeat the following until you believe it.
  2. "I am not Ford's customer. Ford's only customers are dealerships."
I know it stings, but it's reality.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This situation is slightly different. I am guessing that you ordered a higher up model like a badlands or a FE or a wildtrack. Me too, back in May. But in August I followed their instructions on how to get one faster. I ordered a 4 door big bend with a soft top and just a mid package. I possessed it almost 3 months later to the day. My badlands? No word yet.

Try to look at it like this:
You and I are waiting for the booths that we reserved, by the window overlooking the lake. Folks who want to sit at the bar are being let in because there is room at the bar.

eh? :)
Totally ignores allocations after the fact

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe this will help:
  1. Look at yourself in a mirror and repeat the following until you believe it.
  2. "I am not Ford's customer. Ford's only customers are dealerships."
I know it stings, but it's reality.
And yet people buying cars generate revenue for shareholders @Ford Motor Company. It’s a mistake to ignore that.

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This situation is slightly different. I am guessing that you ordered a higher up model like a badlands or a FE or a wildtrack. Me too, back in May. But in August I followed their instructions on how to get one faster. I ordered a 4 door big bend with a soft top and just a mid package. I possessed it almost 3 months later to the day. My badlands? No word yet.

Try to look at it like this:
You and I are waiting for the booths that we reserved, by the window overlooking the lake. Folks who want to sit at the bar are being let in because there is room at the bar.

eh? :)
That's the thing though. I had a reservation, ordered a Badlands Sas w/ soft top and 2.7 high package. Ordered a second one identical at another dealer with no res.

No res order has a build date (3.5 weeks from order - including Christmas and NY when they took 3 weeks off scheduling.), reservation order does not.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Normally when you quote something on the forum you link to the post, I did not see your link so it sounded like it was inside information.

Understanding The Ford Order Process
10-4...I just copied and pasted a piece from that process vs quoting the entire process. I went back and edited and put OUOTE and UNQUOTE around the part I pasted. All good :) It will be a great day when the last reservation holder has their bronco delivered

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's the thing though. I had a reservation, ordered a Badlands Sas w/ soft top and 2.7 high package. Ordered a second one identical at another dealer with no res.

No res order has a build date (3.5 weeks from order - including Christmas and NY when they took 3 weeks off scheduling.), reservation order does not.
It's allocations, I'm telling you. 2nd dealer had available, 1st dealer didn't.

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Realistically, how do WE go about changing this situation? Bombard customer service, Ford execs on social media, bug the big news companies, organize protests, pool money together to hire a legal team, post signs all around Ford corporate etc? We all vent on here but thats not how you get things done.
Tag @Ford Motor Company and @mrlevine. All the time, every time.