Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point, First Edition vs Other is all that matters it would seem.
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was either going V8 and all the options, or if that wasn’t offered - 4 cyl and base.

Sasquatch package is dependent on price. I bought a new set of 37x12.5x17 KO2s for my H2 for under $1,500, and gear swap is about $2,200 to get 4.88s, add a couple hundred for a rear locker (I would never use front locker) and the package has to come in below $4,000 or it won’t be worth it to me.

And it’s a hell of a lot cheaper (essentially only the added cost of e-lockers) for Ford to install that 4.70 gear ratio on the assembly line than it is after its left the factory.

JH1026

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Yaris, 2016 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone seen pictures of the Base interior? A badlands would be nice, but for $50k+, I can pass. The Black Diamond looks quite nice options wise, but the potential price of the sasquatch package is scary. Rims and tires will be ~$2,000, suspension upgrades ~$2,000, $500 rear locker, $500 front locker. These are complete guesses. Also, the mid package on an F-150 is almost $2,500, so take the Sasquatch + mid package and the Black Diamond gets up there in price rather fast.

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely in the 2 door Base+ Sasquatch camp. It already has enough creature comfort I need, the color I want (Antimatter blue), and will most likely exceed the capability I'll need. The only other model I'm interested after that would be Black Diamond.

That comes standard with a rear locker, all the under-body protection, 32" light truck tires, and all weatherproof interior. Which that would also cover all of my needs.

I imagine they'll both be in a similar price range.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why I may not do Base vs Badlands.

-SASQ same additional cost for both (it's a wash)
-Rock rails already on (approx cost 300+ to base model price)
-Different bumper (prefer Badlands but if got base probably mod it myself)
-Privacy glass (prefer Badlands but if got base would leave alone. Basically a non-issue)
-Rubber flooring and Marine grade seating (PRICELESS but free to cut out carpet, About 600+ for Wet Okole covers)
-Tow package (not sure if optional on base model)
-Disco's (not sure if you can get on base model but since I no longer rock crawl I can live without)
-Manual trans on 4 door (NOT avail on base? Might I have to rethink auto with bigger motor?)

I did this mainly for me, to see if it would make sense to pay for a higher model.
---I guess IF I can compromise on the transmission which I can not easily change BUT after looking up "average automatic transmission rebuild cost (2800-3800) on AAMCO's site I should probably factor in some dollars here as a future savings...let's say $2000 deducted from the Badlands cost. I have had ZERO issues with my manuals for the past 2 decades. No trans/clutch issues
---Add rock rails (easily done)
---Change/mod bumper(s) (easily done)
---Who cares about glass...roof and doors off 7 and 6 months respectively
---Cut out carpet (did this with current JP and since I do not sell my vehicles, no worries about killing resale value)
---Tow package - wait an see if avail on base model
---Can I compromise on the area 51 color option???
If I add to the base model all the things I would pay to change fairly quickly, my base model cost might go up by say 900-2000

Soooo, is it worth 11,390 (or 9,390-10,490) to get the added extra goodies, 1st paint choice? Food for thought between now and December. Posting this on here in case others are able to offer insight
EDIT: THOUGHTS on Sasq price: cost difference between Badlands: $44,590 and Wildtrak (which includes Sasq) : $51,370
in the 4 door versions is about 6K+. Will have to see how much Sasq is alone as a package.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What turned me off about the base model was you get either no gears/locker or sasquatch. That might be fine if we know the price upgrade. Otherwise you are stuck with 3.73 gears and open diffs. The base also comes with carpet. I want the rubber floors with drains. Have to go to Black Diamond for that.

So, instead of getting the base like I wanted, I had to go up two packages to get the floor and mid gears (4.27?) with rear locker. I probably will get the base Black Diamond with no additional packages though.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Making the Sasquatch package available on every trim was the BEST move Ford made with the Bronco! Think about how many people walk in to Jeep dealers wanting a Rubicon because it has the most offroad worthy components only to find out they can't afford 50k+. They stroll on over to the Ford dealer to see you can easily get 35's, suspension, lockers for under 35k-ish... under 40k easy. Game Changer.
Jeep is probably going to have to totally redefine the rubicon. Ford just eviscerated it because the biggest thing, and the hardest/most expensive for aftermarket is the lockers and diff gearing. But if Jeep adds lockers to the sport S(I think they will get rid of the sport honestly) there will be a lot of people with zero need for a rubicon. Ford put jeep into a pickle that’s for sure.

