First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
$600 sounds like way too much for a receiver and tie in to the electrical harness. Unless all these figures being posted from the survey are crazy bogus numbers and some of them do seem nonsensical that tow package should have upgraded cooler, alternator or something more
I suspect they realized that each tow package puts $500 in their pocket so they made it available.
Sponsored

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just bought 2020 XL....reciever hitch with wiring was $185.....from factory
That sounds more like it unless as I said there are some significant mechanical additions in the package

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
$600 sounds like way too much for a receiver and tie in to the electrical harness. Unless all these figures being posted from the survey are crazy bogus numbers and some of them do seem nonsensical that tow package should have upgraded cooler, alternator or something more
I’ll agree $600 seems on the high side but Ford wasn’t ever going to sell a $200 tow package. Tow rating is the same with or without the package so it can’t have anything mechanical. Maybe a brake controller if we are lucky.

Prices on everything else seemed in line with what you would reasonably expect.

Edit - Dual top option seems high

Last edited:

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im thinking the tow package might upgrade the alternator and add a transmition cooler. That would make sense for that price.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like the mid package is coming in around $1500, if you believe the survey info. By my math, for a 2dr, it's going to run around $6800 extra to go from base to BB+mid. Is that a fair cost for extra leather bits, auto ac, heated seats, remote start, wheel/tire upgrade, lane keep, the extra color choices, and a few other minor goodies? I'm leaning toward no, but I'm also a pretty frugal person. Any way I look at it, I keep concluding that all these $40k+ builds are just too damn much money to go toward a f'n car...but a base at $33ish is borderline tolerable, because Bronco.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
By my math, for a 2dr, it's going to run around $6800 extra to go from base to BB+mid.
The mid pkg is priced fairly, the issue has always been the $5k difference between BB and Base for $2K of equipment. It’s a terrible value, but if you want the locked away options you have to pay it. Apparently that huge BB premium doesn’t exist on the Canadian BB.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
The mid pkg is priced fairly, the issue has always been the $5k difference between BB and Base for $2K of equipment. It’s a terrible value, but if you want the locked away options you have to pay it. Apparently that huge BB premium doesn’t exist on the Canadian BB.
Yep. That's why I lump the BB standalone cost in with the mid, because if you're gonna go up to BB, at that point you might as well toss in the mid package.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just want a bunny to pop out of a hat and give an option of limited slip with a ratio around 4.27 and couple tire/wheel combos around the 32" mark. Like from the Big Bend!!

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my new current thought is Base 4 Door with Sasquatch or Big Bend with auto and the 4.27 E-locker. Both same price, Big Bend would be a better daily driver and would basically give me my answer to post #882! I do still have room to add the 2.7!!!

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What do you guys/girls think? I have the 2 door base 7 speed ordered. I've been driving stick cars for the last 25 years. I love the extra amount of control it provides. However, I don't want to spend more than a 4 door base costs. I don't have a big family - me, wife, 6 year old daughter...and hopefully a dog in the near future. Those that are going 4 door base, do you think you'll miss driving stick? I keep going back and forth. The 2 door looks awesome but I'm concerned about lack of room (although I could get a roof rack). 4 door (especially with the doors off) looks badass, but then I'm going with 10 speed auto. Ugh, I'm too indecisive.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What do you guys/girls think? I have the 2 door base 7 speed ordered. I've been driving stick cars for the last 25 years. I love the extra amount of control it provides. However, I don't want to spend more than a 4 door base costs. I don't have a big family - me, wife, 6 year old daughter...and hopefully a dog in the near future. Those that are going 4 door base, do you think you'll miss driving stick? I keep going back and forth. The 2 door looks awesome but I'm concerned about lack of room (although I could get a roof rack). 4 door (especially with the doors off) looks badass, but then I'm going with 10 speed auto. Ugh, I'm too indecisive.
It sounds like you need to stick to the 2 door stick!!!! I think a lot of people are going back and forth on what to get. They really gave us a lot of options and as of right now not much information...Sounds like anyone ordering now wont even see it till end of 2021 so we have lots of time to think...

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would get the 4 door with the kid. The 4 door will give you more storage, seating room and the passage will not have to get out of the vehicle when the back seat passage gets out of the car. (School drop off, etc...)

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would get the 4 door with the kid. The 4 door will give you more storage, seating room and the passage will not have to get out of the vehicle when the back seat passage gets out of the car. (School drop off, etc...)
Definitely good points as well. It's such a tough call. We have a Mazda CX-5 for family duty. However, I would definitely want to use the Bronco for trips, etc.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone keeps saying you need a 4 door for family. Not true. I have a family and my current vehicle is a cruze and i get along just fine. In fact, if my calculations are correct the Bronco will have even more interior than i currently do. However, my wife has an Atlas so when its all of us we are in hers. And more importantly, if you are getting a med or lrg dog then yes, a 4 door will be needed where a 2 door will be fine for a lil nipper. For me though its manual 2 door or nothing. This one is for me.
Sponsored