Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wanted to start a thread on the guys/gals buying a 2 door base model. What are you doing to do to it? Auto/manual. List your buildouts here. Right now you can't get a 2 door manual with the sasquatch package, but it looks like you can get the manual with the 4.7 gears and a rear locker.....So here is my build.

2 door base
manual
4.7 gears with rear locker option
Add after market lift 2" or so...
Add 33s or 35s later

If anyone sees any issues with these options let me know. This should give us a pretty good starting point to build a wheeling rig.. I have a ranger with the 2.3 and auto and the take offs are incredibly slow and thats why I'm leaning toward the manual..

Its either this or I get the 4 door wildtrack...but thats looking like a 50k plus build.....
Where did you hear you can get 4.7s without squatch on any trim besides badlands?

You also can’t option a rear locker on the base without Sasquatch as far as I know.

That being said the manual has 4.46 gears on the base, and adding an aftermarket rear locker isn’t too bad, especially with the aux switches. Adding 33s to that should work just fine.

Also, though it depends on a lot of factors (I’ll see if I can link to my post on this), the aluminum front dif may have issues on 35s if you wheel hard.

edit: my previous post on differential strength and tire size.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...xles-tough-enough-to-turn-35s.2599/post-83679

edit2: actually added the link this time, I clearly have not had enough coffee yet....
Sponsored

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where did you hear you can get 4.7s without squatch on any trim besides badlands?

You also can’t option a rear locker on the base without Sasquatch as far as I know.

That being said the manual has 4.46 gears on the base, and adding an aftermarket rear locker isn’t too bad, especially with the aux switches. Adding 33s to that should work just fine.

Also, though it depends on a lot of factors (I’ll see if I can link to my post on this), the aluminum front dif may have issues on 35s if you wheel hard.

edit: my previous post on differential strength and tire size.
I wasnt sure about the 4.7s.....I saw one of the spreadsheets that was created on this site and it had it as an option, but It sounds like it isnt. Thanks for letting me know.

You are right 4.46 gears arent a bad way to go.....

Thanks for all of the insight!!!!!!!

Last edited:

rcengr

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Odds of an aftermarket hard top are pretty slim. There isn’t one for jeeps after all.
There are Jeep options available. Prices range from $2500 to $4500. I imagine the aftermarket will support Bronco too.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It sounds like most people will be finalizing orders in the next few months. So I'm guessing this means that they wont have anything to test drive at the dealerships? I still torn between 2 and 4 door and manual/auto.

Sponsored

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Remote start can be added either by the dealership or aftermarket, right? That's really the only feature from higher trims/packages that I really want. But I'm not about to drop $5K to go up to BB then another grand or two for mid package. I live in TX, so the heated seats are meh, but I'd love a way to get that AC cranking before I get in.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Remote start can be added either by the dealership or aftermarket, right? That's really the only feature from higher trims/packages that I really want. But I'm not about to drop $5K to go up to BB then another grand or two for mid package. I live in TX, so the heated seats are meh, but I'd love a way to get that AC cranking before I get in.
Yes, remote start will easily be added later. For, I'm guessing, $150 aftermarket or $500 dealership.

Aftermarket one will use your existing key fob and the dealership one will be the same as OEM with new key fob. Both work well.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasnt sure about the 4.7s.....I saw one of the spreadsheets that was created on this site and it had it as an option, but It sounds like it isnt. Thanks for letting me know.

You are right 4.46 gears arent a bad way to go.....

Thanks for all of the insight!!!!!!!
I'm hoping an Eaton E-Locker set up will be easy with the Aux Panel. Ford offers a rear e-locker on all Rangers trims, even RWD. It's disappointing the Bronco Base won't get a (non-Squatch) rear locker option. Same goes with the tow package. I'd spend the $495 for a factory tow package.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With my 2019 ranger and the factory installed remote start I can get on the ford app in my phone and start the car from anywhere. I've started it from miles away...I can also open and unlock the doors. check fuel, oil usage etc. It would be worth it imo to get the factory remote start from ford just to have this feature.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe dealer installed option?

Sponsored

vargo_939

Base
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2-door, base, 2.3, manual, Sasquatch = tons of fun and cheap enough that I'll keep the F150 Screw ecoboost.
I thought I read on one of the threads on here the Sasquatch will not be offered with the 7 speed manual. I could be wrong but I swear I saw it.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went with the base 2D model with Sasquatch pkg, shadow black, 2.7,auto. Bumpers, grill, wheels will all change with upgrades as they come available. Gotta customize it some...
I’m well aware. I’m also switching from a fusion. 17 2.0
I have
I thought I read on one of the threads on here the Sasquatch will not be offered with the 7 speed manual. I could be wrong but I swear I saw it.
Its the 2.7 with Sask Pkg cannot be ordered with Manual. 2.3 can be ordered with Sask Pkg with Manual.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have

Its the 2.7 with Sask Pkg cannot be ordered with Manual. 2.3 can be ordered with Sask Pkg with Manual.
Unless it's been changed, Sasquatch is automatic only.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How many people are going to upgrade the front bumper with the ford hd modular or go aftermarket instead?

also will you add the overhead aux switches?

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many people are going to upgrade the front bumper with the ford hd modular or go aftermarket instead?

also will you add the overhead aux switches?
Probably gonna leave the bumper alone, but I do plan on getting the switches, unless they're just outrageously expensive. Probably won't use them for much; a light somewhere and maybe wire a subwoofer to a switch just for fun :cool:
Sponsored