Has anyone seen pictures of the Base interior? A badlands would be nice, but for $50k+, I can pass. The Black Diamond looks quite nice options wise, but the potential price of the sasquatch package is scary. Rims and tires will be ~$2,000, suspension upgrades ~$2,000, $500 rear locker, $500 front locker. These are complete guesses. Also, the mid package on an F-150 is almost $2,500, so take the Sasquatch + mid package and the Black Diamond gets up there in price rather fast.
I haven’t been able to find any pictures of the base honestly. Seems like they just don’t exist LOL

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why I may not do Base vs Badlands.

-SASQ same additional cost for both (it's a wash)
-Rock rails already on (approx cost 300+ to base model price)
-Different bumper (prefer Badlands but if got base probably mod it myself)
-Privacy glass (prefer Badlands but if got base would leave alone. Basically a non-issue)
-Rubber flooring and Marine grade seating (PRICELESS but free to cut out carpet, About 600+ for Wet Okole covers)
-Tow package (not sure if optional on base model)
-Disco's (not sure if you can get on base model but since I no longer rock crawl I can live without)
-Manual trans on 4 door (NOT avail on base? Might I have to rethink auto with bigger motor?)

I did this mainly for me, to see if it would make sense to pay for a higher model.
---I guess IF I can compromise on the transmission which I can not easily change BUT after looking up "average automatic transmission rebuild cost (2800-3800) on AAMCO's site I should probably factor in some dollars here as a future savings...let's say $2000 deducted from the Badlands cost. I have had ZERO issues with my manuals for the past 2 decades. No trans/clutch issues
---Add rock rails (easily done)
---Change/mod bumper(s) (easily done)
---Who cares about glass...roof and doors off 7 and 6 months respectively
---Cut out carpet (did this with current JP and since I do not sell my vehicles, no worries about killing resale value)
---Tow package - wait an see if avail on base model
---Can I compromise on the area 51 color option???
If I add to the base model all the things I would pay to change fairly quickly, my base model cost might go up by say 900-2000

Soooo, is it worth 11,390 (or 9,390-10,490) to get the added extra goodies, 1st paint choice? Food for thought between now and December. Posting this on here in case others are able to offer insight!
I've had various issues with automatic transmissions. Just had my Jeep TJ auto trans rebuilt. No problems with my manual transmissions. Got over 200,000 miles out of my wife's Geo Storm manual trans - without a clutch change!

I'm not against the auto trans and liked my auto trans CJ7 for off-roading (when it wasn't overheating). Just haven't had good luck with them as the miles piled up. Hopefully Ford offers a strong manual trans in the Bronco. Manual is what I'm leaning towards at the moment - will see once we get to test drive.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm on a budget so I'm firmly in the base camp. Actually, I've been lurking for years on this forum because I was skeptical that Ford was actually going to offer anything affordable. I thought it was another pipe dream, so why waste my time. I wanted something that I could be out the door for under $32k and lo, and behold, Ford actually delivered. I love modding, so it makes sense to start with a blank canvas and go from there.

Other reasons I want to stay base: Once again, Ford doesn't offer a real green color and instead does these color shifting greens that are more another color than green. Hopefully we get some real pictures of Area 51 instead of these weird CGI colors. It could turn out to be more Green Gem than Guard and then I might consider upgrading to Big Bend.

I might just go white as a base and wrap it in a green color that I like. That gets me the white top that I want, I have the EXACT green that I want, and it adds alittle more protection off road. Also, the interior color that I want is once again in the sky-high models and combined with black. Ford will build a saddle themed interior in a Lincoln but not in their two horse-themed vehicles?! :unsure:

There's going to be molded mat options, so the wash out floors isn't a big deal.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's going to be molded mat options, so the wash out floors isn't a big deal.
My issue here is daily driver through all weather half of the year. Will still need to cut out carpet due to rain/moisture.
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread floormats

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The best look I’ve seen of a “base” interior is the Jimmy Chin 2-door commercial. I’m not even sure that it’s the base interior but it has the 8 inch screen. Even then though it only has glimpses and you can’t actually see much of anything.

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nick, my initial gut feeling was to go all in on the Bronco, but now that the honeymoon has faded I'm considering the same thing. This won't be my daily driver, I'll only be using it for what it's meant for. If anything I'd drop it down to the black diamond. Mechanically the only difference between Base with Sasquatch and the Badlands/Wildtrak is the Automatic 4x4 which I assume comes with the 2.7+auto trans? If so that's not a big deal to me.

I think once I see package and option pricing this will be a lot easier. I don't need the creature comforts, but if vinyl seats and drain plugs can be added to the base for cheaper than doing it myself it's a box I'd definitely tick.