Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is a little premature to decide to wait, at least for me, until I get the call from my dealer to put my order in. I'm not 100% happy with the way the different models are configured but this isn't unique to Ford. The Wrangler has limitations on what options are available for different models. If everything was a la carte with Jeep I would have gotten a new one a year or two ago. I'm glad I didn't because I think I'll like the Bronco more.

Anyway, I'm hoping Ford makes some changes before I get that call. If they don't I'm not sure what I'll do. I think I could be happy with what I've configured in B&P. The major head scratcher that may not get addressed prior to launch is the color mismatch between the B pillar, the body and the MIC top.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m altering my build to get mine as early as possible by giving up on the manual Sasquatch. I have a first day reservation and I want to hit the trails!

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve been waiting for this for a LOOONNNG time. I have a decent down payment set aside, Iā€™m getting everything I want and I was a 7/13 reservation. Iā€™m getting it and showing that bad boy off to everyone else that gets cold feet.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me or is anyone else delaying their orders of their Bronco?

Since the build and price has come out and I now know how much Iā€™ll be spending along with whatā€™s offered, Iā€™m gonna go ahead and delay ordering. I was disappointed in the only roof option being the MIC gray and the painted black being delayed. My thought is if Iā€™m gonna shell out $50 on a badlands like I want, why rush and compromise on something that will drive me nuts. Added the fact that in 2022 the will offer body paint matching top, Iā€™m just gonna wait and make sure itā€™s exactly what I want.

just wondered if anyone else was having similar thoughts?
Iā€™m in the same boat, unless they make a declaration for swap/retrofit for painted tops, I too am delaying my order.

I intend to go Cyber Orange w/painted black top, not sun-baked gray.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My September 21 reservation did exactly what I hoped, Become an MY22 Reservation. I'm hoping Ford opens the banks in segments and let the MY21 folks have their turn and get building Bronco's.

Open order banks for MY22 build sometime in July after the kinks are worked out.

Until then, I just keep driving my Toyota Highlander that was supposed to be a holdover vehicle waiting for the less than impressive last jeep wrangler update. Ford Teased the Bronco at the right time and I never bought the wrangler and I have been waiting to buy my perfect build since June 2017. I'm out of free oils changes on the Toyota, so let's try and move this along before it needs tires. Haha

teerussyo

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm seeing 2 options now:

1 - delay and buy a Wildtrack or OBX in a future year, this assumes that heritage options come out such as the white interior, white top, etc.

2 - dial back my MY21 order to a lower trim, save $20k+, acknowledge that I'll be primarily using an aftermarket soft top (2 door) so the crappy hard top offering doesn't matter, buy other aftermarket accessories like rims and tires and grill and dash to overcome lousy B&P options. There's no way I'm spending $60k for a car that has an Avis rental car interior, but I can live with it at a much lower price.

I bought an old Jeep TJ over the weekend after souring on the B&P options - so I can enjoy that for awhile and delay.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure Iā€™m going to wait as well unfortunately. Iā€™m going 2 door mansquatch badlands, and that alone will be late apparently. So just gonna go blacktop with shadow black likely.

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sometimes I wonder if people posting around here have never had to settle for what is available on the lots within driving distance.

Getting your Bronco %90 perfect isn't good enough? Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but life rarely works out exactly how we'd like it to.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sometimes I wonder if people posting around here have never had to settle for what is available on the lots within driving distance.

Getting your Bronco %90 perfect isn't good enough? Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but life rarely works out exactly how we'd like it to.
If you can wait a bit and get 100% of what you want, why settle for 90%? In the model Ford is using you don't need to settle for what's on the lot. If you can order what you want eventually why wouldn't you?

Sponsored

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you can wait a bit and get 100% of what you want, why settle for 90%? In the model Ford is using you don't need to settle for what's on the lot. If you can order what you want eventually why wouldn't you?
Because life is short and a lot can happen in 18 months.

It is easy to find reasons not to do something. Not so easy to actually do it.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since the build and price has come out and I now know how much Iā€™ll be spending along with whatā€™s offered, Iā€™m gonna go ahead and delay ordering. I was disappointed in the only roof option being the MIC gray and the painted black being delayed. My thought is if Iā€™m gonna shell out $50 on a badlands like I want, why rush and compromise on something that will drive me nuts. Added the fact that in 2022 the will offer body paint matching top, Iā€™m just gonna wait and make sure itā€™s exactly what I want.

giphy.gif

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some are OK with settling with whatever is easy, when just a little more effort will get them what they really wanted.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No delay here. Been waiting 24 years for Ford to remedy their mistake in 1996. Pressing on with my reservation and converting to order in two weeks. I have a first day reservation and will not wait because I can get an 2 DR, AMB, BD, V6, Auto, Mid, Squatch for $47K (MSRP) aka 'The Mid-Life Crisis'.
Keep the faith and wait with us, you have made it this far and it will be over in 9 months for MY21 reservation holders. For everyone with a post September 18th reservation, you have our support and I for one am willing to give rides (on and offroad) to all in Colorado that are waiting on their MY22 Bronco. :cool:
See you next summer on the trails and roads of Colorado.(y)

Evilriderobx

Outer Banks
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yep
Sponsored