"Budget" 4 Door Badlands-Sasquatch Configuration - Using Survey Pricing

Four Door Badlands - $44590
Destination Charge - $1495
Standard Package - $0
Sasquatch - $2500
2.3 EcoBoost with Auto Tranmission - $1600
Grey Hardtop - $700

Total: $50885

I would love your feedback regarding my potential 4dr Badlands Sasquatch configuration. My desires are:

Keep price down
Bad ass big tire look (high ground clearance good!)
Good highway vehicle. Yes, Bronco are not built for highways, but some will be better than others

What I don't care about are large screens, other electronics and technology, heated seats and steering wheel, auto dimming mirrors, high beam assist, any other types of assistance, leather doo dads, remote start, floor lighting, etc, etc and on and on

With that said, am I better off getting a base sasquatch four door?

Thanks for your help!
FWIW....my Base Squatch build goes like this:

Base 4 Door - $33,200
2.7 V6 - $1,900
Sasquatch - $5,000
Destination - $1,495
Total - $41,595, no 2.7 - $39,695.

Now I'm keeping the soft top because that is a large chunk of the reason for my purpose., otherwise adding hardtop should bring my total to $42,295. That is like $8,600 less than a Badlands.

After a bunch of reading, I'm 50/50 on keeping the 2.3. Gearing and tranny should make the power output a non-issue. I just need it to move smartly, not going to be street racing it. Now if I go non-squatch then 2.7 for a little street racing on 30's.

I do have an alternate build, a Big Bend that goes like this:

Big Bend 4 Door - $35,880
Auto - $1,600
4.27 E-Locker - $500 (just a guess)
Destination - $1,495
Total - $39,475

My issue with the Sasquatch package is that I don't think I really want 35" tires, would rather have 33's. Big Bend gives me tires that are a touch over 32". Plus I like the grill and wheels better than what is on the Base.

But my issue with the Big Bend build is that I can get 4.46 E-Locker, similar size tires, auto, vinyl seats and floor and some better bumpers and bash plate for $41,640 with the Black Diamond.

Not to mention, BB and BD get me to the color choices I really want. It is this that will probably drive to something other than a Base model.

If by some magical landing of a unicorn and I could do a Base 4 Door with a 4.27 LSD in the back, front axle upgrade to the M210 and 255/75R17's, I think I'd be good. Vinyl seats and floor would be icing on the cake. Thinking that build should land me around $36,500ish.

Also think any build would include the aux switches.

Need to see B&P!!!
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Advanced transfer case is avail on base with Sasquatch only. Not a standalone option.
I hope you are wrong! Where did you get your info?
The 'Auto 4wd' option is meant more for on-road use than for off-roading, where the 'locked' 4x4 can be used off road.
The F-150 has this listed in the owners manual:
>>>>
Using the 2-Speed Automatic 4WD System
This system includes an electronically controlled transfer case with a high capacity clutch. The system is interactive with the road, continually monitoring and adjusting power delivery to the front and rear wheels to optimize traction.

Are we even talking about the same thing?..... 'Advanced Transfer case' vs 'Automatic 4wd'?

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you are wrong! Where did you get your info?
The 'Auto 4wd' option is meant more for on-road use than for off-roading, where the 'locked' 4x4 can be used off road.
The F-150 has this listed in the owners manual:
>>>>
Using the 2-Speed Automatic 4WD System
This system includes an electronically controlled transfer case with a high capacity clutch. The system is interactive with the road, continually monitoring and adjusting power delivery to the front and rear wheels to optimize traction.

Are we even talking about the same thing?..... 'Advanced Transfer case' vs 'Automatic 4wd'?
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 6C7E3D9E-D77D-4B57-8F6C-D63EEA6D39D1

All listed optional equipment here is part of the Sasquatch package. Says it somewhere else but my brain is melting from all the info coming out over the last few weeks. Auto 4WD is a part of the Advanced 4x4. Highly doubt Ford will offer that as a stand-alone when the only available options on the base model are squatch and aux switches. On the comparisons chart, pretty much everything listed as available for the base is a Sasquatch item. Will update this if I track down where I saw that originally.

Edit: see update in post #1,005, this may be incorrect.

Last edited:

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 6C7E3D9E-D77D-4B57-8F6C-D63EEA6D39D1

All listed optional equipment here is part of the Sasquatch package. Says it somewhere else but my brain is melting from all the info coming out over the last few weeks. Auto 4WD is a part of the Advanced 4x4. Highly doubt Ford will offer that as a stand-alone when the only available options on the base model are squatch and aux switches. On the comparisons chart, pretty much everything listed as available for the base is a Sasquatch item. Will update this if I track down where I saw that originally.
I don't think this is correct (at least I hope anyways). All of the brochures that I've seen list the advanced 4x4 as a powertrain option for the base trim. Other options in that brochure like the 35" tires and lockers specify that they are part of the sasquatch package.

I also believe that the advanced 4x4 option is what gives you the 94:1 gear ratio on the crawler gear and the sasquatch is not currently available in a manual. This is definitely a must have feature for me so I'm hoping this is still the case anyways.

Reactions: RG7

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think this is correct (at least I hope anyways). All of the brochures that I've seen list the advanced 4x4 as a powertrain option for the base trim. Other options in that brochure like the 35" tires and lockers specify that they are part of the sasquatch package.

