deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Funny that they used what looks like a photo of a Base Model (based on the grill) to advertise the locking diffs when the Base doesn't come with any.
1598983265981.png
Another interesting use of a Base Model photo. I believe the Bronco only has the BIC water fording with the Sasquatch package and the Bronco in this photo definitely doesn't have it.

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1598985871464
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed.
But it was nowhere to be found in the pricing survey that Ford sent out.
Very few individual options were in the survey that was sent out, it was clearly oriented around packages, drivetrains and tops.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, let's keep our fingers crossed then.

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For what it's worth, a locker (just rear) is available as a standalone option on the lowest trim (XL) of the Ranger for $420, without requiring any other packages or add-ons. That gives me hope that Ford will make lockers (hopefully both) available on the base Bronco as well. If not, I'll get them aftermarket. I'm also hoping for the advanced transfer case for the lower gearing, as it will pair nicely with the 4.46 diff ratio and 33" tires.
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Crawl Ratios.JPG

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For what it's worth, a locker (just rear) is available as a standalone option on the lowest trim (XL) of the Ranger for $420, without requiring any other packages or add-ons. That gives me hope that Ford will make lockers (hopefully both) available on the base Bronco as well. If not, I'll get them aftermarket. I'm also hoping for the advanced transfer case for the lower gearing, as it will pair nicely with the 4.46 diff ratio and 33" tires.
Crawl Ratios.JPG
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 6.51.24 PM

If only, I could survive without the Squatch. But if they insist........

I had the shock of the wife insisting on a 4 door instead of a 2 door last weekend. So build plans have changed.

4D Base-2.7 Squatch MIC Hardtop Ironic Silver $42296 MSRP+D

if a locker is offered

4D Base-2.7 Locker MIC Hardtop Ironic Silver $37295 MSRP+D with 16x7 steel rims that can be mounted with 285/75 r16 almost 33s at $1000.

Last edited:

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
4D Base-2.7 Squatch MIC Hardtop Ironic Silver $42296 MSRP
This is the identical build I am going to put together. I think it is a great choice! I am going to add modular bumper. Not sure about roof rails or bull bar yet. If it is not hard to remove MIC hardtop panels with roof rails on, I will get them.

I went round and round with non squatch and after market wheels/tires/gear ratios etc . . . Finally decided Squatch is best for me.

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has is been confirmed if the advanced transfer case is an option on the Base?

If so, I'm starting to think that a Base, 6/speed, the 4.46 gears and the ATC ( if available) and a rear ARB locker on some 33"s would get me +90% of the way to a Sasquatch, for over $3,500 less.
$3.5k is a lot of cheddar.
It will get you far....but not 90 percent. No lift, no front locker, no upgraded axles, different fenders, 4.7 gearing....Thats a lot of cheddar you left behind!!
Seriously though it sounds like a descent plan. It will be a very capable rig. If they really offer the sasquatch for 5k that is a really good value for what you get. Its making me second guess doing exactly what you are considering.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Budget" 4 Door Badlands-Sasquatch Configuration - Using Survey Pricing

Four Door Badlands - $44590
Destination Charge - $1495
Standard Package - $0
Sasquatch - $2500
2.3 EcoBoost with Auto Tranmission - $1600
Grey Hardtop - $700

Total: $50885

I would love your feedback regarding my potential 4dr Badlands Sasquatch configuration. My desires are:

Keep price down
Bad ass big tire look (high ground clearance good!)
Good highway vehicle. Yes, Bronco are not built for highways, but some will be better than others

What I don't care about are large screens, other electronics and technology, heated seats and steering wheel, auto dimming mirrors, high beam assist, any other types of assistance, leather doo dads, remote start, floor lighting, etc, etc and on and on

With that said, am I better off getting a base sasquatch four door?

Thanks for your help!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will get you far....but not 90 percent. No lift, no front locker, no upgraded axles, different fenders, 4.7 gearing....Thats a lot of cheddar you left behind!!
Seriously though it sounds like a descent plan. It will be a very capable rig. If they really offer the sasquatch for 5k that is a really good value for what you get. Its making me second guess doing exactly what you are considering.
Well, it's most likely to be about $6900 total for the Sasquatch.
$5000 Sas + $1900 for the mandatory 10 speed Auto trans.
Add the Advanced transfer case for a probable $1000 and the total hit is $7900.
That would put a Base Squatch within spitting distance of a Black Diamond.
Which is exactly where Ford wants it.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Standard Package - $0
Sasquatch - $2500
Grey Hardtop - $700

I would love your feedback regarding my potential 4dr Badlands Sasquatch configuration. My desires are:

Keep price down
Good highway vehicle. Yes, Bronco are not built for highways, but some will be better than others

What I don't care about are large screens, other electronics and technology, heated seats and steering wheel, auto dimming mirrors, high beam assist, any other types of assistance, leather doo dads, remote start, floor lighting, etc, etc and on and on

Thanks for your help!
A base 4 door is 33200......It sounds like you could save quite a bit of money by just going with the base model. Thats where a lot of us are at right now.

Well, it's most likely to be about $6900 total for the Sasquatch.
$5000 Sas + $1900 for the mandatory 10 speed Auto trans.
Add the Advanced transfer case for a probable $1000 and the total hit is $7900.
That would put a Base Squatch within spitting distance of a Black Diamond.
Which is exactly where Ford wants it.
Yeah thats a good point. If I got the 2.3 I would want it manual as well.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Standard Package - $0
Sasquatch - $2500
Grey Hardtop - $700

Keep price down

Thanks for your help!
Honestly man it seems like you’re more focused on the look, which is cool, but you could save yourself like 10k by just getting a base model and squatching it. The badlands offers no real benefits other than a disconnecting sway bar and stock bash plates. You also mentioned you don’t care about any of the packaged electronics, so why pay the ~4k baked-in price if you’re not ordering options packages?

And FWIW a sasquatched base model is pretty much the same thing mechanically as a badlands, main difference is the electronic sway bar disco.

My .02

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has is been confirmed if the advanced transfer case is an option on the Base?

If so, I'm starting to think that a Base, 6/speed, the 4.46 gears and the ATC ( if available) and a rear ARB locker on some 33"s would get me +90% of the way to a Sasquatch, for over $3,500 less.
$3.5k is a lot of cheddar.
Advanced transfer case is avail on base with Sasquatch only. Not a standalone option.

Edit: This may be incorrect, edited to keep from spreading misinformation.

Last edited:

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Standard Package - $0
Sasquatch - $2500
Grey Hardtop - $700

Keep price down

Thanks for your help!
Oh,, sorry. My MSRP was off the pdf that has Destination baked in. I will fix it.

Keep in mind Base 4 door price includes the Automatic, If you are willing to do 2.3 Squatch that drops base MSRP+D down to $40396.

I plan on buying through Stevens in WV and do Xplan, that drops the Base price another $1600 or basically covers destination. So $38800 if I do 2.3 Squatch Base MIC Top best price, just have to pay to fly up and drive it home.
Sponsored