I also believe that the advanced 4x4 option is what gives you the 94:1 gear ratio on the crawler gear and the sasquatch is not currently available in a manual. This is definitely a must have feature for me so I'm hoping this is still the case anyways.
I really think the advantage of the advanced 4wd is the all weather capability. The low range ratio is only about 10% lower, so your 94:1 craw ratio becomes 85:1 , you will never notice.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

..... list the advanced 4x4 as a powertrain option......
That's what I have seen as well. It was listed as a $1000 option on some of the spreadsheets. That price may have been on the survey Ford sent out?

I would expect Ford to offer us a great selection of powertrain options on the Base, like they did on the LX 5.0 Mustangs of the 80's..... you could basically have a GT without all the fluff.

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keep in mind that the crawl ratio is a function of both the transfer case low range gearing and the differential gearing. There are essentially four potential combinations. Base model with standard gearing is 2.72/4.46. You need 3.06/4.70 to get the 94.75:1 final ratio in crawler gear. See below. My preferred setup is highlighted.

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Crawl Ratios.JPG

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really think the advantage of the advanced 4wd is the all weather capability. The low range ratio is only about 10% lower, so your 94:1 craw ratio becomes 85:1 , you will never notice.
I agree. The all weather capability is the main selling point for me. My wife will be driving the Bronco too so I want the "set it and forget it" option.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are the colors being offered in the base model? I've read that they are limited? Thanks.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No mention of advanced 4x4 as being included in Sasquatch package that I have seen in any of the literature.
What are the colors being offered in the base model? I've read that they are limited? Thanks.
No Race Red, Area 51, Cactus Grey or Cyber Orange for base.
https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...ronco/2021/mediakit/21_Bronco_Color_Sheet.pdf

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's what I have seen as well. It was listed as a $1000 option on some of the spreadsheets. That price may have been on the survey Ford sent out?
I made some of those spreadsheets and I just did a guess at the price and as far as I know it was not a survey option. Same for Aux switches. Hopefully these options are less.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
FWIW....my Base Squatch build goes like this:

Base 4 Door - $33,200
2.7 V6 - $1,900
Sasquatch - $5,000
Destination - $1,495
Total - $41,595, no 2.7 - $39,695.

Now I'm keeping the soft top because that is a large chunk of the reason for my purpose., otherwise adding hardtop should bring my total to $42,295. That is like $8,600 less than a Badlands.

After a bunch of reading, I'm 50/50 on keeping the 2.3. Gearing and tranny should make the power output a non-issue. I just need it to move smartly, not going to be street racing it. Now if I go non-squatch then 2.7 for a little street racing on 30's.

I do have an alternate build, a Big Bend that goes like this:

Big Bend 4 Door - $35,880
Auto - $1,600
4.27 E-Locker - $500 (just a guess)
Destination - $1,495
Total - $39,475

My issue with the Sasquatch package is that I don't think I really want 35" tires, would rather have 33's. Big Bend gives me tires that are a touch over 32". Plus I like the grill and wheels better than what is on the Base.

But my issue with the Big Bend build is that I can get 4.46 E-Locker, similar size tires, auto, vinyl seats and floor and some better bumpers and bash plate for $41,640 with the Black Diamond.

Not to mention, BB and BD get me to the color choices I really want. It is this that will probably drive to something other than a Base model.

If by some magical landing of a unicorn and I could do a Base 4 Door with a 4.27 LSD in the back, front axle upgrade to the M210 and 255/75R17's, I think I'd be good. Vinyl seats and floor would be icing on the cake. Thinking that build should land me around $36,500ish.

Also think any build would include the aux switches.

Need to see B&P!!!
I can relate! Been thinking I want a Black Diamond/2.7L w/hardtop in Cyber Orange $44,835 msrp. I don't really want 35s either, but there is no denying they look great. Base/Squatch/2.7L w/hardtop is $42,285 msrp. That's $1589 less which gives more off-road kit, better clearance, more aggressive stance and cloth seats (Vinyl in S. Florida heat worries me).

I'd probably choose Base/Squatch/2.7L if I could get it in Cyber Orange and live with the extra noise. I've driven myself to the point of obsession over the C.O. color and the Base colors suck imo. I'm now hanging out w/Humpty Dumpty with no idea which way I'll go. It's a pity we can't spec these cars exactly the way we want! Every combo I come up with has things I don't like/want/need.

Simon629

Badlands
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my reservation for the base 4 door however I don’t want the black hardtop upgrade that the base only offers because it looks cheap and will fade over time as does the jeeps black hard tops do. I will be going with the big bend so I can get the paint matched hard top. ??

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure this was covered somewhere. But can you fit a 33 on the 16x7 base wheel? I know 285 75 16 KO2 recommended 7.5 inch width at minimum.
It will fit and you're less likely to lose a bead when you air down.
The wider the rim the easier it is to have the tire come off the bead.

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if I get a base, I'm adding all option I can get:
Auto 2.7L sas... etc

I intend to use my bronco for speed offroad and I really love those wide tires on WT but the spec on ford website shows 315/70R17 (same as sasquatch). Did they just photoshoped that WT photo and made these tires look wide? o_O
Sponsored